General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

With how close Yuzu is to TAT, luckily she's a former coach and a big deal in FS, and his connection to PJ Kwong, I do hope he meets Ambesi one day and knows how much this guy supports him in podcast, online, and in commentary. I don't even know why I should care, but well it's nice to have such an outspoken Fanyu sometimes. Maybe they met though and I don't know. I think he's at least met Jack since he writes for an English-Japanese site(?).

I get the feeling Yuzu knows, with how educated he is about this sport I think he knows who is who, even if it's just by name. Not sure if he ever got a chance to meet Max, but Milan would've been a great chance for it to happen if he ends up going!

11 hours ago, Aotoshiro said:

Sorry for jumping the wagon without checking last five pages, but...he's just plain amazing...

There's currently a lot happening in Japanese idol industry as two of them got together and kind of published their relationship on social media (for onr of them it's the second time- I think it even got featured in the media, dince he was part of the cast of a very popular stageplay). A lot of so-called "fans" dragged them for it, saying that they spend money on them and how could they! And overally behaving like cheated spouses to both of them.(Ooh terrible who forced you to support them? Oh it was nobody but your ego? Hmmm). The problem with idol industry is that they sell dreams, so while there are mature fans just sincerly wanting to support talented person they admire or enjoy work of, there is also this group of loud, excuse my wording now, attention w**res who think they are the only ones sugar-mommying/daddying the idol and so are the only ones destined to be with them. 

Yuzuru throws shade at those people with a veeery wide smile and cute laugh, but he is a bit right that his fandom also has this type of people in it (I haven't met anybody personally, even less here, but for example seeing some of the comments under Misha Ge's instagram post featuring Olys just made me cringe. "Tell Yuzu we're his fans from XYZ and that he needs to make social media account!" On a post with Misha's Sp preparations? Blegh). Still, judging just from this Planet population I'm quite sure there would be more "OMG! CONGRATS!!!" and "WHERE AND WHEN IS THE WEDDING I WANT TO SEND POOH" had he suddenly announced getting together with sb rather than "You betrayed me! How could you!" Since I feel we actually care for his Happines and not our chances to possibly hook up with him...I hope?

It’s not just Japanese Idols...the same with kpop idols. It’s ridiculous how they get death threats for dating or people try to kick them out of the group.  A member of a kpop group got married and instead of pushing through the group themselves left him out of their new song at the request of fans. 

I hope Yuzuru can get married/date without any worries. Yes he has many young and immature fans (especially some if the newer ones), but I hope he doesn’t listen to their hate and obsession too much. I am a fan of many kpop groups and as someone of the stereotypical demographic I have to say that my pattern of being a fan is:

1. Discover them 

2. Get REALLY into them <—— this is the stage where a lot of new Yuzu fans are bc of the Olys and this is also the most jealous/obsessed phase

3. Tone it down a bit an become a casual/ mature fan. For me I usually forget about an interest because sth else has interested me and then one day I’ll rememeber it and come back with a more calm perspective.

Tl;dr what I’m saying is that hopefully many of the younger, new fans will calm with time and therefore let Yuzuru happily be in a relationship if that’s what he wants 

33 minutes ago, teeannroo said:

It’s not just Japanese Idols...the same with kpop idols. It’s ridiculous how they get death threats for dating or people try to kick them out of the group.  A member of a kpop group got married and instead of pushing through the group themselves left him out of their new song at the request of fans. 

I hope Yuzuru can get married/date without any worries. Yes he has many young and immature fans (especially some if the newer ones), but I hope he doesn’t listen to their hate and obsession too much. I am a fan of many kpop groups and as someone of the stereotypical demographic I have to say that my pattern of being a fan is:

1. Discover them 

2. Get REALLY into them <—— this is the stage where a lot of new Yuzu fans are bc of the Olys and this is also the most jealous/obsessed phase

3. Tone it down a bit an become a casual/ mature fan. For me I usually forget about an interest because sth else has interested me and then one day I’ll rememeber it and come back with a more calm perspective.

