General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

That didn't look like the competition rink to me though. Do they have a separate rink at the venue for practice or something?

I read somewhere that there is a practice rink on a level below the competition rink.  The arena in Helsinki had a similar arrangement.

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

What's this? :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

I remember this article. I think I still have it in my closet!

They are almost same age (Miho is a year older,) but she had already skated in Olympics, so Yuzu is calling her "senpai" and asking her many questions regarding Olympics here.

Happy Miho finally won an Olympic medal because she has been fighting with the pressure since she was a junior high school student. Hope Yuzu will have a great Olympics too.

One of the topics in this article I often recall is their dialects. Miho is from Hokkaido and Hokkaido shares some part of their culture and dialect with Tohoku, where Yuzu lived. So they are talking about their dialects too. There is a word "いづい izui" which means uncomfortable, ill-fitting, awkward, etc. used both in Hokkaido and Tohoku. Yuzu is saying that when he says "いづい" to Brian he says "easy?", which actually means opposite of いづい. At the end of the article, he says that he definitely wants to compete at Olympics and get a result which is not いづい.

There might be a translation of this article somewhere since it's old.

7 часов назад, Yatagarasu сказал:

Yes, that's new but we're here:

All practice talk etc goes there! :thanks:

Why do we need to leave this place? I do not want to leave, I like this place. This is the place for Yuzuru. I want to read about him here. I do not want to search for information about him in the general group. What a strange idea ?? :slinkaway:

5 minutes ago, Marinn said:

Why do we need to leave this place? I do not want to leave, I like this place. This is the place for Yuzuru. I want to read about him here. I do not want to search for information about him in the general group. What a strange idea ?? :slinkaway:

For Yuzuru informations we have Yuzuru news thread, for the Olys talks there is Olys thread, since in Olys topics that might afloat not all of them will regard Yuzu (I know, I know,  blasphemy :D), and general thread is already mid-second millenia (holly molly, guys, we've crossed 2500 and I didn't even notice :P), so to make sure Mods aren't flooded with Off Topic post reports we're moving there.
Come on, it's fine, plus we have (short)cake! :pancake: <-couldn't find other gift with cake, sorry!

1 minute ago, Aotoshiro said:

come on, it's fine, plus we have (short)cake! :pancake: <-couldn't find other gift with cake, sorry!

so the first competition of the season is pancake

I guess we need a shortcake for the climax of the season then

@hydroblade (me calls in an echoing voice :rofl:)

*we'll save worlds as the finale of the season for later :P