General Yuzuru Chat

:offtopic: guys how do I insert a picture from e.g. my laptop/phone? I can insert from a URL, but not sure how to just insert a picture? Keep finding Yuzuru stuff I want to share randomly on the net and can't actually put it in a post.... 

Also apologies to mods, I wasn't sure where to ask this :tumblr_m9gcrtET5W1qzckow:

Thank you @MrPudding!! Kamsahamida! 

6 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

:offtopic: guys how do I insert a picture from e.g. my laptop/phone? I can insert from a URL, but not sure how to just insert a picture? Keep finding Yuzuru stuff I want to share randomly on the net and can't actually put it in a post.... 

Also apologies to mods, I wasn't sure where to ask this :tumblr_m9gcrtET5W1qzckow:

you have to use imgur or any the photo sharing website

Guys, thanks a lot, you're my go-to place to cheer up, and it definitely works! (I failed in my last chance at retaking exam today, so I needed it a bit-looots papework awaiting me because of that. The positive is that the first thing I thought getting out of the slump was "I hope Yuzu has a good rest, I'm sucking up all the bad luck and negativity for him now!" [I also got a Yuzu Knee-jerk reaction at a failure, two out of the three tabs I have opened rn are latin, my next and last exam-gotta ace it as a revenge :biggrin: Look how this man changed me for better...]) :POOH:

Spoiler
6 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I wondered the same ... OMFG, Yuzu !!! Everybody is whining abt the cold and look at Yuzu wearing his jacket like is spring or something ... wth

Compared to -20 in Toronto (was it -20 or -30?) I guess -10 plus sun is Spring for him...

3 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

UK media is odd - not much coverage but what there is goes against what one might logically expect.  As @Fay pointed out a few days ago the 'quality' newspaper the Guardian is all out for Nathan Chen, might as well hand over the medal now, quick reference to Yuzuru, and it's a two horse race.  The dreadful tabloid rag that my mother reads, the Daily Mail, today covers yesterday's practice and press conference in a reasonable, sensible fashion and mentions Uno,Fernandez, Chen and Jin.  I noticed the same thing over the GP.  Weird....

It's easier to get into tabloid, and once you get yourself in, you can write whatever you want, as long as you don't lower the sales, so it's easier to do decent writing as long as you're a decent person. If you write for estabilished name on the other hand, you have to keep it this estabilished name-like, and you probably won't get fired because who wants to search for another journalist and put your 'decent name' label over him if you can keep your maybe not decent, but writers you know you can make write whatever you want. Freelancers also usually are more enthusiastic about what they do, so maybe that's it?

3 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

Since we're on the topic.... What do you guys think about Japanese media? I get the feeling they might be Yuzu heavy, and also mention shoma obviously, but do they cover the other big six at all?

They like Nathan because being on good terms with usa is a good strategy (not good enough to give him 1-2 place obviously, that's for Shoma and Yuzu or Yuzu and Shoma, depending on the region you're looking at), Javi was a big shot back in 14-16 and I think they sometimes still bring him up as Yuzu's rinkmate and the one who partially made Yuzu want to train with Brian (I think Nam got similar treatment after he got to jWorlds in his second year with Brian?). Boyang is only ever featured in the "beginning of true quad era" type of narratives (but then again, mostly only jpn media actually give him that), Patrick...dropped off the face of Earth after Sochi for them lol. I think he is only mentioned in those bunch comparisions, a la who has most beautiful edges/ what X thinks of the top Male skaters a'la this latest Takahashi interwiev? That's only my impression tho, from the news and snippets I hear and read after somebody post them on YT/social media, so it's definitely biased.

3 hours ago, MrPudding said:

:LOL:

Master of Disguise

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

You guys! My YouTube recommendations just won everything! Tiny baby does Phantom!

I was about to say next Yuzuru Hanyu in 20 years, but you guys have better idea for him <3

7 hours ago, Sammie said:

So close! His face look so fresh and nice  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:Was he thinking while looking up or found something more interesting up there then the questions..  :laughing:

[Sad weeping]

5 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

.. Also, listening with proper volume, I think the mumbled bit after Thank you was in German! (Why no Spanish, Yuzu? Just what was Javi doing during 14 hours of flying? :P)

I would have died so while a part of me was sad, the other one was grateful because he allowed me to live a bit longer 😂