General Yuzuru Chat

19 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Carrot is the colloquial term we FS fans use for underrotations. A carrot is an underrotation (<) and a double carrot is a downgrade (<<). A carrot cake is, well, when there's a lot of < and << symbols in a protocol. :laughing:

Edit: So in the specific gif of Yuzu's 4A attempt, the jump would have been called downgraded (double carrot) because he missed about half of a rotation on it (he basically landed forward, hence why he ended up falling and sliding into the audience).

And yet it gave me a heart attack, despite having seen it before, so I'm soooo not ready! (I'm still not ready for the Olympics, either. Yes, the last one, the one he won.)

18 hours ago, micaelis said:

In his early years, while I think Nanami was probably the guiding hand as far as his musical choices are concerned, she probably might have sensed that musicality he had and allowed him to have a freer hand in choosing his music, an approach more liberal than most coaches do for skaters early in their careers.

Not actually. Yuzu let Nanami decide his music. It was after he arrived at TCC that he started to have opinion about his FS music. Iirc, he wanted to skate to your fav-- POTO since season 2012/2013 but Brian & David Wilson said no. His wish was granted 2 seasons later.

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

Carrot is the colloquial term we FS fans use for underrotations. A carrot is an underrotation (<) and a double carrot is a downgrade (<<). A carrot cake is, well, when there's a lot of < and << symbols in a protocol. :laughing:

Edit: So in the specific gif of Yuzu's 4A attempt, the jump would have been called downgraded (double carrot) because he missed about half of a rotation on it (he basically landed forward, hence why he ended up falling and sliding into the audience).

I heard that the side of ice show rink is usually smaller than competition rink. It would be scary if the rink isn't big enough for 4A ( yeah a jump that demands insane height and distance ) and he jumps out of the rink and falls into crowd :slinkaway:

41 minutes ago, Huiqi said:

Not actually. Yuzu let Nanami decide his music. It was after he arrived at TCC that he started to have opinion about his FS music. Iirc, he wanted to skate to your fav-- POTO since season 2012/2013 but Brian & David Wilson said no. His wish was granted 2 seasons later.

I wonder what he liked so much about POTO? Did he like the broadway musical? Did he even see it? :biggrin: (omg)

9 minutes ago, wpisces said:

I heard that the side of ice show rink is usually smaller than competition rink. It would be scary if the rink isn't big enough for 4A ( yeah a jump that demands insane height and distance ) and he jumps out of the rink and falls into crowd :slinkaway:

*gets Boyang flashbacks from Milan FS*

yeah, show ice rink are usually a bit smaller. Add the show lightning (and possibly worse ice than during competitions...ice condition in France doesn't count:P) and you get why skaters trying their layouts for next season usually use triples as placeholders for quads (I guess another reason is why take unnecessary risks during a show? Audience appreciates clean jumps anyway)

both Yuzuru and Mura were a bit crazy attempting a 4A in those conditions (but what's new?):darklordyuzu:

also, that's why it was amazing that Yuzuru managed to do his whole Ballade 3.0 layout with 4Lo clean in FaoI Makuhari last year...sadly it was the only time he did that particular layout clean:13877886: because in Russia he botched both 4Lo and combo, and then...well, we know what happened:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

Spoiler

Last night I dreamt about yuzu. He choose POTO for his FS this season and I'm shocked  then  I wake  up. Thanks God, it just a dream. I love his POTO but seriously it gave me a nightmare after CoC. :13877886:

Oh I miss this planet. Feels like a long time not visit this and I lost track about yuzu. I think the latest news I read about him he's going to perform in all FAOI ice shows. Can't wait to see him skating again. I'm so excited. I hope his ankle is getting better and ready to jump! :snonegai:

I wonder if he's going to have new ex at Faoi or he just doing medley for his old program like he did at CiONTU 

Watch Yuzu come out of the gate swinging at his first comp and land a freaking Nessie. 

(I kid I kid... But also.... not really....But yeah I do know it's like super unlikely.....)

