General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

an American comedian name Leslie Jones were doing live tweet on the olympics  and said how Yuzuru's top was clearly a girl top and why the hell he wore it etc.... (and one day prior she was like 'I LOOOVE ADAM...' the double standard here is just disgusting in my opinion but well....

That's weird, I thought comedians were supposed to be funny. 

She sounds angry.

And, uh, "you take that top off now!" ?

Theory 1: she wants that girl top for herself.

Theory 2: poor woman is just sad because even if she got it, that pretty girl top wouldn't fit her and that's why she's lashing out.

(or Theory 3: she actually just wants him to skate half-naked and isn't very subtle about it. Doesn't sound like the subtle type anyway.)

Either way, lady needs some chill pills

39 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

an American comedian name Leslie Jones were doing live tweet on the olympics  and said how Yuzuru's top was clearly a girl top and why the hell he wore it etc.... (and one day prior she was like 'I LOOOVE ADAM...' the double standard here is just disgusting in my opinion but well....

Angry this tweet is still there and some people even agreed or thought it was funny. Bet if Hanyu was American this would have blown up.

I wasnt very happy about Leslie’s comments either but Yuzu won despite everything and that’s all that matters, their skater lost and they can have their whiney bitchy moment for all I care. I know it’s infuriating coming across this bullshit and we are justifiably very protective of Yuzu across online platforms, but we got everything we wanted from this olympics, and I don’t think we should descend to their levels, we shouldn’t body shame Leslie Jones, especially not on a forum that is named after Yuzu. 

46 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

That's weird, I thought comedians were supposed to be funny. 

She sounds angry.

Saddest part is, she used to say that she was bullied in childhood because she looked manly. And then you turn around and spew this kind of crap, is so ugly. These are moments that I'm glad that Yuzu don't know English THAT well, doesn't do social media and dont care about in any Western pop culture. 

5 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

OT, but as it is March 11th in Japan already, I'd like to remind everyone of this: https://fukko.yahoo.co.jp/search/

On Yahoo Japan, search for "3.11" and Yahoo Japan and its partners will donate 10yen to disaster reconstruction in Tohoku. It's a small thing we can do as Yuzu fans, so please spread the word, too! :snpeace:

Wish those driving up the auction price would switch their attention to this.

14 minutes ago, Yolo3a said:

Saddest part is, she used to say that she was bullied in childhood because she looked manly. And then you turn around and spew this kind of crap, is so ugly. These are moments that I'm glad that Yuzu don't know English THAT well, doesn't do social media and dont care about in any Western pop culture. 

I have zero idea who this woman even is, but if someone feels the need to yell at a TV like that because some guy is wearing a "girl top", then I'd say that definitely sounds like some unresolved anger issues. Whatever, moving on.

58 минут назад, MrPudding сказал:

:headdesk2::english2::9:

Someone already translated it fully from Ru to English I saw it somewhere in this thread.

But here my full translation from Ru to Eng that I did for Yuzu's International group in facebook:

Honestly speaking I don't really like Evgeniy Plushenko, I was Alexei Yagudin's girl. Also, Evgeniy unfortunately had and has a huge crown on his head, yes, well-deserved, he was an exceptional athlete and talent, but sometimes it's really annoying (It was annoying for me in the parts of this article too). I said it like fellow Russian so... 
But in this article, he showered Yuzu with praises, so I can't help it and translated it from Russian to English. Also, Yuzu is a hard fan of Evgeniy so... 
It was really hard bcs he spoke really informal and used many Russian common slang that quite hard to translate to English, so I tried to find and use similar English slang. If you will have some corrections I'm happy to use them. Evgeniy has a personal column in the online edition of Russian Sports Express. The link to the full article in the end. I translated only parts when he speaks abt Yuzu. He wrote it on 18th of February, 2018. In () - my explanations.

