General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

You mean no one will inform them? Come on...

I guess its a mission for the fans then.

I can't imagine another skater going up to them and start a conversation like, "You know Hanyu's 3rd biography? Yea, apparently he named and thank you! What up! High-five!" :laughing:

I always imagined that if I ever write and publish a book one day, in the intro or thank you section I'd write a tribute to all my teachers who got me to love reading. Looks like Yuzu got to one of my dreams before me. :P

But really, he's such a sentimental heart.

1 minute ago, Forcefield said:

I guess its a mission for the fans then.

I can't imagine another skater going up to them and start a conversation like, "You know Hanyu's 3rd biography? Yea, apparently he named and thank you! What up! High-five!" :laughing:

I always imagined that if I ever write and publish a book one day, in the intro or thank you section I'd write a tribute to all my teachers who got me to love reading. Looks like Yuzu got to one of my dreams before me. :P

But really, he's such a sentimental heart.

And I can imagine loads of situations like that. FS is a tiny little world, news must travel quite fast there.

And anyway, it’s not as if Yuzu thanked all of these people in his book only...

15 minutes ago, Fay said:

And I can imagine loads of situations like that. FS is a tiny little world, news must travel quite fast there.

And anyway, it’s not as if Yuzu thanked all of these people in his book only...

I'm sure he thanks them always openly. He does so often with Brian in the KnC anyway. It's just sweet that he does it in paper as well publicly for his readers to know. Of course, doesn't mean doing it in person is any less. Or thanking them in his interviews is also any less. He always finds a way to show and tell how much he is thankful which will always be sweet.

2 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

yep they still need the opinions of a bunch of expert but at this stage it's like a formality .

didn't they had this discussion about the award with nao kodaira about a week ago.. why bring it up again today when the question of giving it to him is still not finalised..

they could still decide not to give it to him so doesn't that just make everything less fun..

10 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

yep they still need the opinions of a bunch of expert but at this stage it's like a formality .

And nominated individual can decline the honor. It happened few times before.

I hope Yuzu won't decline though.

9 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

didn't they had this discussion about the award with nao kodaira about a week ago.. why bring it up again today when the question of giving it to him is still not finalised..

they could still decide not to give it to him so doesn't that just make everything less fun..

because today the officials revealed that Mr.Abe will do the demand on the 2nd so that's why 

1 minute ago, Dara said:

And nominated individual can decline the honor. It happened few times before.

I hope Yuzu won't decline though.

yep he can decline it too 

17 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

I don't care if Yuzu gets it or not. :shrug:

I'm not big on if there might be any controversy or backlash around Yuzu when he has nothing to do with it.

I actually think this is something that would mean A LOT to Yuzu. His love for Japan and how part of the reason he's always motivates is his people, I suspect that this award of all things would be especially meaningful to him. 

3 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I see.. do you know some reasons why others have rejected this award before?

Suzuki Ichirō (baseball) has turned down the award twice (2001 and 2004 I think )  he gave the reason that he was still in the midst of his career and developing as a player so declined it

Fukumoto Yutaka (baseball)  too  after he set a WR , he wrote that he if he had accepted the award, "he wouldn’t have been able to casually stride into pachinko parlors anymore." 'LOL at this one :laughing:

13 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

Suzuki Ichirō (baseball) has turned down the award twice (2001 and 2004 I think )  he gave the reason that he was still in the midst of his career and developing as a player so declined it

Fukumoto Yutaka (baseball)  too  after he set a WR , he wrote that he if he had accepted the award, "he wouldn’t have been able to casually stride into pachinko parlors anymore." 'LOL at this one :laughing:

well then.. why do I see yuzu replying " I haven't landed 4A yet" thus declining it :war:

:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: