General Yuzuru Chat

Finally caught up with the forum! Such a great suprise that Yuzuru skated at his ice show, even without the jumps it's wonderful to watch him revisit old programs and invite skaters who inspired him, just like he inspires us. Also I really thought he would be satisfied after winning the second gold medal at Pyeongchang, but now that he's planning to continue -it's so exciting!! :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

Want to share a sketch I did of Yuzu in celebration of all that has happened so far this year:

tumblr_p79tpfy3Mk1rda0d0o1_1280.jpg

I don't think I can go back to finish reading all the posts today as I'm still recovering from the weekend. I ended up watching the CWW live stream as well as the repeat on FujiTV and a bits from gdrive.

I feel I barely survived physically & emotionally...I refuse to believe April is off-season!

All day today, I was listening to Spotify Yuzu mix that someone had compiled. In my fuzzy head, Zig Yuzu was spinning around like whipped cream on a strawberry cake and Etude Yuzu was giving me an attitude  and RJ1 Yuzu tormented me in the way that only Romeo can do.

I don't know how to prepare for the Sendai parade on coming Sunday :13877886: 

2 minutes ago, Esopian said:

Finally caught up with the forum! Such a great suprise that Yuzuru skated at his ice show, even without the jumps it's wonderful to watch him revisit old programs and invite skaters who inspired him, just like he inspires us. Also I really thought he would be satisfied after winning the second gold medal at Pyeongchang, but now that he's planning to continue -it's so exciting!! :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

Want to share a sketch I did of Yuzu in celebration of all that has happened so far this year:

tumblr_p79tpfy3Mk1rda0d0o1_1280.jpg

what a lovely drawing, your line use is so dynamic and I like how you got how bright his eyes are : )

1 minute ago, kaerb said:

what a lovely drawing, your line use is so dynamic and I like how you got how bright his eyes are : )

Thank you!! I really tried to capture his content/peaceful/glad expression in this drawing, he really has beautiful eyes. <3

I have really little free time to be on this forum and write, took me a lot of time to catch up all the pages I had to read but I made it! I could be able to see CiONTU live on FujiTv too, even if it was at an ugly hour (and I had to ask for a free Sunday at work) but it was so worth it!
After that I literally had to watch again (and alone) all Yuzuru competitions from the beginning and my feels were all over the place :13877886: So sad I don't have a friend to share this fs obsession with... If I ask one of them to watch a video they always say "not figure skating again!" :10636614:
I was so emotional after CiONTU that I booked a room in a Hotel in Saitama for next year World Championships and I don't even know if I will be able to go and, most important, if I'll be able to buy tickets :1: (and I still hope ISU will assign Yuzu to IdF :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:)

I hope Yuzu will do some ice shows in summer or I don't know how I will survive this year off season :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: Maybe I have to detoxify myself from him :13877886:

15 minutes ago, Rora1608 said:

I have really little free time to be on this forum and write, took me a lot of time to catch up all the pages I had to read but I made it! I could be able to see CiONTU live on FujiTv too, even if it was at an ugly hour (and I had to ask for a free Sunday at work) but it was so worth it!
After that I literally had to watch again (and alone) all Yuzuru competitions from the beginning and my feels were all over the place :13877886: So sad I don't have a friend to share this fs obsession with... If I ask one of them to watch a video they always say "not figure skating again!" :10636614:
I was so emotional after CiONTU that I booked a room in a Hotel in Saitama for next year World Championships and I don't even know if I will be able to go and, most important, if I'll be able to buy tickets :1: (and I still hope ISU will assign Yuzu to IdF :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:)

I hope Yuzu will do some ice shows in summer or I don't know how I will survive this year off season :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: Maybe I have to detoxify myself from him :13877886:

I'm with you there, I have rinkmates but family wise, no one to watch FS with. So I usually also watch alone. Luckily for those like us, this is what the forum is for! To nerd out on Yuzu together.

Good luck with Saitama! If you go, have fun, and wave those banners like a madwoman!

I don't know how to set up a poll so perhaps someone skilled in such things could do it.  It's a simple question I have - How do you watch Yuzu online?  Do you have anyone with you or is it a solo affair?  Do you watch it in standard definition or high definition (if the vid is in HD)?  With me it's a solo endeavor despite my talking up Yuzu with those around me.  It is, however, a really grand experience since my monitor is a Vizio 43-inch ultra-high-definition (4K) TV that I watch from about 3 feet away.  I try to use that as part of my pitch to have other people see Yuzu.  Like everyone here I try to spread word about Yuzu wherever and whenever I can.  I am really waiting for the days when Yuzu's skates start appearing in 4K.  Then my pitch will have even more attractiveness. 

I think, however, that being solo can at times be advantageous since in watching CiONTU last night using the link that was placed here there were a number of times I found myself with tears in my eyes and I think there might have been more if I'd had a translation of what was being said.  I do know this - there are probably very few skaters out there who have the innate skills Yuzu apparently has to lead the program the way he did.  He's a natural master of ceremonies (as he is in so many other things).  It's probably due to the fact that he's been on so many talk and news shows over the years, probably many times more than any other Japanese skater or indeed skaters from anywhere.  All that experience stands him in good stead  since I'm sure he has a lot more coming up this weekend for the celebration in Sendai.  If I were those in charge of the rink Yuzu did his initial training on I'd be preparing for an onslaught of visitors this weekend since so many of his fans (particularly those coming from outside of Sendai) will want to see where Yuzu started.  At least for this coming weekend the rink will attain the status of a place of pilgrimage (it probably is already on a 24/7 basis).  I really do think that once Yuzu retires that rink will be renamed after him.