YOU NEED TO BE KILLER ON THE ICE.
I already said it three years ago in an interview, that more than anyone in current men's single figure skating I like Yuzuru Hanyu. He is the man, who can do everything on the ice.
And nothing changes after that time. Only now to his title of Olympic Champion adds one thing – Two-times (Olympic champion)!
He was favorite in Pyeongchang from the beginning. There was only one question – Did his ankle manage to heal? From the moment he returned to the ice, his practices in Canada were under absolute secrecy. They didn't allow anybody to skating ring, hide Yuzuru from watching eyes. No one knew anything about his current condition. But Olympics shows – skater had a full recovery. He demonstrated terrific skating and deservedly won. 
Aside from that Hanyu is unbelievably talented, He is also a true fighter. Although he wasn't like that from the beginning. Before if he fails to perform some elements he gave up. Even in competitions rarely was like that. After fall he didn't get up right there but sat on the ice for 1-2 seconds. Now it's not like that at all. Well done, he made the conclusions.
We met when Yuzuru was 10 years old. I'm, for a long time, always spent every summer in Japan, skating in the shows. He went to our performances, training sessions. Remember how He asked: «I'm learning Quadro-lutz. Can you see it, please». I advised him something (for his lutz)…
Sportsmen, who achieve big success, often became arrogant. But Yuzuru doesn't have a crown on his head. He is a wonderful guy. Modest, open. From simple family, absolutely not spoiled. I was speaking with his parents – very nice people. Also modest like their son.
He is working his ass off. He is so concentrated on figure skating that from year to year all his days go by one route: practice – home. A step to the side not included at all. Fanat! Unfortunately, our guys don't have that obsession, they slack off. And disciplined Yuzuru doesn't allow himself nothing redundant. Strictly goes by his daily routines, watching what he eats. He is 23 and never tries alcohol, can you imagine that?! Kefir, weights – and go on (Kefir is a fermented milk drink-it's good for health and REALLY popular in Russia, but I don't think it's popular in Japan. I think he wanted to say, that Yuzuru lives really healthy life). 
I saw how he works hard even in practice, even in time of Gala exhibition. By the way, Japanese, including Hanyu and Americans always do Quadros there. They don't do triples, they already know how to do it, but learning new, Quadros in the show! And for them its a common thing for a long time. It's so good that Hanyu shatters the stereotypes. Usually, when figure skaters win the Olympics – they finish their career. Run to make money in different kinds of shows. And he after Sochi stays. Skates for 4 years at the highest level, and again take gold in Pyeongchang. And now, as far as I know, he doesn’t want to resign. Gorgeous!
I believe that Yuzuru can win next Olympics in Beijing. I'm sure he has enough motivation and energy. Became a triple (Olympic champion) – isn't an incentive? It's so cool! I'm myself went through 4 Olympics. Oh, I wanted to tear all them apart! Win again and again! Hanyu also is that kind of guy. He has some serious backbone.
And the most important – He is only 23 years old. For male figure skater – it's his prime. He has a colossal reserve, he has 5 Quadros in his sleeve. I was amazed when on show in Japan almost in full darkness he calmly goes for Quadro Rittberger (loop). Without any flaw! Quadro T and S for Yuzuru is easy-peasy. I saw myself he tried unique cascade 4+4 – it was double T. He is also learning 4.5 jumps.
And pay attention to the quality of his jumps. He is slender, spinning goes out thin, no trembling. And spinnings? With good speed, with difficult positions, no displacement at all. Step sequences light, interesting. Many figure skaters at the end of their program just skate (He means that usually, skaters don't have enough strength to keep the speed until the end of their program). And Yuzuru ends it with the same speed that the beginning. And sometimes he adds (speed)! He just flying on the ice!

Then he talks abt how Japanese learned from Russians and how they invest in figure skating.

Link to Plu blog post in Russian.

1 minute ago, axelnojutsu said:

I've noticed with the auction that sometimes the number of bids will rise while the current price that's displayed stays the same, what's that about?

Maybe they update the price later after verification?