2 hours ago, LadyLou said:

COR= Cup of Russia, it was the old name of Rostelecom Cup, the GP held in Russia every year :biggrin:

I usually use COR because it's way faster (and because I often end botching the name...I guess I could use RC as acronym but somehow COR stuck with me:laughing:)

This makes me think, admins of the Planet, maybe we need some kind of glossary? (or do we already have it somewhere?) With acronyms like FaoI and COR/RC, and maybe a few words commonly used in the figure skating fandom like pop, PR, and in Yuzu fandom, like PW, LGC, first pancake, boobskirt, trashbag pants, strawberry costume and so on? So newbies don't get lost?

I was thinking of this, I actually started compiling a list of terms a while ago, very incomplete, just for ideas of categories, but haven't gotten around to posting it anywhere yet!

Spoiler

The list as of right now (and there are a few terms I still don't get, like "kya kya wa wa" :laughing:):

Yazunori Abu
Zazura Hanya

Max and Angelo
Hersh
Eteri
Nanami
Nobu
P Chiddy
Boyang Man

Yuzuvier

kya kya wa wa
Poohvalanche
swan bag
zusaaa pose
kuyashi

boobskirt
angry seaweed
PPoS
UA

ISU
PC
SP, FS
3A
Nessie
BV
GOE
PCS

JSF
JOC
TSL

POTO
H&L

FaOI

IdF

fanyu
satellite
cacti
water us

planet
alien
antenna

a quad is a very long time

image training

splatfest

r*t*r*m*nt

Also, I'm always amused by the stuff that's supposedly less specific but that I haven't really seen used in other fandoms:

• soft
  • squishy
  • SNS
  • fluffs
  • Cr.
  • CMs
  • wholesome
  • having a concern

Should we call this new language - or dialect - Fanyuese? :biggrin:

A wiki would probably be best if we wanted to do this. Or a shared Google Doc?

7 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Watch Yuzu come out of the gate swinging at his first comp and land a freaking Nessie. 

(I kid I kid... But also.... not really....But yeah I do know it's like super unlikely.....)

and also a 4F because why not?

Meanwhile, Nathan puts a hold on Yale to chase 5T. 

Shoma asks if there is room in Rafeal's group. A scandal in Japan. like Evgenia, rises. Shoma is accused of sleeping when he could be training. 

Then 15-yr old wonder boy, who may or may not be Gogolev, lands 5T

It is as good as Sasha's 4T

Eteri comments he might not keep the jump as he grows

13 minutes ago, GraceAndPower said:

I was thinking of this, I actually started compiling a list of terms a while ago, very incomplete, just for ideas of categories, but haven't gotten around to posting it anywhere yet!

Hide contents

The list as of right now (and there are a few terms I still don't get like, "kya kya wa wa" :laughing:):

Yazunori Abu
Zazura Hanya

Max and Angelo
Hersh
Eteri
Nanami
Nobu
P Chiddy
Boyang Man

Yuzuvier

kya kya wa wa
Poohvalanche
swan bag
zusaaa pose
kuyashi

boobskirt
angry seaweed
PPoS
UA

ISU
PC
SP, FS
3A
Nessie
BV
GOE
PCS

JSF
JOC
TSL

POTO
H&L

FaOI

IdF

fanyu
satellite
cacti
water us

planet
alien
antenna

a quad is a very long time

image training

splatfest

r*t*r*m*nt

Also, I'm always amused by the stuff that's supposedly less specific but that I haven't really seen used in other fandoms:

• soft
  • squishy
  • SNS
  • fluffs
  • Cr.
  • CMs
  • wholesome
  • having a concern

Should we call this new language - or dialect - Fanyuese? :biggrin:

Also...

#CiONTU :rofl:

15 minutes ago, GraceAndPower said:

Reveal hidden contents

A separate thread for it would be nice and very useful!  :agree: 

20 minutes ago, moonkat said:

Shoma asks if there is room in Rafeal's group. A scandal in Japan. like Evgenia, rises. Shoma is accused of sleeping when he could be training. 

Speaking of 5T, I think Yuzu has the perfect body to land it... I wonder if he knows that if he puts his forearms on top of one another like what Boyang and Nathan do when rotating in the air (instead of touching his fists at the centre of his chest), he can spin faster than any of them...

33 minutes ago, moonkat said:

LOL so young jumping prodigy Gogolev out-jumps "veteran" Nathan Chen?? XD