General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

Yes, there are many quads but one of the quadsters is out of it.  Nathan Chen had what can only be described as a 'meltdown'.  He's in 17th place and I wonder how the American media are trying to explain what has happened to their vaunted champion.  Nathan is clearly going nowhere.  That leaves just Boyang as the remaining quadster.  He is a legitimate threat, as are Shoma and Javi  But I don't think Yuzu is worried.  I think he's at a state of mind where he truly trusts his training and trusts his program.  He's in total synch with them.  I think right now he's in the state of mind that he was in back at the 2015 GPF.  He's not competing.  He's performing and the the perfection of the performance is all that matters.  Whether he wins or not is inconsequential.  Whether he sets a record or not is equally inconsequential.  Whether he can skate better than clean and have a performance he will remember to his dying day, that's what matters.

I feel like his mental status is different from 15gpf... if he continues today I can say he reaches another level...:bow:

So now nbc just send me a news article about fans complaining nbc showing skiing instead of skating during prime time which caused them miss the historical moment... that Vincent jumped first 4lz in this olympics...

Havent read all the Boston negative thought... but as a superstitious fan who needs negative thought to ensure Zu do well.. thanks for the food in advance...:facepalm:

My anxiety level truely proved that it worked yesterday :clap:

one more day to go. Pray.

7 minutes ago, Amura365 said:

I'm worried about Hanyu's stamina for the free skate.

He just has to find that 'helsinki free' spot in which, even if he feels like he has no energy, he breathes and the program is skated for itself. I think he can do it. 

About Boston, I havent the slightest concern with it.  The situation is totally different.

At that time, he suffered from serious injury and filled with anxiety.  He had D10 incident.  He had the barrier between him and Brian. brabrabra...

He learned a lot and his team sincerely support his mental recovery and he really appreciate it and lead to a closer tie between them.

After Boston, shirota-san (ANA skating club manager) joined to support him and it worked well.

Looking back 2016 and 2015 Worlds, landslide lead seems not to be good.  It gives the leader unnecessary pressure?  Im not sure.

A close gap of this time would be useful to keep good tension, I think. 

Has this NYT article been posted yet? It's written by the same guy who did that nice article on Yuzu a few weeks ago.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/15/sports/olympics/figure-skating-yuzuru-hanyu-nathan-chen.html

The only thing missing for Hanyu at rinkside was his trademark Winnie the Pooh doll, which serves as a tissue box and a totem of good luck with its smiling, uncritical gaze. The Disney character, created by A.A. Milne, would be a violation of Olympic branding and sponsorship rules. But Hanyu did pat a Pooh doll on the head in his room for good fortune before the competition. (“I’m sure he was cheering for me,” he said.) 

Knowing how superstitious Yuzu can be, I'm so relieved that he was able to pat a Pooh before skating!  :)

3 minutes ago, Bilge said:

"His Majesty King Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan Planet Hanyu

https://twitter.com/dmscott/status/964587929443225600

ftfy

:5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1:

Spoiler

Some Pooh minions had troubles with the sweet cream recipe used for the Prime Minister's soul cake and ended up erasing some images from the archives of the Daily Spread Eagle. It was long overdue a cleanup and some more images were added+format fixed so please come and read. Feel free to leave your comments :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:!!

maybe i should move this to a blog :rofl:

Hace 1 hora, hamaguri said:

About Boston, I havent the slightest concern with it.  The situation is totally different.

At that time, he suffered from serious injury and filled with anxiety.  He had D10 incident.  He had the barrier between him and Brian. brabrabra...

He learned a lot and his team sincerely support his mental recovery and he really appreciate it and lead to a closer tie between them.

After Boston, shirota-san (ANA skating club manager) joined to support him and it worked well.

Looking back 2016 and 2015 Worlds, landslide lead seems not to be good.  It gives the leader unnecessary pressure?  Im not sure.

A close gap of this time would be useful to keep good tension, I think. 

Totally agree. Besides he said that stamina after two months off-ice was one of his main concerns, so he is aware of it and surely has worked on it. According to Brian he was doing 2-3 full run-throughs each day. 

Ngl after seeing his starting number I thought immediately about B*****n, but actually he was second  in the last group then, his least favoutite number. Anyway I think it is not a good idea to interpolate that heartberaking experience to what we have right now, I'd say the situation is quite opposite. Please, let's stay positive y send good vibes to Yuzu! Whatever happens tomorrow I wish him to have "dream perfomance on a dream stage".