General Yuzuru Chat

23 hours ago, Forcefield said:

:disdain:

I'm sure I'm taking this a little too seriously, but with talk about health and girls and Adam Rippon, is it healthy for an athlete to weigh themself after a meal, even just breakfast?

I know Yuzu cares about his weight and his food intake even if he says otherwise, he's too smart to think absolutely nothing of it, but I didn't know it was to this extent. In way I underestimated how figure skating affects Yuzu beyond all the stuff about music, costumes, his jumps and the usual stuff. 

Yuzu has dietitians he has to report to; I'm sure it's THEY who want the daily weight. Remember that article that mentioned that they had to stimulate his appetite with warm fluid, otherwise he didn't eat enough? I wonder if the weighing is to make sure he gets enough to eat, rather than to prevent him from getting gaining. Maybe he even thinks he's cheating a bit to weigh himself AFTER he eats.

On 2018/5/2 at 午前12時39分, sweetwaterさんが言いました:

He said he has been thinking about this because he was told in advance to nickname them here. He wanted to make their nicknames sound kinda similar, so he chose the names which would be transcribed with "ー" in the end, such as こー, のー, なー, みー, きー.

Lol. こーさん,のーさん, なーさん, みーさん,きーさん, ぷーさん

xD

3 hours ago, Toni said:

Yuzu has dietitians he has to report to; I'm sure it's THEY who want the daily weight. Remember that article that mentioned that they had to stimulate his appetite with warm fluid, otherwise he didn't eat enough? I wonder if the weighing is to make sure he gets enough to eat, rather than to prevent him from getting gaining. Maybe he even thinks he's cheating a bit to weigh himself AFTER he eats.

Yes Yuzu for years has had trouble keeping weight ON. He doesn’t have much of an appetite and apparently food moves through his digestive system slowly. He has an easier time maintaining his weight (meaning, keeping it up) while competing. I’m sure Ajinomoto expects daily weight reports (and you are supposed to do it at the same time every day).  It sounds like he was perplexed when Phil Hersh asked him about his weight during his press conference at Olys. 

On 5/2/2018 at 1:03 PM, ajnats said:

https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/159322927319/dinner-menu-for-331-the-night-before-fs-bottom

I remembered I read about him tracking his weight sometime last year. It seems like he only started doing it in 2016. It made me laugh that they mentioned how his butt got visibly bigger XD

Oh! I just saw this. Made me curious about "white soup nabe with pork," so I looked it up and found this recipe with a very interesting ingredient:

https://www.japancentre.com/en/recipes/1073-cabbage-pork-nabe-hot-pot

Notice one of the ingredients is "Yuzu Peel." I wonder if Japanese folks think fondly of Yuzu while they're eating their Yuzu's. 

https://mesubim.com/2015/12/22/yuzu-peel-yuzunone/

On 5/2/2018 at 11:15 PM, Bonesfan said:

Yes Yuzu for years has had trouble keeping weight ON. He doesn’t have much of an appetite and apparently food moves through his digestive system slowly. He has an easier time maintaining his weight (meaning, keeping it up) while competing. I’m sure Ajinomoto expects daily weight reports (and you are supposed to do it at the same time every day).  It sounds like he was perplexed when Phil Hersh asked him about his weight during his press conference at Olys. 

I was perplexed by Phil's question too, since Yuzu had clearly increased his body mass, then I realized why Hersh was fooled. The way Yuzu's muscles "bulked up" didn't really add much bulk, but his muscles are definitely more defined, and muscles like that are also more dense, thus heavier. Yuzu's face has also matured, which makes it look a smidge thinner. Basically, Phil was subject to an optical illusion.

4 minutes ago, Toni said:

I was perplexed by Phil's question too, since Yuzu had clearly increased his body mass, then I realized why Hersh was fooled. The way Yuzu's muscles "bulked up" didn't really add much bulk, but his muscles are definitely more defined, and muscles like that are also more dense, thus heavier. Yuzu's face has also matured, which makes it look a smidge thinner. Basically, Phil was subject to an optical illusion.

Not to defend Phil at all, but comparing COR 2017 fancams to Pyeongchang fancams, I would agree that it looked like he lost muscle mass in his thighs, etc. Although that would obviously be the case since he could hardly keep up his fitness for several months. 

Although was phil asking weight loss since Sochi? I meant to say that I think he clearly lost muscle between October 17 and Feb 18, understandably so.

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

First rule of Hanyu Club: Talk way too much about Hanyu Club

Second rule of Hanyu Club: Talk waaaaaay too much about Hanyu Club

Third rule of Hanyu Club: Do not eat the Hanyu

He's said he's open to the idea under the right circumstances. :P