General Yuzuru Chat

I came out of lurking to post the interview in which he talks about some thoughts behind both LGC and H&L (as well as many other thoughts before the 2016-17 season):
https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/153073329397/part-2-of-ice-jewels-vol4-special-interview
Relevant quotes include:

Let's Go Crazy:
"I like this kind of songs. Although I had not listened to Prince before, this is the kind of song used for ice show opening or finale. I myself enjoy it, and I want to show it in a cool way, and I really like to be in unison with the music; it suits me."
Hope&Legacy:
"It has some Japanese melody line, things that are in nature, the wind, the trees, the water; I would like to express these things of nature. In this sense, it is also connected to last year’s exhibition 'Requiem of Heaven and Earth’; so for the free, I want to gather together all the things I have experienced until now, and level it up further."
"Inside me, I have clearly decided the theme but it is not conceptualised in words, it is not something concrete but something abstract, it can be taken in any way."

and it looks like someone else got the link to the post about gender presentation before I could!

3 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

That's it! Whether we find him convincing in his masculinity or not, or whether we find him wildly unrestrained or the opposite, it is his ability to generate polar opinions among those who appreciate him that is a huge part of what makes his skating so appealing, cos it really depends on the person and as such appeals differently depending on where they come from. You don't need to come from one kind of environment to enjoy his style. There's something in there for everybody, but only if you let yourself enjoy it.

Because in all our differing opinions, the one thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that he has gravitas. In spades.

And then he goes and sticks his head in a hole in the wall, giggling.

Sometimes I hate that competitive figure skating isn't a viable option in his thirties, because his performance ability is phenomenal. He is so complex and so good at finding just the right part of himself to channel and amplify for each performance. He'd be even more incredible in ten years.

Ah well, there will be ice shows, I suppose. :biggrin: 

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:I'll just have to start using sparkle quotes in all my posts.:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

You'd think spongebob would be enough. :facepalm: 

15 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I've felt like I'd get nosebleed from watching him on a big screen! I'm a wee bit jealous that you got to see him live. What an experience it must've been.

I suppose watching Yuzu live is similar in impact in some ways.

:5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1: It’s one of my best concert experiences and I’m so glad I got to see him. It was at an outdoor festival and I was standing like 100 m away and still his charisma hit me like brick. Also, corny but amazing was the purple confetti rain in Purple rain. :tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

:5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1:

umm just sliding in to say, I read JB as Justin Bieber and then I laughed at myself lol sorry Jeff :smiley-laughing021:

It was because all the talks got me thinking bout this in particular :

:1:

lets abandon rock and make him do pop like the popstar he is :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I'll excuse myself now lol (for real though, let him be rockstar not popstar :facepalm:)

Pardon my random reply but I just had to do it :peek:

I'll admit i've never been able to watch this performance from start to finish even once, as soon as Bieber's voice comes on the internal cringe makes me close the tab ;-;

17 minutes ago, lazuliblade said:

I came out of lurking to post the interview in which he talks about some thoughts behind both LGC and H&L (as well as many other thoughts before the 2016-17 season):
https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/153073329397/part-2-of-ice-jewels-vol4-special-interview
Relevant quotes include:

Let's Go Crazy:
"I like this kind of songs. Although I had not listened to Prince before, this is the kind of song used for ice show opening or finale. I myself enjoy it, and I want to show it in a cool way, and I really like to be in unison with the music; it suits me."
Hope&Legacy:
"It has some Japanese melody line, things that are in nature, the wind, the trees, the water; I would like to express these things of nature. In this sense, it is also connected to last year’s exhibition 'Requiem of Heaven and Earth’; so for the free, I want to gather together all the things I have experienced until now, and level it up further."
"Inside me, I have clearly decided the theme but it is not conceptualised in words, it is not something concrete but something abstract, it can be taken in any way."

and it looks like someone else got the link to the post about gender presentation before I could!

Ah, we have a new mushroom!

Welcome! If your skills include finding links and quotes like that, you will find yourself declared a planetary treasure sooner or later. :laughing: 

17 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

@valkyrie My woolly brain is mixing up you and @SparkleSalad because sparkle used to be Wakababy. :facepalm: I can tell between all the different Yuzus just fine, but apparently there's only room in my head for one Wakaba.

the obvious solution is for everyone else to change to wakababy too :peekapooh:

18 minutes ago, lazuliblade said:

Let's Go Crazy:

i also liked "about the costume: it's a bit of a risk" :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

1 minute ago, tafattsbarn said:

I'll admit i've never been able to watch this performance from start to finish even once, as soon as Bieber's voice comes on the internal cringe makes me close the tab ;-;

It’s a fantastic performance, so for once I just block Bieber out and enjoy seeing Yuzu. I wonder if he had GPF in Canada in view when he selected this as an ex. 

I should probably also say "hi" while I'm at it. I can't say I'll be around too much because I'm involved in various other groups and projects (as well as real life stuff), but I'll pop in to check on any news. And if you need links, I've been collecting a bunch of them into a doc recently because I'm always referring back to this-or-that and finally got fed up with scouring through videos and interviews. I've been around since December 2013 (between GPF and Japan Nationals iirc), and lived through the post-Sochi madness until present, so I'm used to dry spells and sudden downpours of news.

My favorite part about following forums is finding out all the weird stuff that becomes associated with Yuzuru. Like the eyebrow award he won one year, and the giant tuna that was given to him as a gift... Or the banana sculpture someone made of his face.