General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Forcefield said:

When is the rebroadcast of all 3 days of ciontu on Asahi? I thought it was the week of May 25th, but I looked at under PH Events in Ice shows and it's this weekend? Where did I even get May 25th from? I'm confused. :smiley_hairpull:

May 25th is the first FaOI show :P

57 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

does anyone know which article it was where Yuzuru was talking about how "young Yuzu" would look at what he's done and ask "what are you so proud of" or something like that?  I remember someone said something about how Young Yuzu was a brat, lol.  I think Yuzu also talked about how an old teacher told him he should go for the quad axel and quint.  Sorry, I did a few searches and can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

Maybe this video is what you are looking for?

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

You say that as if it was a bad thing:english2:

I for one could happily watch an entire ice show of just Yuzu doing step sequences. Or even just stroking exercises. heck he could just be wearing his UA and doing massive spread eagles and I would be so happy I would vomit rainbows and sunshine. :knc_yuzu2:

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

does anyone know which article it was where Yuzuru was talking about how "young Yuzu" would look at what he's done and ask "what are you so proud of" or something like that?  I remember someone said something about how Young Yuzu was a brat, lol.  I think Yuzu also talked about how an old teacher told him he should go for the quad axel and quint.  Sorry, I did a few searches and can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

Every time I remember that interview I'm like... young Yuzu be scary..... :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

New programs?  I think it might be taken for granted he'll enter this new phase of his competitive biography with new SP and FS.  He finished his looking-back at CiONTU.  Now he's looking to the future.  My guess is that he'll have a pretty jazzy SP, along the lines of PW and LGC.  He's been coasting on Chopin for too long, IMO, and he needs a change of pace, even though LGC was the season before last, Chopin had been the two seasons before it and the season after it.  For an ex I wonder.  He might decide to use an older program for the summer shows and craft a new one for the galas next season.  I wonder if he'll use something with a vocal rather than purely instrumental.  I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me but I thought Yuzu might have been singing along with the vocal as he skated one time, since his mouth was moving.   Can't remember exactly which performance.  Has anyone else noticed?  If the judges needed any proof of how deeply Yuzu gets into the music, that would certainly be conclusive.

5 minutes ago, micaelis said:

New programs?  I think it might be taken for granted he'll enter this new phase of his competitive biography with new SP and FS.  He finished his looking-back at CiONTU.  Now he's looking to the future.  My guess is that he'll have a pretty jazzy SP, along the lines of PW and LGC.  He's been coasting on Chopin for too long, IMO, and he needs a change of pace, even though LGC was the season before last, Chopin had been the two seasons before it and the season after it.  For an ex I wonder.  He might decide to use an older program for the summer shows and craft a new one for the galas next season.  I wonder if he'll use something with a vocal rather than purely instrumental.  I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me but I thought Yuzu might have been singing along with the vocal as he skated one time, since his mouth was moving.   Can't remember exactly which performance.  Has anyone else noticed?  If the judges needed any proof of how deeply Yuzu gets into the music, that would certainly be conclusive.

Something jazzy would be great! I also would be happy if he skates to any type of unique music/song that no skater has skated to before.

On another note, I believe the song that you noticed Yuzu singing to is POTO?

5 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I wonder if he'll use something with a vocal rather than purely instrumental.  I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me but I thought Yuzu might have been singing along with the vocal as he skated one time, since his mouth was moving.   Can't remember exactly which performance.  Has anyone else noticed?  If the judges needed any proof of how deeply Yuzu gets into the music, that would certainly be conclusive.

Not sure if it's what you were remembering, but for exhibition programs in the past he certainly sings along to Hana ni Nare.

7 hours ago, Toni said:

To me, Yuzu is just a little boy. I haze ZERO romantic interest in him and I'm completely uninterested in him sexually. I have no fantasies about him; in fact, at my age, that would seem creepy... AND YET... even i can't stop looking at him. He is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen, even when he's standing still; but put him on the ice and I'm... crying just THINKING of him on the ice... I mean literally - tears are pouring down my face right now... can't finish this thought...

@ToniProbably OT: I’m pretty sure I’m an “auntie” on this site and the young men “back in my day” looked like, well, BOrser iin 1988, replete with mullet hairdos and pleather pants. To me Mr Hanyu shines like a gem because I  had to live through that mess of a fashion era (I got a lot of kuyashii about that) and now I see this amazing person just being himself and he’s lovely and in the flower of his youth, and I’m all jealous. Lol.  

26 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me but I thought Yuzu might have been singing along with the vocal as he skated one time, since his mouth was moving.

Given how visibly out of breath he is after either SP or LP even when he is at his peak fitness (and who would be surprised given how athletic his programs are, let alone the fact that he is asthmatic), I would imagine he would be hard-pressed to sing-along if he was to choose a song with vocals for either SP or LP. Although it is his singing along eg in Hana ni Nare that adds to the heartfelt nature of that show program.

4 minutes ago, ajnats said:

I think I saw him singing/mouthing along while skating LGC and POTO and I'm pretty sure he was lipsynching Ode to Joy during FaOI last year. 

Saw him lip syncing to notte stellata at least once too :P

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

Saw him lip syncing to notte stellata at least once too :P

Yes! I wonder if this is something he thinks about how it will look - it wouldn't surprise me because he's so detail oriented and he thinks about EVERYTHING - or is he just so into the performance and music that he can't help himself. Either way, I really love it when he does it.