General Yuzuru Chat

Boyang looks to have the best technique for speed skating among that group, lol!!

Re the arrival in Japan. Yep, yuzu looks tired, as most Olympic athletes do once it is done.  Perhaps the post Olympic depression is starting to settle in... coupled with the  knowledge of gloomy ankle focused days ahead... and yet another interview he has to get through before getting home to relax. I know it is very likely that he will not go to World's... and, wow, Brian having no male skater at World's!!!! It should be his least stressed championships in years!

Happy to see the J curling girls team there. As a long time fan of curling it makes me happy to see the sport spreading around the world and becoming popular  (and proud to see that these fast developing curling countries (japan, s korea etc) are using Canadian coaches to help learn the game/strategy etc ).  It was exciting to see them on the podium.

@meoima

I uploaded SP and FS from channel 1 with TAT and Grishin comments

https://mega.nz/#F!eTJ1SbLa!yxRUHfieusCnWThe7iQ0tQ

SP is with warm-up, during FS warm-up there was partly an ad break

@nagini already made SP comments translation but I also did mine anyway so will post too

@kaeryth feel free to move links to the media thread

SP comments TAT & A. Grishin

Спойлер

0:28

Grishin: Here he is... practically a Japanese God, oh, yeah, Yuzuru Hanyu, 2014 Olympic champion

3:00

G: It's very interesting to see in what from Yuzuru Hanyu is cuz at one practice on the practice rink a couple of days ago, on the first days after his arrival all the press at the rink were waiting for Yuzuru. So during 35 minutes long practice session he didn't attempt any jumps, now during warm-up he attempted one of his most spectacular jumps - 3A but made only 1A, seems like even if his injury is cured, it's not to the 100%. That's what they are saying, but I don't have a clue in what form Hanyu is. When he is at his best it's a real treat. And there it is, clean 3A, everything's OK.

TAT: So the leg was in pain and now it isn't?

G: No, no.

TAT: It's the head that was in pain.

G: The man just can get it together.

TAT: Now we'll see. I'm cheering for him, I'm his fan.

8:12

TAT: After such injury to go straight to the Olympics without any competition, it's very hard.

G: Hundreds even if not thousands of Japanese flags go up in the air. On the ice is the 2014 Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu and his great programme to the piercing music of Ballad №1 by Frederic Chopin.

TAT: My favorite.

G: Hanyu returned to his two old programmes.

TAT (after 4T+3T): Hop, hop! Bravo!... Ahh, golden boy (meaning as wonderful boy)

TAT (after performance): Standing ovation.

G: Will there be a new WR? There's Hanyu and there's everybody else, that's something unbelievable, outstanding, not enough words to describe. Yuzuru Hanyu went out...

TAT: He and the music are one. How I love the talent, everybody loves him. Talent gives happiness to people, gives a chance to thousands, millions people to live and adore and create. Thank you, sweet boy that you recovered, that you're again in the game. Nobody is interested if you are in pain or not, you're here and performed great for yourself. Thank you.

G: Ooooh, what's going on near the boards, the fans that can't throw away their yellow poohs on the ice, throw them behind the boards. Such a pile of yellow bears was never seen before.

TAT: Thousands! Thousands!

G: Thousands, really, that's crazy.

TAT: Need to go to him to bring...

G:... a bag! Yellow bear in a bag - a new dish [meaning like boiled egg = a pun]. Hanyu was amazing. The man that's devoted to his job. Went out there and did everything.

TAT: How he feels the music. All coincided in him: his thin frame and inner subtle, great inner strength of this Japanese man. I always say that to win you must be a little bit of a Japanese. There's a little bit.... [at the combo replay] but it's in a favor of an athlete.

G: You bet in favor of Hanyu.

TAT: Such a beautiful skating, there's such a breathing in this skating, such inner strength... [in fondly and proud voice] like Aliev's today.

G: It's a pleasure to here such a praise.

TAT: Honestly, honestly!

TAT [finishing pose replay]: There's all, nothing more, nothing less!

G: What can you say here. That's one more masterpiece from the greatest skater, maybe the greatest of all time. I'm afraid to throw away such phrases, but he's cool.

TAT: You know, what a nature had given to him...

G: Fantastic, 111. No, that's not a new WR, but it speaks nothing less about this achievement.

