General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

If they make a movie out of him... That means we're gonna see someone play The Yuzuru Hanyu??? That's.... :8:

I'll just stick with the Documentaries thank you. Like SOA. and probably every footage made of him.

I second that, can't really see anybody play him in a fictional adaptation.... good documentaries however, yes please! :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

And other than Yuzu's, there are so many incredible stories of figure skaters who deserve movies more than the current Oscar nominated one....

Some Japanese fans found this translated text interesting.  It seems to be taken from a comment in English posted at reddit, 4chan, or somewhere.

I would be pleased if someone could tell me the original English.  :thanks:

ネイサン・チェンはオリンピックの魔物に捕まった

ミハイル・コリヤダはオリンピックの魔物に屈した
ハビエル・フェルナンデスはオリンピックの魔物に魅了された
宇野昌磨はオリンピックの魔物に気付いてない
羽生結弦がオリンピックの魔物だった 

I did the reverse translation of this myself.

Nathan Chen was caught by the Olympic Demon.

Mikhail Kolyada gave in to the Olympic Demon.

Javier Fernández was captivated by the Olympic Demon.

Shoma Uno has not noticed the Olympic Demon.

Yuzuru Hanyu was the Olympic Demon.

EDIT:

Thanks to @Fresca, the original post was found in 4chan :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

See the following.

It seems Javi's part was translated wrongly into Japanese (it should be 魅了した instead of 魅了された), and Boyan's part was omitted.

Nathan was caught by the Olympic demon.
Kolyada succumbed to the Olympic demon.
Boyan slayed the Olympic demon.
Javier charmed the Olympic demon.
Shoma didn't notice the Olympic demon.
YUZURU WAS THE OLYMPIC DEMON.

1 hour ago, VyVy99 said:

If they make a movie out of him... That means we're gonna see someone play The Yuzuru Hanyu??? That's.... :8:

I'll just stick with the Documentaries thank you. Like SOA. and probably every footage made of him.

More importantly, who could convincingly portray Pooh? Or Strawberry Shortcake? 

But come ooon, I love movies.. I think it could be cute. It's a bit too soon of course, but can you imagine reliving all the murderface moments on the big screen. I've seen movies about real life people who I knew and they're not always so bad. 

3 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Nathen Chen was caught by the Olympic Demon.

I think this is pretty cool. 

Although, I think if it were Yuzuru, he wouldn't say he was the Olympic Demon - he was fighting the Olympic Demon as well, which was probably bigger for him than for anyone else. And he won over it, he beat it! Pretty gloriously too! 

Edit: sorry for the doublepost xD

In regards to that I'd also say that Hanyu fighting the Olympic Demon would make more sense. 

I would kind of like to see a movie made about Hanyu's skating career, but not until quite awhile in the future, as kind of a way to keep what he's contributed to the sport in memory. I'd like to be optimistic but in 10, 20, 30 years from now are people going to remember him? I have no idea who would play him but if something like it doesn't happen for a couple decades there's enough time for a new actor to pop up who would be able to play the role. 

More well-made documentaries are always welcomed though! I absolutely loved the one that aired earlier this year. 

42 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Some Japanese fans found this translated text interesting.  It seems to be taken from a comment in English posted at reddit, 4chan, or somewhere.

I would be pleased if someone could tell me the original English.  :thanks:

ネイサン・チェンはオリンピックの魔物に捕まった

ミハイル・コリヤダはオリンピックの魔物に屈した
ハビエル・フェルナンデスはオリンピックの魔物に魅了された
宇野昌磨はオリンピックの魔物に気付いてない
羽生結弦がオリンピックの魔物だった 

I did the reverse translation of this myself.

Nathen Chen was caught by the Olympic Demon.

:darklordyuzu:                  :drinkcoffee:

37 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

In regards to that I'd also say that Hanyu fighting the Olympic Demon would make more sense. 

I would kind of like to see a movie made about Hanyu's skating career, but not until quite awhile in the future, as kind of a way to keep what he's contributed to the sport in memory. I'd like to be optimistic but in 10, 20, 30 years from now are people going to remember him? I have no idea who would play him but if something like it doesn't happen for a couple decades there's enough time for a new actor to pop up who would be able to play the role. 

More well-made documentaries are always welcomed though! I absolutely loved the one that aired earlier this year. 

Blasphemy! :snbleh:

Lol jokes aside, I think they (we) will remember him. I saw comments on twitter that were saying Yuzuru isn't the GOAT, but Dick Button still is? I mean c'mon,  we all have favourites and there were many greats among the years but what Yuzu has achieved IN THIS LEVEL of the sport.... that's gonna be hard to beat and whatever happens in the future, nobody can take that away from him. So safe to say he will be remembered and loved. And several centuries from now, he will be almost mythical (like Seimei) :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

6 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Bragging about your superior will power is so unbecoming. 

I'm totally not jealous. :3:But you know, just for science, how do you do it...

I still have interviews, fancams of olys, and news footage released within this week that I haven't watched :peek:if I did well in a day I can watch 1 footage before I sleep, if I don't do well that day I don't deserve to watch any yuzu footage for the day, and so I work hard successfully  :LOL:

2 hours ago, MrPudding said:

I bought it yesterday as a present for getting through next week :smiley-love017: not gonna regret it one bit if it is 98 pages full of yuzu!

1 hour ago, draka said:

I second that, can't really see anybody play him in a fictional adaptation.... good documentaries however, yes please! :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

And other than Yuzu's, there are so many incredible stories of figure skaters who deserve movies more than the current Oscar nominated one....

well... what if he played himself? remember magnificent nine? :pouty: he won't be interested now cause he said he want to skate during the filming of magnificent nine lmao, but.. who knows?

2 hours ago, MrPudding said:

I'm usually really good at resistiing the temptation to buy Yuzu magazines. I prioritize and think about the things I can do with the money instead... like watching Yuzu skate at Worlds... you see the problem? The temptation to buy this particular one, filled with happy Yuzu, is getting stronger than me. And I really, really love the cover omg

We have new yuzumojis!!! the things that this forum does in the span of a day  :english1:

3 minutes ago, robin said:

I'm usually really good at resistiing the temptation to buy Yuzu magazines. I prioritize and think about the things I can do with the money instead... like watching Yuzu skate at Worlds... you see the problem? The temptation to buy this particular one, filled with happy Yuzu, is getting stronger than me. And I really, really love the cover omg

I just ordered the 夢を生きるmag. WHY AERA WHY :headdesk2:

totally didn't make this post to use the new mojis