General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

please explain :)))

I'll  try  my best  but  it's  virtually  impossible to  translate  to convey   the meaning  .  

Here: 

http://web.archive.org/web/20140330011408/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3220064-team-figure-skating-wait-thats-new/page-2

if  you scroll down  you'll   see  the  user  by name Enero  butchering  his  name  in such a  way  that  it  sounds  like  some  savage Russian  word  play  involving  a very  bad  Russian  word,  with  some  sarcastic and  humorous  flavor  at the same damn time.The  fact  it  was (I hope!) unintentional  makes it  1000 times  funnier.

I can’t wait till next season when the announcer said in a choked up voice “Two time Olympic Gold Medalist , Yuzuru Hanyu ! “ Medal asides but the way he fights to get there ...( already crying thinking about that, I’ll be a mess ugly crying every time I hear it ) :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:

one important question: when will we see the two medals grace HIs Majesty ‘s neck ?

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

It is his favorite hobby. :snpeace:

A part of me wants him to try a different choreographer for new experience. Not david wilson though.. He can choreo the Gala EX but not the FS nor SP.

But maybe yuzu will stick to Jeff doing SP and Shae doin FS. Or maybe he will spice things up and lets Shae do SP and Jeff do FS. Who knows. Maybe Misha Ge? Lol. 

5 hours ago, Forcefield said:

I'm sure I'm taking this a little too seriously, but with talk about health and girls and Adam Rippon, is it healthy for an athlete to weigh themself after a meal, even just breakfast?

I know Yuzu cares about his weight and his food intake even if he says otherwise, he's too smart to think absolutely nothing of it, but I didn't know it was to this extent. In way I underestimated how figure skating affects Yuzu beyond all the stuff about music, costumes, his jumps and the usual stuff. 

It is extremely common for athletes at that level to weigh themselves daily, so I wouldn't be concerned about that. I know we've heard about him just eating fast food etc apparently without consequence (like wth Yuzu....can you at least pretend to be human) but from what I understand, normally, athletes, esp those at a certain level, will have extremely strictly regimented, planned diets and weight goals etc during training and competitive season.

not only do you need energy for insane levels of exercise, but in a sport like figure skating where you are throwing yourself into the air and trying to rotate freaking four times in the air (or more Yuzu??), you want to cut down every single possible bit of excess weight. This extends to equipment (skate weight) but also just their own body needs to be as streamlined as possible. 

I think we sometimes forget the amount of dedication it takes to be a truly world class athlete. Everything in their life revolves around the sport, Yuzu is not at all uncommon in that, and they sacrifice having a normal life - friends, outings, eating whatever they want etc for the sport

1 hour ago, OonsieHui said:

It is extremely common for athletes at that level to weigh themselves daily, so I wouldn't be concerned about that. I know we've heard about him just eating fast food etc apparently without consequence (like wth Yuzu....can you at least pretend to be human) but from what I understand, normally, athletes, esp those at a certain level, will have extremely strictly regimented, planned diets and weight goals etc during training and competitive season.

not only do you need energy for insane levels of exercise, but in a sport like figure skating where you are throwing yourself into the air and trying to rotate freaking four times in the air (or more Yuzu??), you want to cut down every single possible bit of excess weight. This extends to equipment (skate weight) but also just their own body needs to be as streamlined as possible. 

I think we sometimes forget the amount of dedication it takes to be a truly world class athlete. Everything in their life revolves around the sport, Yuzu is not at all uncommon in that, and they sacrifice having a normal life - friends, outings, eating whatever they want etc for the sport

I'm not worried mostly because of everything he's said about having people who take care of his nutrition, eating rice before competition, and how he's so grateful to his mom for cooking for him what he needs. And because of how he seems a little neutral towards food (unless it's red pepper). Altogether, it gives the impression of somebody who has pretty much handed over the responsibility of feeding him and keeping him nourished to a team (of which his supermom is a big part) who has it all sorted out, especially during season. And he occasionally lets himself indulge with chips or soda or junk food, probably very rarely and not when he's looking to get into top form.

Then there's his experience at the shelter after the earthquake, when there was some food shortage and his family saved him an extra portion because he was growing and an athlete - things like that can really change perspective in ways to last a lifetime. Altogether, it doesn't give me the worrying feeling of somebody with an unhealthy relationship with food. It always sounds to me like he has an extremely utilitarian way of looking at food. And even his body. Keeping very close track of what shape his body is in is probably just part of his life. I hope that awareness extends to how he's actually feeling, too, now. I know it's completely irrational to fear the 4Lz because it was the fever and fatigue that caused the bad fall, but I can't help being terrified at the thought of him flying long distance and then jumping the 4Lz again. 

1 hour ago, OonsieHui said:

agreed, I'm only wondering why he weighed himself after eating lol