General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, koneko said:

Re: the flexibility topic (I don't know how to quote multiple people, sorry ^^)

There is a concept in contortion (which I think may apply to any activity which requires flexibility), which says that you're either a front-bender or a back-bender.I guess front-bending is what is meant by being flexible in the hips? It's super rare to be good at both because the spine is usually more flexible in only one direction.

I agree that Yuzu is naturally gifted at being flexible (seeing him skate as a kid), and it is apparent that he worked hard to maintain it as he grew into adulthood. Genetics + hard work, baby

I love love love Yuzu's beautiful turnout! I've been a ballerina for 17 years, and it just speaks to my soul, lol. Good turnouts come from the hips, bad/forced ones come from the knees (which is obvs a big no-no XD)

Yuzu does have beautiful turnout :heart: :heart::heart: His turnout and his edges make his spread eagle, Ina Bauer and Besti squat extra, extra special.

One of the things that disappointed me about Nathan was that though he has the ballet background, his turnout is not great and his spread eagle is actually quite ugly...:sad-smiley-046:

3 hours ago, Fay said:

@Fresca thank you for all your ideas about different kinds of flexibility - what I learnt was really interesting, I thought it might be a good idea to set up a separate thread to discuss flexibility vs jumps issue, perhaps. What do you think?

Thank you! :loveshower: Glad to know you found the posts interesting! Yes, I think it might be better to set up a separate thread if people want to discuss those topics more. I have already littered Yuzu's Overall Skating Talk thread with posts about others' jump technique :whiteflag:

12 minutes ago, Fresca said:

Yuzu does have beautiful turnout :heart: :heart::heart: His turnout and his edges make his spread eagle, Ina Bauer and Best squat extra, extra special.

One of the things that disappointed me about Nathan was that though he has the ballet background, hus turnout is not great and his spread eagle is actually quite ugly...:sad-smiley-046:

Thank you! :loveshower: Glad to know you found the posts interesting! Yes, I think it might be better to set up a separate thread if people want to discuss those topics more. I have already littered Yuzu's Overall Skating Layout thread with posts about others' jump technique :whiteflag:

OK, I'll do it a little later and leave the link here for everyone interested in the topic!

34 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

OMG WTF is this???  hahahahahahhahahaha

yuzu looks good in anything but omg that white/gold costume is so wtf i can't even describe...

Maybe the costume people thought they were designing for Gracie Gold? Although even for Gracie at her most Disney, those ruffles would be way, way over-the-top. Actually, those ruffles are just  :dumb:.