General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Am I reading too much into it?  It seems to me that Yuzu is now and in the past has been shepherding Shoma when it comes to public ceremonies or media conferences.  While I know no Japanese and so can't go on what is being said, watching Shoma's body language makes me feel that he is quite shy and only on the ice does he open up and that's during his performances.  I remember an early incident when Yuzu reached behind Shoma and pinched Shoma's cheek to make him smile.  And then there's the now infamous scene of the World Champion on hands and knees and so out of sight, crawling behind the World Silver Medalist in order not to distract the reporters who should be concentrating on Shoma.  A number of other incidents over the years have me thinking that Yuzu has taken pains to help Shoma deal with highly 'public' occasions.  Yuzu, of course, is now an old hand with dealing with the media, but even in his early days he handled things skillfully, particularly when Japanese was the operative language.  I think, in fact, he's quite a bit more outgoing and certainly willing to express emotion (jumping up and down when winning, crying when REALLY winning).  I think Yuzu feels a bit protective towards Shoma, acting like an older brother.  Of course, I could be imagining all this.

Haven't you heard? Shoma is his little puppy :rofl:but he's free, though, Yuzu's not putting him on a leash

5 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I still don't think it's fully sunk in for me that he actually did it and it's real :war:

I'm watching the SP & FP at least 3 times a day. Especially when on a bus, on my way to somewhere (that's the place where no one bothers me). I usually end up missing my stop as i'm too concentrated on Yuzu, as if it's a live feed.

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

Am I reading too much into it?  It seems to me that Yuzu is now and in the past has been shepherding Shoma when it comes to public ceremonies or media conferences.  While I know no Japanese and so can't go on what is being said, watching Shoma's body language makes me feel that he is quite shy and only on the ice does he open up and that's during his performances.  I remember an early incident when Yuzu reached behind Shoma and pinched Shoma's cheek to make him smile.  And then there's the now infamous scene of the World Champion on hands and knees and so out of sight, crawling behind the World Silver Medalist in order not to distract the reporters who should be concentrating on Shoma.  A number of other incidents over the years have me thinking that Yuzu has taken pains to help Shoma deal with highly 'public' occasions.  Yuzu, of course, is now an old hand with dealing with the media, but even in his early days he handled things skillfully, particularly when Japanese was the operative language.  I think, in fact, he's quite a bit more outgoing and certainly willing to express emotion (jumping up and down when winning, crying when REALLY winning).  I think Yuzu feels a bit protective towards Shoma, acting like an older brother.  Of course, I could be imagining all this.

Have to admit I laughed a little at this because it's not new at all and you are definitely not imagining the big brother dynamic (though Yuzu has recently said Shoma's like a little pet dog roaming free lol). Shoma has always been very 'my pace' and quite introverted/shy/poker-faced in front of the media and just in general and Yuzu has always been quite the media darling with his natural charm, but has always gone to pains to help Shoma out in social situations, making sure Shoma's on top of things (and marrying him) and just kind of having fun with him. Shoma was a little .__. at first but their relationship definitely seems closer now. They've both gone to pains to deny it when media has attempted to pit them against each other as rivals too, which is very nice.