General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, SSS said:

Is this the first ever clean and fully rotated 4lz3t with rippon?

i mean have Vincent/Boyang done this before?

Vincent might have done it. I'm sure I saw Vincent rippon the 3Ts of his quad combos but I don't remember which quads.

Meanwhile, Yuzu and company bring some joy to Reddit again:

nvty4j5.png

Reddit is mostly: "well, we love figure skaters now" but there are some crazy fans there too. Like, we tend to worry over everything but somebody there seemed to actually hold it against Yuzu that he dared to play around while having a bad ankle and falling, he shouldn't be taking such risks. And the person who said Yuzu had done it intentionally got downvoted. Lol, reddit is such a guilty pleasure of mine (good for all things technical, though).

28 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Vincent might have done it. I'm sure I saw Vincent rippon the 3Ts of his quad combos but I don't remember which quads.

Meanwhile, Yuzu and company bring some joy to Reddit again:

nvty4j5.png

Reddit is mostly: "well, we love figure skaters now" but there are some crazy fans there too. Like, we tend to worry over everything but somebody there seemed to actually hold it against Yuzu that he dared to play around while having a bad ankle and falling, he shouldn't be taking such risks. And the person who said Yuzu had done it intentionally got downvoted. Lol, reddit is such a guilty pleasure of mine (good for all things technical, though).

I am here for all the reddit comments on Swanzu, if the gala gets talked about there. 

2 hours ago, SSS said:

Is this the first ever clean and fully rotated 4lz3t with rippon?

i mean have Vincent/Boyang done this before?

I know that Vincent has jumped 4Lz3T rippon "cleanly" (no UR call, positive goe) aa few times in competition, but I haven't reviewed all of them so I can't be sure they were actually fully rotated. Vincent's lutz is often prerotated quite a bit tho, so I would say it's likely those combo had not as much actual rotations in the air as Yuzuru's (the one in Vincent's Olympic FS was prerotated quite a bit on both lutz and 3T and the landings were a bit crooked too, the 3T one in particular). I know Vincent did 4Lz rippon too, but I don't remember if he did the whole rippon combo... (I think what Vincent lacks is rotational speed because his jumps are really high, but he is quite prone to both UR and PR)

I don't think I have ever seen Boyang rippon a jump tho :confused: Nor Nathan, for what it's worth (or Javi, or Shoma, or Patrick, or Mikahil...)

I can't wait to see all the comments on swan 2-times olympic champion who will be sparkly af and proud of that:P:biggrin:

I bet lots of heads will implode:biggrin:

Tho he has somehow prepared the world to that by being a total child in the practices...maybe people won't expect the champion to act male and dignified:laughing:

Hace 2 horas, Hydroblade said:

i bet it was the painkillers. It was high!Yuzu talking:tumblr_inline_np9uqfin9j1qid2nw_75sq:

I don't think painkillers directly influence his current mood. They reduce pain but don't make you happy. I mean his happiness is genuine and he is really looking forward to the new goals because he has always been like this.

11 minutes ago, Floria said:

I don't think painkillers directly influence his current mood. They reduce pain but don't make you happy. I mean his happiness is genuine and he is really looking forward to the new goals because he has always been like this.

Painkillers absolutely make you happy - that's why some people take them recreationally - but depending on his tolerance to them he might not feel those effects. 

40 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I know that Vincent has jumped 4Lz3T rippon "cleanly" (no UR call, positive goe) aa few times in competition, but I haven't reviewed all of them so I can't be sure they were actually fully rotated. Vincent's lutz is often prerotated quite a bit tho, so I would say it's likely those combo had not as much actual rotations in the air as Yuzuru's (the one in Vincent's Olympic FS was prerotated quite a bit on both lutz and 3T and the landings were a bit crooked too, the 3T one in particular). I know Vincent did 4Lz rippon too, but I don't remember if he did the whole rippon combo... (I think what Vincent lacks is rotational speed because his jumps are really high, but he is quite prone to both UR and PR)

I don't think I have ever seen Boyang rippon a jump tho :confused: Nor Nathan, for what it's worth (or Javi, or Shoma, or Patrick, or Mikahil...)

I can't wait to see all the comments on swan 2-times olympic champion who will be sparkly af and proud of that:P:biggrin:

I bet lots of heads will implode:biggrin:

Tho he has somehow prepared the world to that by being a total child in the practices...maybe people won't expect the champion to act male and dignified:laughing:

Can’t image Boyang ripponing his jumps with his face up up up...

hace 24 minutos , SparkleSalad said:

Painkillers absolutely make you happy - that's why some people take them recreationally - but depending on his tolerance to them he might not feel those effects. 

Well, it depends on the type of painkillers used. There are common ones that just reduce pain when you have inflammation in your joints for example.  Of course I have no idea about what he is really taking now, but I prefer to believe that he is just happy. Why shouldn't he? He fulfilled one of his biggest dreams, what more do you need? Idk why we are making assumptions about him being drugged.

13 minutes ago, Floria said:

Well, it depends on the type of painkillers used. There are common ones that just reduce pain when you have inflammation in your joints for example.  Of course I have no idea about what he is really taking now, but I prefer to believe that he is just happy. Why shouldn't he? He fullfilled one of his biggest dreams, what more you need? Idk why we are making assumptions about him being drugged.

I think people are just joking, aren't they?