General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

Me today trying to explain to people around me why figure skating isn't just about the jumps. And even when there are jumps, it's not just about landing the jump. --> :tumblr_mdpjktkDxp1qdlkyg:

Them: . . . . .but he (the other skater) had more jumps / he didn't fall. And it still looks good /it all looks the same. I think you're just biased. 

Me:  :headdesk2: :4::yznotimpressed:

And I think you just read rules and watched FS for much longer than them, but what do I know I'm not the random know-it-all fan :2:

2 hours ago, Bilge said:

That is why he is THE greatest. He did win twice but it wasn't just luck, or others having a bad day. He was no.1 and he kept being no.1 all those time. 4 YEARS!! with such high competitivenes! Unbelieveable. It was like his own era 

Hey, hey, let's leave the erasure job for the US Media, shall we now :laughing: Let Javi have his two World Golds, he did rise to the ocassion when he was given a chance :biggrin:

Speaking of which, isn't it funny how we say 'rose tp the occassion' 'took chance he was being offered' about all the other skaters but with Yuzuru it's like 'He CAME, he SLAYED, He RIPPED what was his from judges' cold hands'? I mean, not that it isn't true or anything :biggrin:

Spoiler

Also re:antis, I'm eternally amused at that post screaming 'don't come to Sendai!! Boycott the parade!!' Like, dude, no problem, Sendai definitely won't miss you? It's not like any of those ten thousand people coming in 2014 were forced? If it will hurt you seeing Yuzuru happy and people being happy because of Yuzuru being happy, you can obviously stay at home and keep bathing in your bitterness, I most certainly am not going to try and steal that from you.

Also, lolz at the Sochi antis, I'm off to search for this talkshow where Patrick basically snorted once somebody suggested Yuzuru did that purposefully to him.

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

their friendship and their team really stood out among many sportmanships.  im just so happy that i get to see it because this relationship/situaton is truly one in a million. Yes TCC can apply their knowledge now but these two athletes are not one that can easily be replicated. :tumblr_m4tqlnjhYJ1qdlkyg:

17 hours ago, sillyhappy said:

This is kind of random but is there anywhere that I can just see a collection of yuzu's ill fitting suit problem? like i'm just weirdly amused by this fact and is this actually a problem with EVERY suit he's ever worn? 

I don't recall anyone doing a collection but that would be fun wouldn't it? I mean even Alex Shibutani picked up on Yuzu's suit problems :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

58 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

3 hours ago, Sammie said:

It's been a month and I'm still in awe at everything he was able to do and accomplish.

Shout out to:  :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

1. Brian's pokerface - "Never underestimate Mr Hanyu!" and "... "he's pain-free" (because he was on painkillers...... hahahahaha/sob/).

2. Javi - "Of course he's ready /eyeroll/"

3. Yuzuru's ankle which he calls his child

4. Tracy & Ghislain

18 hours ago, sillyhappy said:

This is kind of random but is there anywhere that I can just see a collection of yuzu's ill fitting suit problem? like i'm just weirdly amused by this fact and is this actually a problem with EVERY suit he's ever worn? 

Google image search "Yuzuru Hanyu suit". You will see that every suit he has ever worn (ANA, JSF, galas, commercials, etc) has been too big for him.

There is only 1 suit I know of that ever fit him (from a Xylitol White commercial) and I was so happy when I found it, I made a post on this forum. You can see it below. His next best fitting suit is probably the Team Japan one from Pyeongchang with the cropped sleeves because the rest of the jacket and his trousers looked like they fit decently. That tells you something about the other suits he has...

On 16/05/2017 at 11:59 PM, Fresca said:

It looks like ABBA gone bad. :sad-smiley-046:

But...I think I can forgive them as I have just discovered this joyous gift from them via Google images! Yuzu in a suit that fits!!!! :loveshower:

The jacket is cropped short like a waistcoat, the construction of the shoulders could be better and the sleeves are a tad too long (the sleeve should end where the wrist ends and the thumb begins) but this is really nitpicking especially compared to the others he has in his closet. Someone please Photoshop this to a black suit!!

tumblr_oaldpoTE9Q1vwrq2io1_500.jpg

On 12/3/2018 at 16:57, KatjaThera said:

Pino had uploaded it, in censored version (with the actual NHK fall removed; personally, I find that annoying and want to find a normal version, since I stupidly didn't save it from FujiTV, but I think a lot of people here will prefer it like that; the first NHK documentary was also uploaded like that, censored). I don't have the link right here, but it should be easy to find by checking their twitter, I think.

I downloaded both documentaries from FujiTV

07/02/2018 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P4KFP8Hb4Qcv5C61IA5Kre9aSGnEqZV4

26/02/2018 https://drive.google.com/open?id=116quLaOXHZMp3s9ievG_3wJPkC_aZ_Nd (it is the whole program, Yuzu part is in the first 32 min)

Been trying to catch up to this massive thread. 3045!!!. Congrats all on the 3k milestone.

@Floria Thanks for the upload dear. And thanks to @kaeryth for the vids and @cinemacoconut for her channel. 

Also thanks to everyone else who I missed for uploading things on Yuzu. I apologize for not being able to

shout out names. There's so many of you. All of you are incredible and such gems to this planet. Now I need to binge watch Yuzu and catch up. 

3 hours ago, MrPudding said:

their friendship and their team really stood out among many sportmanships.  im just so happy that i get to see it because this relationship/situaton is truly one in a million. Yes TCC can apply their knowledge now but these two athletes are not one that can easily be replicated. :tumblr_m4tqlnjhYJ1qdlkyg:

There's that mentality Hongboa Zao was talking about. For Yuzuru it's all about winning and he wasn't walking away with anything less than that.