Tl;dr what I’m saying is that hopefully many of the younger, new fans will calm with time and therefore let Yuzuru happily be in a relationship if that’s what he wants 

I thought most of Yuzu's fans are adult, e.g. moms and grandmas. But i guess by now, many teenagers might have become his fans too. I'm ready to fight them should they turn against Yuzu. :hachimaki: 

In a mature way of course. :devilYuzu:

RE: Media questions.

I'm not actually too bothered by the Quads and Quints questions. Mainly because I know most of these journalists don't actually follow figure skating as a sport. It's easy to say that they should do research but let's face it, how long did it take us to learn and understand the ins and outs of the sports - from scoring to identifying jumps, spins, steps... Of course they'll latch on to quads because unfortunately, that is the forefront of conversational topics when it comes to Men's figure skating. Who better to educate them than someone who has clearly studied everything about this sport and more...?

What annoys me more is the pooh question. He had a press conference done before the competitions where most if not all the journalists present in Pyeongchang attended and the Pooh question has already been addressed there... and yet, they could not let it go. Also, questions regarding his love life and family as well.

23 minutes ago, Erin said:

I thought most of Yuzu's fans are adult, e.g. moms and grandmas.

We’re mostly adults but a lot of us are in their early twenties: 

Reminds me, we might want to make an updated demographics poll

(How do we recruit those fanboys from Yuzu’s arrival, btw.)

3 hours ago, ICeleste said:

I know this is selfish but personally, I'd be sad if he r* before doing at least one more new program...
I started stanning him in the last part of the 16-17 season so I never experienced the reveal of new music, choreography and costumes and all the excitement that comes with it in the fandom.
I really hope I can experience watching him perform a program live for the first time at least once.. I'd be happy even if he only has a new EX

I agree so much! Although I've been his fan for a longer time, I think one of the most exciting moments for me are the music/program  reveals too. I remember when he revealed that it was SEIMEI there was just absolute confusion and then everyone just went nuts. I personally went to the moon and back. Don't get me wrong, I liked R&J 2.0  as a program and POTO was good but in my opinion he just couldn't live up to it at the competition due to his injuries plus the choreo was watered down after them.  I cant speak for Notre Dame though k,  But I was hoping for so long that he could have a long program that gave complete justice to him ever since R&J 1.0 and at the time SEIMEI was exactly what I wanted, it just was so fitting to his skating and him in general. It promised a lot and it did surprass all of the expectations. And then all of the practices videos at ACI and the step sequence reveal  (R.I.P step sequence version 1)  Also, eagerly waiting for the open practice mid-summer each year, especially the one for H&L. It was love at the first sight while watching the media clips. I was  advocating the program 24/7 while some skating fans thought it wasn't the most striking vehicule after Seimei. Until most non-fans that doubted it before ended up liking it a lot at Worlds (a clean skate really makes wonders...). The program has always been brilliant though.    That's why him repeating Ballade and SEIMEI took a bit of my excitement at fist, but as i've said it ended up being the right decision giving the injury. 

In case you don't know about it, you can read about the reveals.  Here's when he revealed SEIMEI for example. Back them the discussion was still mostly centered at GS   (until there was those issues as we all know and this place was created for and by the fans that were using his gigantic thread in GS) 

One of my favourites things in figure skating is also seeing programs evolve with the season until there is (hopefully) that one moment where it all comes together and the program has it's full effect. Most recently It happened at NHK/GPF2015 and Worlds 2017 etc. 

And I still want to see him wearing a black costume in a dark themed  program at least once!  Even if it's not very likely, but one fan can dream. 

I definitely want new programs. But I’m open to absolutely anything. I want to see the IDGAF mentality in action. Wear a tutu or a spacesuit, pretend to be a caterpillar, be a human calligraphy brush. Kidding, but it would be cool to see something not safe, something he loves that the judges might not embrace. Like poor H&L, sigh.