General Yuzuru Chat

My mind has been blown. Someone wrote that Yuzu has ugly spread eagles.

:LOL: :3:

I take issue with this even more than that one person who claimed Shoma Uno could do Chopin better than Yuzu (because subjective, suuuure.)

I need to go and cleanse myself with gifs and videos of Yuzu's glorious SE.

6 hours ago, Xen said:

Know what, I won't worry anymore, and wait for the crazy boy to make his move. My hair is resigned to shedding no matter what he decides. 

For people with baby brothers...is this feeling normal? This feeling of wanting to protect them at all costs and then wanting to strangle them for making you worry like heck? I'm an only child, so I don't know. :slinkaway:

8 years between me and my own baby brother (who, ironically, is very similar to yuzu in terms of personality and physicality -- he also has a giraffe neck and they're about the same height -- but alas not with the same laser focus and opinionated goal-setting tendencies): yes, though strangulation and worry is generally predominant and the protective feeling may arise more often in a more gentle older sister - I'm much kinder towards yuzu than my own brother, I should probably take a leaf out of Sayu Hanyu's book and be a better older sister : P

Anyway, I don't doubt Yuzu wants to compete at Worlds if he's able to - no doubt he's kuyashii about missing the GPF and just barely managed to claim back his World title last year; I don't see him withdrawing for any reason other than his health (esp since he worked so hard to get himself back into competition condition for Olys so I potentially see him not wanting to 'waste' that) but tbh I would be very surprised if the doctor allowed him given how uncertain the injury seems to be. I'll just trust that his doctor and team will make the decision best for his long term health -- and we'll know soon enough anyway.  

i'm scrolling through tumblr and oh gosh... what is with all these newbie Yuzu fans who just found him from Olys who are not speculating and asking around about his crushes and love life?? :facepalm: :smiley-laughing021:

a part of me is like..., awwww thats adorable you're all so screwed you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into.

and the other part of me is like ..... why on earth in the face of all that talent and drive and heartbreaking determination is your first question about his love life?? :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

2 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

i'm scrolling through tumblr and oh gosh... what is with all these newbie Yuzu fans who just found him from Olys who are not speculating and asking around about his crushes and love life?? :facepalm: :smiley-laughing021:

a part of me is like..., awwww thats adorable you're all so screwed you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into.

and the other part of me is like ..... why on earth in the face of all that talent and drive and heartbreaking determination is your first question about his love life?? :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

Spoiler

Because at a certain age, for most people, that is very very very important.

14 minutes ago, kaerb said:

but tbh I would be very surprised if the doctor allowed him given how uncertain the injury seems to be. I'll just trust that his doctor and team will make the decision best for his long term health 

Thing is though that I'm not sure he actually needs a doctor's "permission" to compete. (just jumping at the chance to say this because I've seen quite a lot of posts by now saying he wouldn't be "allowed" to compete). Doctors can strongly advise against it, but can they really prohibit it in a case like this? I remember when he withdrew from Finlandia for medical reasons, in some later interview Brian said that the doctor advised him against competing, the team advised him against competing, and still they needed to pretty much tie him to a chair to actually keep him from competing because he still wanted to go. So I guess ultimately it's still his decision to make. (I guess technically JSF could stop him by taking him off the list, but that's not very likely to happen)

20 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

wait has this been shared yet?? Someone compiled Yuzu's adorable Oly moments!! 

I don't think it's been shared yet. 

I've seen this video so many times it's probably not healthy.

And for anyone who might want to know, because it drove me absolutely crazy trying to figure it out, the name of the song in the background is "Renai Circulation", the fourth opening song from Bakemonogatari. 

One crazy thing Im worried about.

Yuzu if he goes to Sendai to heal until next season he will be with his family which is good.

But arent his close friends like Oda and Tanaka Keiji not in Sendai, hence he cant see them often unless he rides all the way to Kyoto and Tokyo? Sure he can ride trains (avoid paparazzis) and go, but not too often. Moreover im sure the rinks in Sendai are full so he cnt practice freely during rehab. 

I dont know part of me wnts him to heal in Sendai where the air is better than Tokyo, but jst little things like that worry me haha. He has high school friends there but he seems more closer to his skating friends who r training either in Tokyo or Kyoto. 

Personally, I hope he goes to Toronto for a bit of that recovery time, maybe towards the end when he might begin training again... just for ability to get out and about without it being a big deal..... ( the air is better there too)... and I always feel better when I know he's in Toronto because it's closer to me, lol.

15 minutes ago, liv said:

Personally, I hope he goes to Toronto for a bit of that recovery time, maybe towards the end when he might begin training again... just for ability to get out and about without it being a big deal..... ( the air is better there too)... and I always feel better when I know he's in Toronto because it's closer to me, lol.

Joining in that opinion. I think if the injury is not that bad he may still go back to TCC over the summer, better for privacy and a off ice training. I do not think staying long term in sendai is an option for him. Maybe with occassional flights back to jp for check ups.