General Yuzuru Chat

29 minutes ago, wingman said:

I don't think Yuzu is super reserved. He has good interaction with Nobu, for example. He's so into being the spotlight, talks all the time (as far as I could tell from interviews with others), so I would imagine that's just how he is in a group.  Shoma would be a better example of a reserved person.

It's just that Yuzu basically works all the time (trains, competes, do CM, do PR, etc etc). He interacts with Javi in Toronto, where he has his "work" mindset on. Yuzu keeps his work and private life very separate (key to success as ninja!).

That's why I said he's reserved when he's away from media. He doesn't want others talk too much about him when he isn't there. He doesn't let many people know about his personal life if it's not him or anyone who gets permission from him to reveal it. 

34 minutes ago, ajnats said:

I think both Yuzu and Misha mentioned talking to each other even when they're not in the same place, but I obviously don't know how regular or how casual their interactions are. 

Yeah, and we also don't know what they usually talk about. If they are simply professional topics, then I don't think we can call it a deep relationship. 

1 hour ago, valkyrie said:

i don't really know what this is meant to illustrate, honestly. i'm friends with people in wildly different living situations from me and it's not an issue, lol. i wish he would bring up their differences in personality without falling back on the fact that yuzuru lives with his mother every time.

Honestly, my personal interpretation of it is that firstly, Brian knows Yuzuru way better than all of us, or even media. So if he highlights those things, there is a reason for it. My conclusion is: Yuzuru focuses only on skating, and when he isn't skating, he spends time home with the part of his family that stays with him, which is his mother. 

Aside from facts, every single one of us is going to have a different opinion regarding that. As far as I'm concerned, if Yuzuru needs this kind of privacy and 'introversion' to maintain his head in the game, he is welcome to do so, because his genius and personality really explode on ice. When he'll go pro, he will have plenty of time to build up indipendence, a more dynamic social life, and so on. And those will be his private life matters, so I guess they shouldn't matter so much to us. 

16 hours ago, moonkat said:

ce870adfca52f9dcf489d38f4505bbcb.jpg

16 hours ago, Sammie said:

OT

I used to love Kaneshiro :smiley-love017:

Um wow this is a sad example because I still love Kaneshiro but was so confused when his face changed... Also funny because I did think of him when Yuzu complained about the "ideal type" thing. 

He seems to have a very clear view of how people see him, for good and bad, so I think he wouldn't permanently change himself in any way that wasn't also functional (like fixing teeth/bite was). In that view, scientific explanation for monolid advantage would probably make him even less likely to change!

I do think he is beautiful, and I'm fascinated by the extreme and never-ending variability in his appearance, while always being himself. With so much depth and so many facets to his character, he really is a gem.

Higashi-Nihon-Hoso (a Sendai-based TV station) had been featuring Yuzu-related places in and around Sendai and the parade this week in their serialized program "Hashkari". Now all the episodes are available on youtube. 

Episode 502: International Center Station (国際センター駅)

Spoiler

Episode 503: Tokyoya Shokudo, Ishinomaki (東京屋食堂)

Spoiler

Episode 504: Goshikinuma (五色沼)

Spoiler

Episode 505: Ice Rink Sendai (アイスリンク仙台)

Spoiler

Episode 506: Parade (パレード)

Spoiler

Sorry for not providing translations when there's no embarrassing content I'm just lazy

4 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Higashi-Nihon-Hoso (a Sendai-based TV station) had been featuring Yuzu-related places in and around Sendai and the parade this week in their serialized program "Hashkari". Now all the episodes are available on youtube. 

Episode 502: International Center Station (国際センター駅)

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 503: Tokyoya Shokudo, Ishinomaki (東京屋食堂)

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 504: Goshikinuma (五色沼)

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 505: Ice Rink Sendai (アイスリンク仙台)

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 506: Parade (パレード)

Hide contents

Sorry for not providing translations when there's no embarrassing content I'm just lazy

Phew... lol I actually got interviewed by them at the parade (and exchanged e-mails with the reporter, because he said he wanted to stay in touch, in case there'll be another parade in four years lol) so I was afraid I'd see myself in this :1:. I'm happy they continue doing coverage of this, though. And uploading on youtube!

37 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Honestly, my personal interpretation of it is that firstly, Brian knows Yuzuru way better than all of us, or even media. So if he highlights those things, there is a reason for it. My conclusion is: Yuzuru focuses only on skating, and when he isn't skating, he spends time home with the part of his family that stays with him, which is his mother. 

Aside from facts, every single one of us is going to have a different opinion regarding that. As far as I'm concerned, if Yuzuru needs this kind of privacy and 'introversion' to maintain his head in the game, he is welcome to do so, because his genius and personality really explode on ice. When he'll go pro, he will have plenty of time to build up indipendence, a more dynamic social life, and so on. And those will be his private life matters, so I guess they shouldn't matter so much to us. 

oh sure, i'm not trying to suggest that i know what the situation is better than borser or anything. i only mean that even so, he's just as susceptible to cultural biases etc as anyone else, and across the years he's brought up yuzuru living with his mother at various times as if it's something noteworthy or odd. maybe there's a good reason for it but with the limited information i have it's just personally annoying to me.

from the way he's spoken i imagine that he wants yuzuru to have more things going on in his life than just skating, which is probably where it comes from? but even if yuzuru was living on his own in toronto i get the sense that he'd still be just as much of a hermit anyway.