General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, meoima said:

@yuzuonice and others who keep speculating about Yuzuru’s treatment towards other members in team Japan. Am I right to say you never see the hierarchy system in Japan in action? And maybe you never work with Japanese athletes before? 

I used to work at a stadium during my college years, I met Japanese athletes before. And this is my explanation of why Yuzuru is treating his teammates so well and caring:

1) Yuzuru acts caringly to all younger members of team Japan, especially the youngers like Satoko, Shoma, and all... because he’s the senior. Seniors are supposed to act that way in Japan in all kinds of fields, even in universities, offices. There’s nothing like “putting one in their place” thing. It’s their culture. 

2) Yuzuru is already among the older members of team Japan, and the oldest medalist in the skating team, people look at him first and foremost. In short, he is the face of the whole JSF now. It’s natural that he acts like a senior because that’s how the public expects him to do, and I am sure most Japanese people will see it’s natural to act that way once they’re in that position. Of course he carries that expectation of “acting like a senior” with grace and elegance. I am sure his parents might even taught him how to act that way or told him that he should act that way because he’s a senior now, that’s how seniors are expected to do. 

3) Yuzuru genuinely likes his teammates. Why people think it’s so hard to get?

Since I was in quite a number of sport competitions during my college years, watched Japan teams in various sports acted, there’s nothing weird in how Yuzuru is handling the media and acting towards his teammates. It’s just he does it with the most graceful gesture and composure I have ever seen. But the way he acts as a caring senior is totally normal. I have seen this before among Japanese athletes. 

Yes, this was the point I was trying to make in my reply. It's true, I never saw the Japanese hierarchy system in practice but I know of its existence and to me it was clear what Yuzu was doing :) 

5 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

can we just end this talk about whoever surpassing Yuzu. regardless of anything, we all know that yuzu will forever be remembered as one if not the best skater ever. 

Tell the rest of skaters to:

1) improve their technique first. Faulty technique will get in the way sooner or later,

and I am not kidding.

2) improve their skating skills first. Because judging from the way the Olympics came out, judges and ISU still prefer true skating, even though they play with the Inflation.

3) adapt to the new rules first. No one knows how the new rules will affect the results and the scoring next season. 

5 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

Yes, this was the point I was trying to make in my reply. It's true, I never saw the Japanese hierarchy system in practice but I know of its existence and to me it was clear what Yuzu was doing :) 

I’d tell you this, in a Japanese team, it’s natural for a senior to act like Yuzuru, or more like it is expected. He is just very graceful at that. But it is not something unnatural to them. Or more likely, whole Japan will just expect Yuzuru, now a senior, to act so. 

And I have to jump in and explain so people will stop speculating because it’s getting out of hand. 

23 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

If he knows people are making MADs of him and are watching enough of them himself to go "HMmmmMmM...?" at some of the music choices (I'm guessing his curiosity overrode his embarrassment), he knows of Ambesi's fervent admiration of him. Ambesi isn't exactly an unknown in the field. And even if he is, Hanyu would still know because the guy knows everything. His intel-gathering technique is quite possibly the only thing that's more excellent than his skating one. If he ever decides to turn to the dark side, the world is toast.

sorry to bring this up from like 10 pages ago, but if I get this right, Yuzu commented about fanmade MADs at some point? :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01: What exactly was the context?

I regret not knowing yuzu back in 2010 when he first debuted as Senior... 

I wasted 4 years of my life before Sochi unaware of mens figure skating ... Which is a shame because had i known yuzu from 2010, I would know I had 8 full years of seeing yuzu compete.. I kinda feel sorry for the newbie fans of yuzu that knew him from pyeongchang cuz they have limited years of seeing him compete live

Just now, cinemacoconut said:

I regret not knowing yuzu back in 2010 when he first debuted as Senior... 

