General Yuzuru Chat

On 5/16/2018 at 1:07 AM, KatjaThera said:

His mother should get a percentage of the sales for each of these haircuts, as copyright :P

(Actually, personally, I don't even really like his regular, non-competition hairstyle. It's too... good boy style lol But I guess I prefer it to the current fashion where most guys seem photocopies of each other with shaved or short sides and long fringes and blah)

His hair really only looks good when it's styled but I think he has difficult hair to work with - super thick, straight, and a difficult head shape to work with.  He kind of has a little boy's haircut.  I'm hoping that this long bangs phase is actually him growing his hair out so his hair will be forced off his face.

On 5/15/2018 at 12:12 PM, ralucutzagy said:

Almost no difference ... this hashtag is great! :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

LOL, I frequently mistake the years of his photos unless he's in costume or there's something distinctive in the background.  Looks like he's finally losing some of the baby fat in his face - his second chin isn't as full and his cheek bones are more pronounced.

A sport entertainment program will be aired on May 25 from 19:00 on NTV, there is going to be docudrama of Yuzuru including Orser's interview. 

http://www.ntv.co.jp/horebahoruhodosugoihito/?n_sclbtn=t

Young actor, Kenshin Endo plays the role of Yuzuru. I don't know him but he is 17 and 179 cm tall, and plays basketball. 

http://www.hirata-office.jp/talent_profile/men/kenshin_endo.html

Next weekend will be very busy for us:Brocolli:

31 minutes ago, yude said:

A sport entertainment program will be aired on May 25 from 19:00 on NTV, there is going to be docudrama of Yuzuru including Orser's interview. 

http://www.ntv.co.jp/horebahoruhodosugoihito/?n_sclbtn=t

Young actor, Kenshin Endo plays the role of Yuzuru. I don't know him but he is 17 and 179 cm tall, and plays basketball. 

http://www.hirata-office.jp/talent_profile/men/kenshin_endo.html

Next weekend will be very busy for us:Brocolli:

I can’t wait :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: I’m ready to be flooded with videos and pics of him  :dancingpooh:

On 5/15/2018 at 2:15 AM, KatjaThera said:

Under spoiler, because some people might be sick of this topic by now.

Hide contents

I honestly think you're presuming too much to know what Yuzu meant. Maybe he meant what you said, maybe he didn't. Maybe he wanted the thing broadcast over and over again, maybe he didn't. You're free to believe whichever option you want, but I think it's not very helpful not to consider various perspectives. Various people here said Yuzu has already been attacked over what he said. Do we really want him to keep being attacked just for the sake of some grand ideal of fighting cyber bullying? He said what he had to say. People who would be touched by it already were, whether they saw it live or heard from fans about it afterwards. People who wouldn't be, will never be, no matter how much he says it. It costs someone a lot to bare his soul like that and maybe once was enough for him. We also know he watches and reads stuff he is in. Maybe he didn't want to see himself as he said that. Also, just because it was re-broadcasted that same day, censored, I wouldn't automatically assume he had no say in it. I doubt TV Asahi would do it without at least letting him know.

And since we're so high on censorship, did anyone go after the fans who uploaded the NHK documentaries while censoring his NHK fall? But I guess that's ok because some fans are uncomfortable with seeing that. We'd probably end up censoring quite a bit of his career because we've got issues seeing him getting physically injured, but hearing him talk about emotional injuries is something we have to do over and over again and make it so he does it over and over again, out of some sense of righteousness we don't even know if he shares or not. Yes, he wants to talk about bashing and cyber bullying. That doesn't necessary mean he wants himself bearing his soul to be shown on TV over and over again. It's not essential to the topic and actually it's quite out of character for him, too. I don't see why some people find it so hard to understand that once might have been more than enough for him. That the so-called censorship MIGHT have been his choice. I don't know. You don't know. But if you overreact and it was his choice, it might backfire against him again.

Oh and as for the 'he did it on the day of the broadcasted so he must have meant this', I think that's also assuming too much. It probably had a lot more with it being the last day. The last day is usually the culmination of an event. It was only natural to have Plushenko as the guest on the last day. And since it was Plushenko, then that topic came along. You might notice his reaction to the Javi video was the most personal in the last day as well, he seemed more affected by it on the last day than the previous two (even though he said he felt like crying on the first one, he looked like he might cry on the last one). And he was clearly the most emotional at the end of the last day. I seriously doubt he intended to mention the 'controversial' part, but for some reason he did, probably on an impulse. That is what they 'censored', not the talk about bashing and bullying. Otherwise, they would have removed the Plushenko part, whether he dodged the question or not. (That actually being a perfect example of not wanting to talk about one's experience. Which, of course, he was free to do. I expect he might have talked to Yuzu about it privately, though.)

PS: In general, for all people who have ever been attacked or abused in any way, I prefer the term 'survivor' to the term 'victim'. It's far more empowering, even if it might seem exaggerated. Yuzu is a survivor in more ways that one. I assume you are, too, since you are here and trying to take a stand. And everyone else I know who has been abused in some way, is a survivor to me. But that's just me.

It's not presumptuous to see an apple and say, "hey look, an apple."  I don't need to "presume" what Yuzu meant; he said precisely what he meant -- no more, and no less.  You don't have to read into his words at all -- in fact you shouldn't.  There should be zero embellishment or speculation.  His words were as plain as the nose on your face.  It doesn't take a crystal ball or a psychiatrist to understand, since all his words meant exactly what they said.  It also doesn't take a crystal ball to figure out Yuzu deliberately brought this up with Plu-San because he was planning to talk about it later too.  More to the point: Since he was brave enough to say those words, it's wrong to censor him.  Everyone who's been bullied deserves to be heard -- whatever they want to say about it.  Since that is my entire point, there really isn't that much else to talk about.  

I'm sure (or at least, I hope) that I'm not alone in this, but sometimes I find myself spending hours rewatching competitions chronologically with specific commentators, as it's interesting to see how the commentators' opinions have changed over time (and it makes me happy to hear people shower lovely, well-deserved praises upon our boy :biggrin:). I've already followed through this train with B.ESP and I.ESP (shoutout to my fave Italian uncles), and today it was an abbreviated lookback with CBC. I just finished watching the 2018 OWG SP and FS (Happy 3 Month Anniversary!! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:). To be honest, I'm not sure what it was about this experience today that's prompted me to write this post, but I've come away with this feeling of thankfulness for the fact that there are people out there who have witnessed, followed, and supported Yuzu's skating journey for most, if not all, of his competitive skating career and who will continue to do so for as long as he decides to continue.

It goes without saying that Yuzu has many, many fans who have also been following him for many, many years and who will likewise continue to do so in the same way, but the interesting thing about commentators is that their experiences with Yuzu's skating are documented and made available for the world to see. Of course, commentating is a job, and some commentators are more informed than others, some more invested than others, but there's something truly special about listening to those who care about and enjoy the sport and its skaters (hi there, all the uncles) and to hear them fall in love with Yuzu's skating (hi there, Max and Angelo). It's especially wonderful to hear them fall in love again and again and again, more and more each time, over all these years (hi again, Max and Angelo <3), like many of us have, too. 

Anyways. There wasn't really a point to this at all, just sharing some thoughts I had today.

Also, hang in there, friends! Only a week to go until FaOI! :10636614: