General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

:disdain:

I'm sure I'm taking this a little too seriously, but with talk about health and girls and Adam Rippon, is it healthy for an athlete to weigh themself after a meal, even just breakfast?

I know Yuzu cares about his weight and his food intake even if he says otherwise, he's too smart to think absolutely nothing of it, but I didn't know it was to this extent. In way I underestimated how figure skating affects Yuzu beyond all the stuff about music, costumes, his jumps and the usual stuff. 

No, this did give me pause too. But I'm not an athlete, don't know how common or normal this is for elite athletes, etc.

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

I'm sure I'm taking this a little too seriously, but with talk about health and girls and Adam Rippon, is it healthy for an athlete to weigh themself after a meal, even just breakfast?

I know Yuzu cares about his weight and his food intake even if he says otherwise, he's too smart to think absolutely nothing of it, but I didn't know it was to this extent. In way I underestimated how figure skating affects Yuzu beyond all the stuff about music, costumes, his jumps and the usual stuff. 

22 minutes ago, skateIT said:

No, this did give me pause too. But I'm not an athlete, don't know how common or normal this is for elite athletes, etc.

Well, as a former athlete (and thus I used to hang around a lot of them in various disciplines), I can reassure you that it is quite common for athletes to weigh themselves after breakfast. It's not an obsession necessarily - many do it as a habit. Most athletes don't think about weights the same way that supermodels do. Rather, it's just another biometric you should pay attention to. Weights (and body fat) flunctuate on a monthly cycle, so it's important to monitor long term to see if a particular training has been effective. Plus, you're optimizing for some muscle to fat ratio, so the single number on the scale won't tell you much.

Yuzu has very low body fat percentages (I remember reading in an interview that it's 4 to 6%) - but it's not unheard of. It's on-par with rowers and marathon runners. In other words, there are many athletes like him!

2 hours ago, Forcefield said:

So he was lying when Hersh asked him how much he weights and he said he has no idea? 

49 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Omg I love Final fantasy series too! Wish he skates to the soundtracks because they have great soundtracks lol

Well now I want him to skate to Dark Messenger. XD 

I wonder if he's played other games in the series, too. This is some really exciting information for me. :x

15 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Well now I want him to skate to Dark Messenger. XD 

I wonder if he's played other games in the series, too. This is some really exciting information for me. :x

Final Fantasy has great theatrical soundtracks and he can choose from over 15 titles. Anyway I do hope he brings another GAME song like The Final Time Traveler. 

I also wish Yuzu watched alot of movies to consider film soundtracks too

About Yuzu and his white lies.

With Alina Z confirming Phantom as her SP, and many others like Shoma going to Wilson for Choreo, and many others like Osmond going to TCC for Choreo much earlier,

I am speculating maybe Yuzu's "I don't know what music I am doing for next season" may also be one of his "white lies". I imagine he has been searching online for music after olympics and maybe at this point Jeff and Shae know what music he is considering at this point. 

When did he first showcase Chopin Ballade No.1 in 2014? Anyone know what month he revealed it? 

19 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Final Fantasy has great theatrical soundtracks and he can choose from over 15 titles.

Oh yes, I know. I'm (very obviously XD) a huge fan. I was just trying to think of an upbeat one from FFIX (Dark Messenger is Kuja's theme. It's pretty epic.), but I didn't want to elaborate too much about song choices here since I know there's a whole other place for that around here somewhere. :3

18 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Oh yes, I know. I'm (very obviously XD) a huge fan. I was just trying to think of an upbeat one from FFIX (Dark Messenger is Kuja's theme. It's pretty epic.), but I didn't want to elaborate too much about song choices here since I know there's a whole other place for that around here somewhere. :3

Imagine Yuzu skating to Melodies of Life from FF9.

We would all die. 

24 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

About Yuzu and his white lies.

With Alina Z confirming Phantom as her SP, and many others like Shoma going to Wilson for Choreo, and many others like Osmond going to TCC for Choreo much earlier,

I am speculating maybe Yuzu's "I don't know what music I am doing for next season" may also be one of his "white lies". I imagine he has been searching online for music after olympics and maybe at this point Jeff and Shae know what music he is considering at this point. 

When did he first showcase Chopin Ballade No.1 in 2014? Anyone know what month he revealed it? 

Oh I agree completely! I didn't believe him for a second when he said that. It's just not like him at all.

Reminds me of how after worlds 17 (or around then or whatever) when there was some quote about him looking for music for the 17-18 season, and then it comes out that he decided at GPF 15 to use Seimei for the 17-18 season. 

19 minutes ago, skateIT said:

Oh I agree completely! I didn't believe him for a second when he said that. It's just not like him at all.

Reminds me of how after worlds 17 (or around then or whatever) when there was some quote about him looking for music for the 17-18 season, and then it comes out that he decided at GPF 15 to use Seimei for the 17-18 season. 

That was the small medal ceremony with Shoma and Boyang, I think. :biggrin: Not only did he say he had no idea, he also asked the crowd to send him suggestions! For Olympic season!:rofl:

I bet he has 10 years worth of programs worked out. :biggrin: