General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, GraceAndPower said:

Oooh, do you guys remember what it was called? I'd be curious to check it out, and it might still be available at the Wayback Machine, some sites are preserved that way even after they officially disappear... For example, I was very sad when TWOP went under, but it turned out pretty much all of it had been preserved here. You'll even find 34 pages of Sochi chat here!

Nothing fancy, IIRC, just Yuzuru Hanyu International Forum! <3

19 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Nothing fancy, IIRC, just Yuzuru Hanyu International Forum! <3

I think we need the URL to find it on the Archive... Any chance anyone remembers it?

ETA: to everyone hoping Yuzu will keep competing for a long time, I present this post from the Sochi archive:

Wow, Brian Joubert. This is his fourth Olympics and he really brought it tonight!  So happy for him.

I don't think we'll see Yuzu go through four Olympic cycles (!), but this gives me hope for at least a third one! :snonegai:

11 hours ago, Toni said:

Have you guys seen this? The extended recording of Yuzu teaching that class full of kids. Wow!! Yuzuru Hanyu is the best effing babysitter in the history of history. Period.

Hanyu sensei!! Don't call yourself 'ossan'! You will never become  'ossan'... maybe 'ojisama'? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

39 minutes ago, GraceAndPower said:

Oooh, do you guys remember what it was called? I'd be curious to check it out, and it might still be available at the Wayback Machine, some sites are preserved that way even after they officially disappear... For example, I was very sad when TWOP went under, but it turned out pretty much all of it had been preserved here. You'll even find 34 pages of Sochi chat here!

Oooh, thank you for this! There are some absolute gems here like 

. I just wish he would get rid of the stupid Winnie the Pooh stuffy, I find it kind of over the top for a nineteen year old to need at the boards.

Not happening, folks. You’re going to get MORE Poohs in the future - and the Olympic Channel is going to develop an unhealthy fascination about them! 

16 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Ah, doesn't seem to work unfortunately, you can view the subforums, but the topics themselves don't seem to have been archived... Too bad, I'm sure I would have enjoyed that "Yuzu Random Fun Facts" thread! Ah well...

Happy First Birthday and a very heartfelt thanks to all.  When I first became aware of the Planet I lurked for a while but finally I joined up.  I want to thank the Planet for all the helpful information I've found here.  When I first came to awareness of Yuzu I was basically unaware of where figure skating has gone since those days in the '80s when I basically lost track of the sport.  As I said in a much earlier post I became aware of Yuzu quite by accident when I was searching for bicycle road racing competitions on YouTube and decided to take a look at this one vid, one of his 2017 WC long program.  Quite simply it blew me away.  I've been a ballet fan for over half a century and I couldn't help but feel here was a skater doing in skating terms what a world class premier danseur would be doing.  I became almost instantly a Yuzu addict.  Since then I've roamed all over the web seeking out things Yuzu and the greatest resource I found was this place here.  I've learned so much here, learned so much about Yuzu, learned so much about figure skating, learned so much about his fandom.  So to all of you on the Planet I want to say Happy Birthday and a very heartfelt arigatou gozaimasu.

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY! お誕生日おめでとう!

SmoothVelvetyDartfrog-max-1mb.gif

Thank you to all the Mods, Admins, Translators for making the Planet possible.

And thank you to all the satellites in general, for giving me a happy place to turn to when things get hard. I'm not the greatest with words but I want to express just how grateful I am that the Planet exists and that I get to be a tiny satellite around it. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Ah ,happy birthday. :biggrin: I haven't really been here too long, but I love it here. I'm super super super shy, I even lurked forever before making an account, then I lurked some more after I did, because I get so anxious about talking to people I don't know. But it's just so welcoming around here. Thanks everyone. I'll stop rambling now. :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

3 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Ah ,happy birthday. :biggrin: I haven't really been here too long, but I love it here. I'm super super super shy, I even lurked forever before making an account, then I lurked some more after I did, because I get so anxious about talking to people I don't know. But it's just so welcoming around here. Thanks everyone. I'll stop rambling now. :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

Oh ramble on, gentle delurker! 

7 minutes ago, Fay said:

Oh ramble on, gentle delurker! 

lol Now I feel awkward again.

Really, I think I joined in November, and I first posted sometime in February. I'll keep trying to talk more, though! I really love that I feel like I can here. :) I barely even know anyone else who cares about figure skating, much less people who would sit around rambling about Yuzuru with me. :3