TAT: You understand that he didn't jump Lz, didn't jump Lo, but what he did jump was brilliant. What he did jump he rotated like... turbine.

TAT [after video ends and Nathan Chen is on the ice]: And of course many thanks to his coach, who believes in him and loves him so much. How can you not love him?

I must add TAT adores Shoma too (she said "brilliantly/genius" after his SP, also added he has flip, but Yuzuru beats him in quality. Called Yuzu a "celestial")

FS comments TAT & A. Grishin

Спойлер

Grishin: Unbelievable excitement is going at the stands now. At Olympic Games it's time of Yuzuru Hanyu's FS, Olympic Champion of 2014.

TAT: Salchow

TAT: Toe loop

TAT: Salchow, toe loop

TAT: Toe loop

TAT [3Lz]: Hold on!

TAT [ending pose]: Bravo. Bravo! Two unclean landings. Sublime programme. There's not even a second of a doubt in this programme, 4 quads, 2 x 3A [TAT's mistake - there was one 3A], one in combo. Stunning. Those spread eagles, this music. He came out there and he is strong inside, you're feeling it, his energy.

G: Shaman.

TAT: He also was like... like Dima as thin and raw, but now he matured. Even though he was injured, his leg was treated, he missed so much months. How he trained every day... being in bed.

G: Literally a shaman...

TAT: Of course

G:...and it seems like a 2 time champ.

TAT: He is unique because he is given a lot by nature, he has turnout, big steps, he has very good legs, knees, so harmonious. At some things others work years and unsuccessfully [means turnout]. So good in jumps, has big jumps since childhood, was in good hands. They [meaning Japan] also have coaches but he found the person... his Federation found a person that from his abilities and the coach's knowledge he makes those victories. [3Lz replay] He didn't fell, he almost didn't touch [the ice] cuz he is trained not to, trained not to touch [the ice] or touch but not to fall, cuz at every practice you have a goal. [final pose replay] There he is, easily! Almost "tore a stomach" [not literally] while skating.

G: The official mascot of this Games at this ice arena now is yellow bear from a famous cartoon.

G [at the scores]: Unreachable.

TAT: Sweetheart, he is shaking, awwww.

G: The scores of the 2 time Olympic gold medalist. History, history is here.

TAT: European champion now to skate, our European guy, the man we also adore. But he is not the same.

---------------

TAT was also phrasing Javi's skate a lot (in the end added that Tracy worked very well with him). Trankov said that Javi won 2 WC titles over Hanyu who is an alien, a figure skating God.

[after Shoma's score]

TAT: I'm glad! Cuz he will stay! He will stay like a leader. He will not retire, he will stay to fight till next Olympics and we will watch him. Congratulations, sweet child. Congratulations, 2 time winner. Good boy. And Shoma Uno also is a genius, he couldn't score higher today cuz he fell hard...[next is not Yuzu-relatable].

18 minutes ago, liv said:

Boyang looks to have the best technique for speed skating among that group, lol!!

Re the arrival in Japan. Yep, yuzu looks tired, as most Olympic athletes do once it is done.  Perhaps the post Olympic depression is starting to settle in... coupled with the  knowledge of gloomy ankle focused days ahead... and yet another interview he has to get through before getting home to relax. I know it is very likely that he will not go to World's... and, wow, Brian having no male skater at World's!!!! It should be his least stressed championships in years

Cha isn't going? Ahaha yes, Brian can relax a bit more now!

I think Yuzuru is just tired. OGMs have massive media obligations, not just in Japan but there I guess it's now amplified with both the love for FS in the country as well as his particular achievement with this second one. Though from my perspective, considering he's skipping Worlds, it's not so bad once he's through with it; it does help strengthen his brand considerably which is a good thing (especially when he has the personality that he does and things like the curling team moment happen and the thing just multiplies).

16 hours ago, Forcefield said:

Sad to be quoting my own comment and asking this, but did anyone manage to save this video, or find a different one? I didn't get to download it on time and now it's gone. :13877886::tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:

Hi! Long time lurker here popping out just to give you a dd link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b4g2Jd48-01iIpxsCzrWu1vqfWBZTY_y/view?usp=sharing

(it was after all, thanks to you I got to save the vid! ^^ )