General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, Floria said:

There is nothing you can do about this, just cherish every moment of time we have left. 

I am rather selfish in this sense as well and I hope with Boyang and others being there Yuzu will have enough motivation to stay longer in competitive skating. 

We can also thank small mercies - and the quad axel - that he's still planning to compete (at least till he nails it).  Most skaters, I can't help feeling, would have announced their retirement the day of the medal ceremony at the Olympics... if not the 2014 ones!!!

And although I've only just discovered how wonderful he is, I do want him to know when the right time is to stop and have to admit that, given all of his gifts, I'm already curious about where he will go from there.  Somewhere wonderful, I hope (and he'll keep everyone guessing till the last minute, you betcha!)

19 minutes ago, Floria said:

There is nothing you can do about this, just cherish every moment of time we have left. 

I am rather selfish in this sense as well and I hope with Boyang and others being there Yuzu will have enough motivation to stay longer in competitive skating. 

I honestly don't think it will be lack of motivation that will prompt him to retire when he does. But we'll see...

But I'm pretty sure even after that he'll give us plenty to enjoy!

26 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Yuzu's asthma means he can't train as long as many skaters can at a stretch, doesn't it? Maybe it means nothing but his number of hours of training per week on ISU bio is not as high as most others'. He's probably had to really make those hours count from the time he was a kid, so not much will probably change as far as Yuzu's training is concerned. Plus I think they will also focus on not burdening his ankle too much from now on, so his training might be far more quality than quantity now. 

I think his training has been more quality than quantity for a while now. Ever since he went to Canada and they had to find ways to deal with his asthma and related stamina issues, but again, perhaps even more so, after Boston, I think. And of course, for Pyeongchang as well. It's no longer about jumping a gazillion quads per session like in his early senior days, and more about jumping few quads with high quality (IMO, that's the better idea anyway. Better to get it right when it matters, than to get it right eventually.) The skating parts I think are the same as everyone else, though, since stroking seems to be a team thing at TCC? And then there are runthroughs that are very important at TCC, too, and which I think play the biggest part in stamina training now. But I think even Javi said they don't train that many hours a day on the ice. And only throughout the week, I think weekends are free. So that could just be the way TCC does things ( though I also understand each skater has his/her own personalized schedule, so there could be differences between them). I wish we knew more about how they do things, but I guess they can't give away all their secrets :P

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think his training has been more quality than quantity for a while now. Ever since he went to Canada and they had to find ways to deal with his asthma and related stamina issues, but again, perhaps even more so, after Boston, I think. And of course, for Pyeongchang as well. It's no longer about jumping a gazillion quads per session like in his early senior days, and more about jumping few quads with high quality (IMO, that's the better idea anyway. Better to get it right when it matters, than to get it right eventually.) The skating parts I think are the same as everyone else, though, since stroking seems to be a team thing at TCC? And then there are runthroughs that are very important at TCC, too, and which I think play the biggest part in stamina training now. But I think even Javi said they don't train that many hours a day on the ice. And only throughout the week, I think weekends are free. So that could just be the way TCC does things ( though I also understand each skater has his/her own personalized schedule, so there could be differences between them). I wish we knew more about how they do things, but I guess they can't give away all their secrets :P

I think it'll be even more focused on preserving his body now, after the last injury. It would be more doable to have a handful of top skaters who all get enough attention if they don't all train for five hours a day with the same coaches. Skating and stroking drills might be done with training partners but if intensive individual training time is limited anyway, Yuzu's training shouldn't suffer because of all this. Gotta say, Ghislain will be really putting in a shift now, though.

3 hours ago, Altie said:

I don't recall every time Yuzu praised a fellow skater, but I do remember that he said that he particularly admired Jason's artistry, Boyang's jumps and Zhenia's mindset.

So... is it really Brian collecting top skaters, or Yuzu chosing his dream teammates ? The ones that, once combined, could make the perfect skater in his views ?

So that's what he meant when he said 'I can't do it without you' to Javi! He's missing a piece of the puzzle! :laughing:

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I also think that his latest rehabiliation matured him a lot. Ofcourse, he'd rather have had an injure-free season but he did say that he saw it as an opportunity to focus on other aspects.

I think that the fact that he was injured provided him with a time and a context to train himself and his body in a way that wasn't possible before because they are so focused on specific training for competitions. He is a master in, not only overcoming obstacles but also become a stronger person because of them.

Watching him skate in his ice show CiONTU and FaOI, I was really impressed with his growth. Physically, he never looked better and I truly believe that he will carry this newfound strenght and smoothness into the coming season. So, I am very excited to see how he will reduce us all to ashes and tears with his new programs :)

7 minutes ago, Whee1000 said:

If I may inquire, what happened in Boston exactly? Sounds like a major fiasco occurred, but also like it was used to improve his training/focus/etc. So I gather from bits and pieces of people’s posts. Thank you!

Major drama! :cry: Yuzu lost the WC gold medal, after an amazing season with 4 WR and lots of memorable performances! He was second after Javi! BUT, he was so hurt and injured ... and ofc, nobody knew, not even Brian iirc .... Yuzu said in an interview that he believed that the Gala performance was to be his last skate and that was his most emotional EX I've ever seen from him, just beautiful and aetheric... :crybaby: ... It was heartbreaking! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

11 時間前, Danibellerikaさんが言いました:

He is the only one illustrated. Everyone else gets actual photographs if they got more than just a listing.  I can't say I understand the method to the madness:headdesk2:.

Does ESPN own all the other images? Being the huge sports network they are with their very own sporting championship, I'd imagine they own every image they print of athletes. And I'm thinking they probably don't own a single one of Hanyu's seeing how they've never really covered him before.

44 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Major drama! :cry: Yuzu lost the WC gold medal, after an amazing season with 4 WR and lots of memorable performances! He was second after Javi! BUT, he was so hurt and injured ... and ofc, nobody knew, not even Brian iirc .... Yuzu said in an interview that he believed that the Gala performance was to be his last skate and that was his most emotional EX I've ever seen from him, just beautiful and aetheric... :crybaby: ... It was heartbreaking! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

OMG WAS THAT IT?!! Those are my favourite chopin (until olympics) and gala (of all times) performances!! actually was top 2 yuzu performance within his all prpgrams. And i didn't know nor can tell he was injured wow. Though i don't remember his free skate from that time. I remember watching all his programs in 2 days after i find out about him i really don't have/know any connection between his performances and the season 'dramas'. I felt so sad suddenly like i actually withnessed that season:sadPooh::dpooh:

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I remember watching the news coverage of the night the Berlin Wall came down, and thinking it couldn't be real, it was so unbelievable. Then getting up and checking the news again the next morning and realizing it really was true. It was an exhilarating feeling - as if the future was suddenly boundless and incredibly bright. And I was never especially affected by the Wall or the Cold War...just an ordinary teenager growing up under the global threat of nuclear war, but in a country where it wasn't a daily personal reality. What a time to be alive. It was like there was nothing the world couldn't do.

Then Bin Laden went and wrecked it all with 9/11, the #@$!*!. But I digress.

as for Yuzu, his uni studies seem to be science-y related (honestly, the name of his major translates so awkwardly into English I can't figure out what he's studying) , so pegging him for anything other than the informal ambassadorship of cameraderie seems a bit unrealistic. But I do like how he interacts with other skaters. He and Boyang will hopefully have a good time with this now.

Yeah, I had just moved to the US when the wall came down -- it was hard to believe, even seeing it in video. The wall was a constant, looming presence when I lived there.