General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I would say definitely not. The only way a celebrity gets paid for stuff is when it's huge and it's a complete exclusive. Like marrying royalty and giving exclusive access to wedding shoot kind of huge. Or giving the juicy details of a big scandal, also as an exclusive.

Yuzu doesn't do scandals and he doesn't do bombshells that shake the tabloid world, so I'd say there's no payment involved. 

I was hoping he would get, say, certain % of the profit from magazine sales considering how many were released post Olympics (the past years really). (But then again, he probably isn't short on money either... haha) I was a little surprised at how JSF tries to limit Yuzu's CM to maintain his brand, but not the magazine spreads... I guess the people featured in them don't get a say in whether they want to be included or not. 

3 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

I was hoping he would get, say, certain % of the profit from magazine sales considering how many were released post Olympics (the past years really). (But then again, he probably isn't short on money either... haha) I was a little surprised at how JSF tries to limit Yuzu's CM to maintain his brand, but not the magazine spreads... I guess the people featured in them don't get a say in whether they want to be included or not. 

I find this so interesting, now that I think about it, since they can make money off of pictures, but you usually can't air someone on television unless they agree to it or sign a contract (at least in the U.S.).

Yuzu is so photogenic that it's easy to get good pictures of him while training, while performing, and him just walking and breathing. They're cashing in on it now since once he retires they won't get that easy money.

1 hour ago, Erin said:

Say, since when did Jack like Yuzu? I remember reading a web article written by him where he kind of dissed Yuzu. After Boston World's iirc. Please do correct me if i'm wrong. 

I don't remember him being hypercritical about Yuzuru, but I was never fond of his articles about Mao. 

1 hour ago, getsurenka said:

Nobody really makes money like that unless they have a really exceptional agent, and even then, it's usually payment for a shoot for working as the model or something like that. Most of these magazine spreads and coverage now are not from shoots he did for them, though. They're mostly from photos taken at events, which will have been taken by their own photographer while covering the event. Or by an agency like Getty, who will then own the photos and will sell it for use by other media for a certain fee. The only shoots he seems to do are sponsor-related, like P&G, so that will be included in his contract anyway. 

ETA: Printing costs for glossy magazines are so high that revenue isn't directly from sales. It's from advertising, which increases if you have great sales, of course. If Yuzu is featured, cost for ads in the magazine would probably increase so they do get more revenue from those editions, I'd guess from general industry knowledge, but it would be very complicated for Yuzu's team to claim how much of what revenue he'd get to share. For one thing, the actual revenue from ads wouldn't be shared with his team anyway, that would be confidential. 

4 minutes ago, beki said:

I’m always an advocate for Helsinki LGC. The combo didn’t impact the performance one bit. It was an ecstatic experience being in the audience. We probably would’ve exploded and died if he’d gone clean. That judging was something alright :censor:

+1, also GPF SP was plenty clean IMO. You'd think it counts if some other skaters are called "clean" all the time with stepouts and spinning landings...and this happens all the time (i.e. Kaetlyn's "clean" FS in PC, Boyang skating clean in Helsinki, *cough* others...) yet Yuzu didn't even step out of the loop at GPF lol.

5 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

+1, also GPF SP was plenty clean IMO. You'd think it counts if some other skaters are called "clean" all the time with stepouts and spinning landings...and this happens all the time (i.e. Kaetlyn's "clean" FS in PC, Boyang skating clean in Helsinki, *cough* others...) yet Yuzu didn't even step out of the loop at GPF lol.

Yeah, and we got that crinkly-oooops-can't-believe-I-got-that look from that SP, too. What more can anybody ask for!