I wasted 4 years of my life before Sochi unaware of mens figure skating ... Which is a shame because had i known yuzu from 2010, I would know I had 8 full years of seeing yuzu compete.. I kinda feel sorry for the newbie fans of yuzu that knew him from pyeongchang cuz they have limited years of seeing him compete live

I am not sure. At least you didn’t have to witness CoC 2014 live. 

I still have no idea how I lived through that season. 

And to be honest in South Korea alot of k netizens have built yuzu as overhyped but Im not surprized they really hate japanese and russian skaters (im korean). But im glad that from what ive seen on youtube comments, the west doesnt see yuzu as overrated or overhyped. Yuzu is a legend even without the hype. Thats why i became a fan

It's not about bringing others down; it's about being very clear to his fellow countryman about who is still number one. What was Yuzu's reaction to Shoma's comment that he could have won gold if he had just done one of his jumps better? Don't recall the exact quote but Yuzu made it clear he didn't agree. Good for him!

It's interesting that some of you see that as a negative in Yuzu. I see it as a major positive; it's indicative of his killer competitive instinct and it's why he now has two Olympic gold medals. I would also not be surprised if it irritates perfectionist Yuzu that Shoma gets away with pre-rotating his jumps and that his under-rotations are often not called. Javi really did deserve the Olympic silver medal.

1 minute ago, GreatLakesGal said:

It's not about bringing others down; it's about being very clear to his fellow countryman about who is still number one. What was Yuzu's reaction to Shoma's comment that he could have won gold if he had just done one of his jumps better? Don't recall the exact quote but Yuzu made it clear he didn't agree. Good for him!

It's interesting that some of you see that as a negative in Yuzu. I see it as a major positive; it's indicative of his killer competitive instinct and it's why he now has two Olympic gold medals. I would also not be surprised if it irritates perfectionist Yuzu that Shoma gets away with pre-rotating his jumps and that his under-rotations are often not called. Javi really did deserve the Olympic silver medal.

I hvnt heard about Shoma prerotating his jumps. Im a newbie to other skaters as I have only become a fanyh after a long break jst in time for the olympic season. How is shoma getting away with underrotations even if yuzu doesnt?? 

7 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

It just doesn't seem necessary. Even Shoma doesn't have a problem remembering who is number one. He said that if he'd skated perfectly, he could have won. Yuzuru said that even if Shoma had landed the loop, he wouldn't have won. It's not a direct negation, and I feel like he did that for a reason. Shoma himself said that he needs to work on his technique. Yuzuru feels like if he retired right now, he could trust Shoma with taking over. It almost seems like people trying to create animosity where there isn't any, and I'm not quite sure why. We all know Yuzuru is the best. There's no reason to put anyone else down to "prove" it.

9 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

I was watching coc crash via the internet. I only saw Yuzu sp and fs at pyeongchang olympics live for the first tjme. 

I didn’t sleep very well that season. 

Before CoC 2014, Kurt Browning said Yuzuru was injured in the ankle (that ankle again) and yet Yuzuru still went for 3 quads.

Then the crazy collision happened and I cried the whole week after that. And those antis and haters came and talked horribly about Yuzuru’s scores etc. 

Then NHK 2014 happened when Yuzuru was having bandages all over the places after just 5 days lf practice. And antis and hatters were happy that he was off podium.

Then National 2014 happened when people thought it’s over, the day after that Yuzuru went to the hospital to get surgery in the stomach. Everyone was like what the hell is going on, our mentality wasn’t enough.

Then before WC 2015, it turned out Yuzuru got his ankle injured again because he came back to practice too early.

Then after WTT 2015 it turned out his body didn’t go well with the medical stitches and that there was some bad inflammation.

People thought season 2015-2016 would be better, but Boston happened and it turned out he had a very bad injury and he was forced to go off ice for whole summer.

And this season, that fall happened in November before all of our eyes.

Don’t ask me why I hope he won’t go for 2022. It’s too much. Yes all of his hardships paid off. But thinking about them making me sad and heartbroken all over again.