General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Erin said:

@kaerb You speak the truth. :goe:

Also, his thoughts about figure skating, technique and constructing a program where the jumps are part of the transitions. I'd hear him speak about this all day if I understood Japanese. 

1 hour ago, Erin said:

The first one implies judges either turn stupid or get angry because of getting hit by Poohs while the second one implies either "Yuzu-defense-squad" or "crazy fanyus", so, i'd pick the first one. :muahaha: 

Hmm...my theory: the poohs are actually good luck charms. A soft, plush fluff toy is actually a great way to help relieve stress, which admittedly judges all need after a long day of competitiong, listening to Warhorse XXX for the nth time. So whenver it's Yuzu's turn to get scores, the Poohs detect that some judges will automatically lowball him a bit, but also whether any judge who may score him well is starting to nod off to sleepy land. Hence when the poohs are tossed onto the ice by fans, unbeknownst to the fans, the poohs will automatically zoom in on which nice judges are not alert enough, and hence land on said judge to give a quick emergency hug. A bit of a plea of "wake up, please, we love you."

Okay. I'm off my rockers.

@kaerb: sometimes I wonder, if satellites here put our talents together, we can write a pretty good series of articles on skaters. There's quite a number of us who are decently knowledgeable about skating, and happen to like skaters other than just Hanyu.

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

Hmm...my theory: the poohs are actually good luck charms. A soft, plush fluff toy is actually a great way to help relieve stress, which admittedly judges all need after a long day of competitiong, listening to Warhorse XXX for the nth time. So whenver it's Yuzu's turn to get scores, the Poohs detect that some judges will automatically lowball him a bit, but also whether any judge who may score him well is starting to nod off to sleepy land. Hence when the poohs are tossed onto the ice by fans, unbeknownst to the fans, the poohs will automatically zoom in on which nice judges are not alert enough, and hence land on said judge to give a quick emergency hug. A bit of a plea of "wake up, please, we love you."

@kaerb: sometimes I wonder, if satellites here put our talents together, we can write a pretty good series of articles on skaters. There's quite a number of us who are decently knowledgeable about skating, and happen to like skaters other than just Hanyu.

You've convinced me. Pooh zooming in on judges is the closest to the truth. Good observation! I almost got fooled by innocent-looking Pooh. :dancingpooh: 

30 minutes ago, Xen said:

I remember one of the judges at the Oly got hit by a Pooh ... could it be the US judge 

:muahaha:

2 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I remember one of the judges at the Oly got hit by a Pooh ... could it be the US judge 

:muahaha:

But that photo was a male judge, was the US judge a female judge?

Maybe the guy who got hit was a judge who actually scored him well. And the pooh noticed and went in for a flying kiss.

11 minutes ago, Xen said:

But that photo was a male judge, was the US judge a female judge?

Maybe the guy who got hit was a judge who actually scored him well. And the pooh noticed and went in for a flying kiss.

That photo not from the oly though. I see an ad on the boards (oly rink didn’t have) and the board aren’t the cushiony pads like the Oly have. The judges seat and area are different, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Sammie said:

That photo not from the oly though. I see an ad on the boards (oly rink didn’t have) and the board aren’t the cushiony pads like the Oly have. The judges seat and area are different, etc. 

Ah okay, so maybe the poohs actually vary in their roles depending on what the tone is that day. They spot the judges who will lowball, when the rest of the judges are scoring okay; or kiss the judges who may score him well when the judges have a tendency to lowball.

Good grief, I have created a monster ! :muahaha:

a few pages back I was telling that my Mom now called me at random to talk about him and that she woke up in the middle of the night to watch him skate...

and now she is a fulled fledged fan ! 

She is talking animatedly to everybody about scoring problems and artistry and transitions, she can rant and rant about how Yuzuru is so above everybody else that it is ridiculous, she asked me for the link of every competition he was in and watching with different commentaries. Then she quotes her favorite to send them to me xD When she is bored or wake up randomly at 3 a.m, she is looking up competitions and videos about scoring or jumps technique.

Right now I was giving her a link of the whole Olympic men fs and she answered « thanks, you the abominable daughter who converted me to the incomparable Yuzu ».

I wouldn’t even be surprised if she started lurking here at some point :rofl:

she he also asked me when was his next competition, and I think she want to come with me, wherever it is, to see him 

11 minutes ago, Kagme said:

a few pages back I was telling that my Mom now called me at random to talk about him and that she woke up in the middle of the night to watch him skate...

and now she is a filled fledged fan ! 

She is talking animatedly to everybody about scoring problems and artistry and transitions, she can rant and rant about how Yuzuru is so above everybody else that it is ridiculous, she asked me for the link of every competition he was in and watching with different commentaries. Then she quotes her favorite to send them to me xD When she is bored or wake up randomly at 3 a.m, she is looking up competitions and videos about scoring or jumps technique.

Right now I was giving her a link of the whole Olympic men fs and she answered « thanks, you the abominable daughter who converted me to the incomparable Yuzu ».

she he also asked me when was his next competition, and I think she want to come with me, wherever it is, to see him 

Am actually so envious of you.

11 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:laughing:

:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: I'll just stick with the idea of pooh giving hugs to the nice judges

21 minutes ago, Kagme said:

and now she is a fulled fledged fan ! 

hey nice work, we could always have more satellites around! I haven't managed to convert anyone yet, sad me having to go crazy alone any time something new abt yuzu came up :10636614: again, thankfully we have this planet :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

I'd never seen this before. Towards the end (9min+) Yuzu says he's working on Sing Sing Sing? I've heard he wanted to do it but didn't realise he'd done more than think about it. Does anyome have any more information about it or know what kind of program it was intended to be? Was he perhaps hoping to do it in ice shows before his injury got too bad?

13 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'd never seen this before. Towards the end (9min+) Yuzu says he's working on Sing Sing Sing? I've heard he wanted to do it but didn't realise he'd done more than think about it. Does anyome have any more information about it or know what kind of program it was intended to be? Was he perhaps hoping to do it in ice shows before his injury got too bad?

He perform sing,sing,sing when he was still in Jr. Circuit