General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Actually, if they don't do any training in Seoul - and from Jack's schedule it seems they might not - it's definitely better to get the trip to Gangneung done now, then get tired again on the next days... I do think he'll be quite ninja in the village, though...

Thinking about it I think the schedule will be too tight if they stay in Seoul - its only like 3 days?? till the actual event and time to acclimatize to the ice would probably helpful

Also - the more he travels and the more he's around in public places like airports - more chances for media to find him LOL so yeah, probably better to get the trip done now :)

1 minute ago, randomanon said:

Thinking about it I think the schedule will be too tight if they stay in Seoul - its only like 3 days?? till the actual event and time to acclimatize to the ice would probably helpful

Also - the more he travels and the more he's around in public places like airports - more chances for media to find him LOL so yeah, probably better to get the trip done now :)

Yes, to all of that. The only problem is that 40 minutes a day practice is very little compared to what he's used to. So I was thinking he might skip practice on days when it's not on the main rink, and go to the Seoul rink I assume JSF has rented and spend more time practicing there. But who knows... maybe Brian will actually advise taking it easier and focusing on just those 40 minutes. Saying that the intense training is done, now he just has to maintain shape and figure out his condition and such.

16 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I think he complained about the early morning, but I've heard numerous complaints about the ice from elsewhere..

He probably also texts Kobayashi + other people in Team Japan and they've probably heard more about the complaints than us

Skaters love the ice (many said it was soft and good) but I did see comments about the state of the ice on the 9th (not sure if by skaters themselves or just speculation), possibly related to speed skating having taken place there earlier? No such complaints today, though.

1 minute ago, YH7892 said:

No one was complaining about the ice, I guess. What i've read was a complained about the early schedule for the competition, and skaters were not used to it.

Watching team events i thought the ice looks/feels fine. I didn't notice skaters struggling on it beside the mistakes they made by being emotional.

1 minute ago, b138oo said:

Will there be any video of Yuzu’s 1st practice?? It’s been so long since I last saw him on the ice so even watching him just going around the ice would be awesome 

Unless he asks it not to be, I'm pretty sure there will be...