General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, raebia said:

I take anything, as long as it does NOT involve flared trousers:laughing:.

Or perhaps...he can even transform these hated things into art...hope?

I for one would love to see flared trousers and garrish shirts and a 70s program. I'm for it. Not sure it would do as a competitive program but an EX would be great!

26 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Pino had uploaded it, in censored version (with the actual NHK fall removed; personally, I find that annoying and want to find a normal version, since I stupidly didn't save it from FujiTV, but I think a lot of people here will prefer it like that; the first NHK documentary was also uploaded like that, censored). I don't have the link right here, but it should be easy to find by checking their twitter, I think.

I mean I don't like seeing the fall over and over but I also don't like not having the "full" thing so I'm torn :war:
speaking of saving things from fujitv, can anyone tell me how to do it? I never found the option

39 minutes ago, xeyra said:

In before POTO 2.0.

Sorry I put that out into the universe. I must cleanse myself now.

...Over the summer, I mentioned Zigeunerweisen (aka strawberry 2.0) as the Olys LP. Thankfully I was wrong.

35 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Oh, come on. I don't care if he skates to Selena Gomez to go with the Justin Bieber ex. But... Well, you know how history goes in cycles and old things come back and become new? It might happen. Like flared pants, they came back. 

No Bieber please. Hip rolls to "Hello I love you" could work (thought it may result in mass fainting), but not Bieber. No no no. 

But now you gave me an image of him trying Gangnam style in sunglasses as an ex stuck in my head. How...?!

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I for one would love to see flared trousers and garrish shirts and a 70s program. I'm for it. Not sure it would do as a competitive program but an EX would be great!

...I hate flared trousers, simply hate them— but as a testimony to my admiration for all things Yuzu: ok. Might even look great on him.:9:

32 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

:offtopic: but if I ever meet the d******* responsible for that revival... so help me! I can't find my precious bootcuts anywhere! :tumblr_m9ranru0Dx1qdlkyg:

Thrift shops are the place to go for out of style but comfortable clothes. Cheap, too. :biggrin: 

31 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

Can it at least be a Taylor Swift Shake It Off EX? :rofl: that I would actually find completely hilarious

I've come to the conclusion that he can make me like anything. He could do a Taylor Swift SP and a Katy Perry free and create long-lasting twitter peace.

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

...Over the summer, I mentioned Zigeunerweisen (aka strawberry 2.0) as the Olys LP. Thankfully I was wrong.

No Bieber please. Hip rolls to "Hello I love you" could work (thought it may result in mass fainting), but not Bieber. No no no. 

We do need to survive multiple performances, so... Hmm, maybe he could embrace the hip rolls and do Ricky Martin. Or Enrique. Aaand now I should get my coat and go to music talk, where I will annoy people who have serious thoughts about music with my jibber-jabber of 'ooooh how about the Backstreet Boys, then, how about it!'

I'm all for Yuzu doing a fun EX again, but if he wants to do serious I'm all in for a fan dance to a Japanese song. His playfulness with it during Olys gala made me really want it. Would prefer it as a competitive program but don't think they allow objects like folding fans as part of the program.

I'm not sure if it's been shared here (I don't remember reading this yet!) but english translation of this video:

can be found at the YHIFG FB:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1610393525875114/permalink/2042848245962971/

It's good! He talks about his protocols! And about his fears and hopes for the Olympics. And more.

Edit: I have seen snippets of translations of this but not the whole thing yet. 

23 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I mean I don't like seeing the fall over and over but I also don't like not having the "full" thing so I'm torn :war:
speaking of saving things from fujitv, can anyone tell me how to do it? I never found the option

you have to click the program you want to save, play it and right click the player--->download. Sometimes it takes a bit to make it work.

14 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Thrift shops are the place to go for out of style but comfortable clothes. Cheap, too. :biggrin: 

I've come to the conclusion that he can make me like anything. He could do a Taylor Swift SP and a Katy Perry free and create long-lasting twitter peace.

We do need to survive multiple performances, so... Hmm, maybe he could embrace the hip rolls and do Ricky Martin. Or Enrique. Aaand now I should get my coat and go to music talk, where I will annoy people who have serious thoughts about music with my jibber-jabber of 'ooooh how about the Backstreet Boys, then, how about it!'

Hahaha when i think of latin artists i think of one that doesn't seem to be as well known as those two  but i had the chance of watch live and damn he can dance, his music is very energetic too:rofl:

I've had a couple of responses to my contention that Yuzu would want something spectacular to set the pace for next season, thinking it might be a command of all six quads.  The responses basically said that Yuzu's holding of two Olympic golds, two World Championships and sundry others were enough to make the case for him.  My own reasoning was based on the fact that he wanted PC to be a 'landslide', he wanted to bury his opponents in much the same way he had done so in NHK and GPF 2015, and indeed I think his choice of Seimei and Chopin, his two most successful programs, was for him a means to precipitate such a desired landslide.  It didn't happen that way and while Yuzu's public statements afterward said he was satisfied with the result (who wouldn't be, after all, he won it, didn't he?) I think inside he wasn't satisfied.  I remember statements he made on more than one occasion some time ago where he talked of being the 'absolute champion'. 

I think of those and I am personally convinced that Yuzu is consciously pursuing becoming the GOAT (though not telling anyone about it).  With that in mind, and this season almost history, I am thinking that Yuzu likely feels he has to do something from the very beginning of the upcoming season to establish himself as King of the Mountain once again, since he has been essentially a monarch in absentia this season.  A command of all six quads would certainly make the statement, but I admit there are probably other things he could do to achieve the same effect, double quad combinations being my second choice.  However he does it, I am really convinced that Yuzu psychologically needs something, in his eyes at least, to regain the momentum he essentially lost this season.  He won the Olympics, but he wasn't even in the GPF this year, so his fifth straight GPF was out of reach and he didn't do Worlds this year because of the persistent problems with his ankle.  Thus my reasoning is not based on how the world views his achievements but on his own personal (and very private) assessment, an opinion I based on public statements he made both in regards to being 'absolute champion' in the past and wanting to win with a landslide in PC.  He had only a half-landslide there, that in the SP, but the FS was flawed, much as it had been in Sochi after a perfect SP and a flawed FS.

Nobody doubts that Yuzu is a perfectionist, a perfectionist who thrives on reaching higher goals than others make for themselves and doing so as perfectly as possible.  Johnny Weir said it perfectly one time when commenting that 'he skates against himself - what's harder than that?'  In a certain sense Yuzu is a tenth judge assessing every skate he does, the one judge who stays with him from competition to competition and it is that judge he wants most to satisfy.  Yuzu got the gold in PC but he didn't get the skate he wanted there nor did he get the season he wanted there.  The season he wants is what he had the last season he skated on the Junior level, when, in the words of one commentator, I'm not sure who, 'he won everything in sight'.  He hasn't had a season like that since.  I really think that that is what he needs to validate to himself that he is the 'absolute champion', and taking into account Yuzu's penchant for strategizing I think he feels he has to do something spectacular from day one in his first competition this upcoming season to intimidate his opposition and having them playing catch-up the entire season.  There are those who say that Yuzu doesn't have to prove himself to the world, based on his record.  He doesn't have to prove anything to the world, I'll admit, but that tenth judge demands a higher standard of proof.