General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

I wonder.... part of me wonders whether he was a lot further along in his 4A preparation pre-injury than we thought he was.... a part of me thinks he MEANT for it to come out this coming next season, but that now probably not. 

No, definitely not, he was focused on the 4Lz but I do believe he's done enough to know where he stands with the 4A. The harness for one was a surprise for me, so he has practiced it, and enough, especially going by Brian's words, to have a good feeling of two things - yes, he can and he knows what is needed for it.

But just as much as I was sure the 4Lz was coming, I have the exact same thought about the 4A. It'll depend on his health of course but once he is fine, knock on wood, I don't think he'll need nearly as much time as some seem to. Months vs years, for sure.

Oly is over with such a rollercoaster of emotion, my heart is suddenly so vacant now it feels like dropping from the ultimate highness to bottomless hollow... soooo empty.

I still can't accept the fact there's no more comps, no more skating, THE skating legend will be back to cave like Oly has never happened, but seeing him back to Jpn I realize I must pull myself together to accept it. Ofc he'll keep being on TV months from now on, but what I want to see most is still the skater Hanyu Yuzuru. I can do nothing but pray each day for his recovery, I want him to be completely healthy and happy in next ice shows, the nearest time we might see skater Hanyu back.

3 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

I wonder.... part of me wonders whether he was a lot further along in his 4A preparation pre-injury than we thought he was.... a part of me thinks he MEANT for it to come out this coming next season, but that now probably not. 

Honestly, a part of me believed there was a small chance he might want to bring it for the Olympics. The way he answered questions about it, refusing to say: "definitely not this season" made me wonder. Of course it was a great risk, but I expected something like... if all his rivals went squeaky clean and judges piled up PCS candy for them, then he might feel it's a do or die and take the risk of Nessie. And that training 4Lz and especially 4A had to do with having an ace up his sleeve if he needed it. Of course, this is fantasy, but it wouldn't surprise me if 4A is far more advanced than anyone believes. We'll see... (By now, I believe his actions more than his words lol)

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

airport clip 

ah so he is going to japan first? I'm glad :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: I hope he can celebrate his win with his family like he seemed to want when he said it with a smile at the presscon :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5: then rest well, have some home comfort and play games all day until he's fully healthy! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: enjoy it yuzu! you deserve that!

7 minutes ago, meoima said:

my favorite trio <3

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

No, definitely not, he was focused on the 4Lz but I do believe he's done enough to know where he stands with the 4A. The harness for one was a surprise for me, so he has practiced it, and enough, especially going by Brian's words, to have a good feeling of two things - yes, he can and he knows what is needed for it.

But just as much as I was sure the 4Lz was coming, I have the exact same thought about the 4A. It'll depend on his health of course but once he is fine, knock on wood, I don't think he'll need nearly as much time as some seem to. Months vs years, for sure.

It's just the impact of landing that extra rotation - there will be no cheating from him, we know that - on that ankle of his. Takeoff is thankfully not a problem, but that landing must be jarring! He'll need it to be really stable to keep that edge out of it, if his ankle isn't really strong, he'd risk hurting himself much worse. That is the only reason I don't expect it next season, at least not in the GP series. 

But yes, if Brian said he's landing it with no help in the harness, I think that means he has definitely landed it without harness. They keep us a good six months to a year behind times. 

TBH, I'd rather not hear anything else about Nessie preparations or even his planned content before it happens.... I know it's unrealistic but can you imagine how iconic it'd be if his first 4A in competition came totally unexpected?  I want him to leave us all like :smiley_hairpull::smiley-excited001: Anyway, whenever that may be, it'll definitely  be worth the wait

(Does this go here? Can this go here?)

I don’t know if anyone has uploaded them yet but here are the clips of SP, FS, Gala Swan, and Gala Finale with Australian commentary (I think this commentary was also broadcast in US and Europe on some channels.) 

Unfortunately they’re cut a tiny bit because they’re from “highlights” broadcasts.

Spoiler

Linky McLinkatron

The files are pretty large so if anyone who’s better at this sort of thing than I am would like to reduce the size and re-up, go for it. 

ETA Right link now. 

ETA2: Yes, they really uploaded swan with that title. :) 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

(Does this go here? Can this go here?)

I don’t know if anyone has uploaded them yet but here are the clips of SP, FS, Gala Swan, and Gala Finale with Australian commentary (I think this commentary was also broadcast in US and Europe on some channels.) 

Unfortunately they’re cut a tiny bit because they’re from “highlights” broadcasts.

Hide contents

Linky McLinkatron

The files are pretty large so if anyone who’s better at this sort of thing than I am would like to reduce the size and re-up, go for it. 

Please don't let Linky go down, I need to find my external memory to find space for all Yuzu-Olympics-videos. It's somewhere in this dimension, hopefully, is my recollection of where I saw it last.

15 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

It's just the impact of landing that extra rotation - there will be no cheating from him, we know that - on that ankle of his. Takeoff is thankfully not a problem, but that landing must be jarring! He'll need it to be really stable to keep that edge out of it, if his ankle isn't really strong, he'd risk hurting himself much worse. That is the only reason I don't expect it next season, at least not in the GP series. 

But yes, if Brian said he's landing it with no help in the harness, I think that means he has definitely landed it without harness. They keep us a good six months to a year behind times. 

I cannot say how long I think it'll take for him to heal as I honestly don't think we have enough information so I'm not really inclined to put any potential date on it. I'm going more with what they're hinting at here, as I assume there's some positive reasoning to it, apart from the PR angle of making sure to be very clear he's staying and is intent on further advancing his skating, which is pretty important now, as there's lots of talk about retirements, new generation, etc. And in general, for his own brand, it's positive. They just don't seem to be the type of a team who'd toot his horn based on nothing at all though of course, best laid plans and all as we've seen, but again, knock on wood, everything crossed that it does go as smoothly as possible.

And yes, landing without the harness goes along with Max and his piece of news of 30% success rate, which is why I think once he's healed, it's going to take months, not years, to try it out for real in a competition. 

____

@kaeryth I think he is! I read him as such myself, especially the very ending of the interview so he's probably in some mix state of worry combined with excitement.