General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

take part in an ice show every so often for the sake of performing for an audience. 

I'd say, health permitting it, he'd be doing ice shows all the time. The whole world would throw money at him. And he loves to perform. 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Ligament injuries take forever to heal, guys...

I guess we'd better find something that occupies our minds 24/7 that ISN'T him for the next... seven months... 

Welcome to my world after Boston 2016. And we didn’t have the joy of him winning his second Olympics back then. 

Let’s hope we get to see him for FaOI or something like that. But if he’s not yet healed then, well, we’ll discuss everyone else. 

I've been thinking about how today's top skaters could tranform the sport as coaches in the future. But not so much from a skating point of view but from an "actual millenial person experiencing today's problems as an athlete and human" one (for a lack of shorter better way to say it). By that I mean all these skaters whose careers have been impeded by physical injuries and even more so - problems related to mental health. They have all grown up in a skating world that is so heavily influenced by old-timely beliefs and coaching methods that simply aren't adequate today. I think that they, as the ones that have endured the damage, will be able to set new rules and make the sport a better place for the generations to come.

Yuzuru specifically, he's shown to be devoted to his studies not only due to his love of learning but has also done so with a greater purpose - to implement it in (his) skating. Having a broader understanding of how being human works in every aspect possible will only benefit the singular experiences. If you recognize how complex we are and work with this knowledge, better and certainly more enjoyable outcomes will follow than if you treat these kids as machines that have to follow a strict regimen and when they fail to do so - be considered disposable.

So if Yuzu decides to go into any type of coaching (incl. choreography and whatever other roles you can think of in a skater's team), I think he will bring something new and long-awaited to the field. 

Also I guess I'm trying to motivate myself as being a part of such a generation that will change/save the world... :slinkaway:

13 minutes ago, Floria said:

I have just caught up only to find out  that we are back to discussing his future after r***t and doubting if anyone will remember him in 10 (?) years? :confused: :slinkaway:

I just came and saw talks about that now i'm sad

hace 9 minutos , Murieleirum said:

I guess we'd better find something that occupies our minds 24/7 that ISN'T him for the next... seven months... 

I still have to catch up  on CoR fancams...

There are plenty of things  to occupy your mind. Fanart, video editing or learning Japanese :biggrin:. I started taking  skating lessons after Boston and it worked well :).

15 minutes ago, Floria said:

I have just caught up only to find out  that we are back to discussing his future after r***t and doubting if anyone will remember him in 10 (?) years? :confused: :slinkaway:

Drama is never missing here :peekapooh:

26 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I'd say, health permitting it, he'd be doing ice shows all the time. The whole world would throw money at him. And he loves to perform. 

Wait... You mean I have to start doing this boring thing called real life for the next 7 months :drama:

Joking aside, I don't think he will disappear completely. He is the newly crowned Olympic champion (for the second time) and will have to do some media stuff here and there because of it, so I think we will be fine 

10 minutes ago, Floria said:

Fanart, video editing or learning Japanese :biggrin:.

nope, check, check. Actually getting a social life is also in my top ten things to do list. (not that I don't like studying Kanji's locked in my house while wearing penguin pajamas, but... like... I feel like something is missing) 

Oh yeah I do have all the Olys commentaries to check still. I don't think I've heard them all. I could also translate something my Max and Angelo that hasn't been translated yet... (Their FS commentary, for example, although I have to say that one wasn't too excited up until Shoma's fall on the loop, because Angelo and Max were worried about all those points that Yuzuru had lost with that REP on the Toeloop...)

8 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

nope, check, check. Actually getting a social life is also in my top ten things to do list. (not that I don't like studying Kanji's locked in my house while wearing penguin pajamas, but... like... I feel like something is missing) 

Oh yeah I do have all the Olys commentaries to check still. I don't think I've heard them all. I could also translate something my Max and Angelo that hasn't been translated yet... (Their FS commentary, for example, although I have to say that one wasn't too excited up until Shoma's fall on the loop, because Angelo and Max were worried about all those points that Yuzuru had lost with that REP on the Toeloop...)

They and everyone else. :rofl: