General Yuzuru Chat

22 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I don't think there's much to talk about that subject, it's been known for years that mama Hanyu takes care of him in Toronto and it has worked very well:shrug:

If people are talking about that well, new fans must have found out about that and antis will always say bad stuff so i'd say just let them be:meditationf:

I recall how much sugar was contained in that one cup of hot chocolate for the lotte commercial, and shudder at the thought of him trying to cook. >_< It's probably healthier to have mom cook nice, nutritious meals too. 

*I'm sure he can do it if push comes to shove, but the first few attempts, I worry for that kitchen. 

She's only doing what BESP commentators were urging in 2012 - 'wrap him in cotton wool' etc!  

Seriously it's fake news, old information etc etc.  Take plenty of no notice as my mother is wont to say.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

I recall how much sugar was contained in that one cup of hot chocolate for the lotte commercial, and shudder at the thought of him trying to cook. >_< It's probably healthier to have mom cook nice, nutritious meals too. 

*I'm sure he can do it if push comes to shove, but the first few attempts, I worry for that kitchen. 

I'm sure he can at least make rice? So he could survive on self-made onigiri for a few days if he needed to...

Just now, Hydroblade said:

I'm sure he can at least make rice? So he could survive on self-made onigiri for a few days if he needed to...

I think there were articles before about how people try to make smaller decisions more efficiently- ie Steve Jobs always wearing that same turtleneck, why presidents tend to have auto-coordinated wardrobes (same suits) etc. And part of that is just setting aside non-critical decisions so they are automated, and thus your time can be spent more efficiently. 

The same works for him, and probably Medvedeva too. It's an efficiency issue-these issues that effect his skating, but are possibly not as critical, or at least he can't do them as efficiently, are delegated out. This is where mom comes in, and Shirota etc. It does make me wonder how Javi multi-tasks since he doesn't have that possibility to delegate out non-essential tasks (laundry, cooking, changing Effie's litter etc). 

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

Rice cookers are amazing. Mine can even make soup and boil meat and stuff. =D

4 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

rice cooker and I still wonder how he was drinking that chocolate with such a smile when he obviously put too much sugar.

And his mom would worry a lot if she wasn't around him especially with his asthma.

rice cookers are hard to use :1:

18 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

still wonder how he was drinking that chocolate with such a smile when he obviously put too much sugar.

And his mom would worry a lot if she wasn't around him especially with his asthma.

LOL. This video is hilarious to me because it is exactly how my children would make hot chocolate - the way he sticks his finger in the milk at the beginning, the bajillion marshmallows and shavings he tops it with, how tentative he is throughout the process, even though he is basically microwaving a chocolate bar in milk. This boy is so sweetly low-functioning when it comes to non-skating stuff. 

Well, Mr Hanyu is also a university student so having his mom around allows him to focus on his two main subjects, skating and education, which is an important family value. 

These new new rice cookers are amazing. Mine serenades me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star when I turn it on. 

I wouldn't judge Yuzu's cooking skills by something he was doing for the first time. I have been cooking for 15 years and still get nervous and tentative when making or using something new. Though, if his mom does the cooking normally, he doesn't really need to learn but I think he does know how to make simple dishes and reheat stuff since his mother is also human and probably have off days when she needs help :shrug:

I never use the microwave to heat any liquid due to an unfortunate accident few years ago :biggrin: