General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, Rainna said:

That's weird - the last time they actually did broadcast FS all weekend on the Olympic Channel (I watched quite a bit of it then) and it seems it's also on this time, men's FS is just about to end (sorry for the late heads up, only just managed to catch up with the thread :facepalm:). 

The Peochang Figure Skating events are all on the Olympic channel. I rewatched parts of the ladies and men's SP's this afternoon 

6 hours ago, liv said:

very true. Like Kurt said during the Olympics... he blew his nose, the audience screamed. :)

I certainly know I wasn't watching anybody else (sorry fellas!! Yes, in that moment Yuzu sneezing was a bigger deal than your quad).  When you are there though, while it's completely illogical you feel like the louder you scream the better he'll do.  It was like we were really willing things to happen and screaming was the only way to do it.  

For Seimei, I was a little worried in the end because we were clapping pretty loudly and it was starting to sound like our clapping was getting off-beat and I didn't want that to mess him up.  Watching it on the TV it doesn't sound quite as off-beat.  

I think he'll do an ice show exclusive collab x peformance. Sort of like FaOI 2015 Believe and his collaboration with Che'nelle.

Or it could be my wishful thinking because I need a Yuzu x CHEMISTRY collab... :13877886:

ETA: Watch it be some meme like the Bubbly Dance :biggrin: I predict we'll see an off ice bubbly dance with Nobu.

On 4/25/2018 at 3:51 AM, SparkleSalad said:

I think the jacket is just too small so the waist is too high and it flares out too soon. :13877886: Mama Hanyu, where are you?

I am 50 pages behind in this thread so I am late to the conversation regarding the fit of his suit at the Emperor's Garden Party.

The jacket is definitely too short. Although it is subject to fads and personal preference, the "correct" length for suits is measured by holding the arms straight down with your fingers extended. Then you curl your fingers in and the bottom of the suit should fit within the curled fingers.

I have been wearing suits my whole life and even tailored suits come in "short", "medium" and "tall" lengths. It appears to me that he is wearing a "short" length jacket when he should be wearing "medium". Other than that, the fit of the lapel around his neck, the shoulders, chest and waist appear fine. A sure sign that the suit does not fit properly is when the lapel rides up at the back of the neck so that there is space between the jacket lapel and the shirt collar. This is particularly emphasized when the person is sitting because the jacket tends to ride up.

Regarding the length of his suit sleeves, in the picture with Akiko Wada, his sleeves appear to be the right length. In one of the photos, his right sleeve appears short while the left one appears to be the right length. In some of the other photos, they both appear short.

The suit sleeves may be a little short, but the other problem may be that the sleeves may not be pulled down to their full length in some of the pictures in which they appear short. In addition, the shirt sleeves are a bit too long which emphasizes the "shortness" of the suit sleeves.

Although to some extent it is a matter of personal preference, the "correct" amount of shirt sleeve to show below the suit sleeve is about half an inch. Some people like to show as much as an inch of shirt sleeve.

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

I think he'll do an ice show exclusive collab x peformance. Sort of like FaOI 2015 Believe and his collaboration with Che'nelle.

Or it could be my wishful thinking because I need a Yuzu x CHEMISTRY collab... :13877886:

ETA: Watch it be some meme like the Bubbly Dance :biggrin: I predict we'll see an off ice bubbly dance with Nobu.

I started panicking as soon as I saw that clip of Evgenia doing Bubbly Dance. Good thing that Bubbly Hanyu is the absolute cutest thing I've ever seen and made me change my wallpaper for the first time since August. :P

・About FS, he was thinking he could compete with Javier without 4Lo depending on the point gap. But he was really conscious of Nathan Chen because he knew the coach Rafael was very calculative in terms of the layout, and he thinks it might have been one of the reasons why he had stayed being vague about doing 4Lo or not, he didn't want Rafael to know his plan.

This was translated from Ice jewels. 

Is this the reason why Nathan keeps changing his jump layout that his printed plan?

I know yuzu always sticks to the planned jump layout submitted to the competition before he competes. Or am I wrong? I only became a diehard fanyu after olympics so please enlighten me. Does yuzu skate to the Protocol jump layout published before the competition or does he secretly change it to avoid situations mentioned above??? Does he change he jump layout after SP to bridge the competitio  gap or does he stick to the plan? I have to know this because from now on if Nathan or someone else beats him in SP I want to know if Hanyu will change his jump layout over night hahaha

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh6At1yALTs/

If Olympic Channel was a music festival

Yuzu is there from start to finish all the way

1 hour ago, cinemacoconut said:

I know yuzu always sticks to the planned jump layout submitted to the competition before he competes. Or am I wrong? I only became a diehard fanyu after olympics so please enlighten me. Does yuzu skate to the Protocol jump layout published before the competition or does he secretly change it to avoid situations mentioned above??? Does he change he jump layout after SP to bridge the competitio  gap or does he stick to the plan? I have to know this because from now on if Nathan or someone else beats him in SP I want to know if Hanyu will change his jump layout over night hahaha

Well even when he was 5th after the short in world's 2017 (a relative disaster for him) he didn't change any layout for FS. 

What he DOES do though is YOLO and change his programme there and then on the ice if an earlier element doesn't go as planned. 

Link: http://the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com/post/172648711844/more-yolo-jumps-yuzuru-hanyu-since-you-guys

While I think some of them are true YOLO moments, but also I think he and his team do sit down and have a plan for if certain elements don't work. Cause I remember when Javi had that mistake in Sochi they talked about "it hadn't been something they planned for" which tells me they do plan an alternative plan for some mistakes. 

See the thing with Yuzu is he isn't banking solely on BV. Everything in between his jumps is as important to him, and also contributes to the overall quality that gets him so much extra points. He times everything to the music to the second! I know it might seem like you can just switch out jumps however you want, but it's not so easy to do so if your programme is crammed full of complex transitions and entries and exits.  (Which makes his YOLOing even more :headdesk2:)

And I'm very sure that when he even plans a layout right at the start, he is calculating not just his own possibilities, but what he thinks his competitors can do. He steps into a competition knowing that if he skates perfectly, he will win. I suspect those aren't just words of confidence of skill, but based on actual calculations that if he skates his planned layout perfectly, others planned layout done to their highest ability would not beat his. :hachimaki:(cue everything is within my calculations face)

Just my thoughts :) and none of us live in Yuzu's head :)

P.s.: Oh wow... that turned long. I am so sorry....