General Yuzuru Chat

hace 36 minutos , PapiandPooh421 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wow! You have smaller!? :eeking:

Guys have you seen this. (spoiler for your own mental health) 

Reveal hidden contents

😒😒😒

I have seen something on Twitter and now I see where it comes from. So it is Japanese media? They really should learn from US.

6 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

PLEASE BE MRS SHIROTA ALL YEAR LONG :rofl:

@yude translated a few more things from Shirota's book, aside from this, at GS. For example, and I'm quoting her here:

・There were 3 options for choosing Yuzuru's training base in overseas, Toronto Cricket Club, Detroit Skating Club, and Colorado Springs.
Shirota picked these three and talked over with Yuzuru and his family, and decided to go to Toronto because it was the safest place in terms of dealing with asthma. Detroit might have been good since Yuka Sato was there, which would have made Yuzuru train easier with no language barrier, but if Yuzuru had asthma attacks, his family would have been in trouble without a car (they didn't have driver's license then). Colorado Springs was well known for the computer analysis of the jumps by the coach, Christy Krall, but the land was high altitude and not good for his health. Shirota was relieved that Yuzuru chose Toronto because she had also lived in Toronto before, so she could introduce her acquaintances to him.

If Javi had told Brian he didn't want to train with Yuzu... we might have had Patrick & Yuzu instead! :laughing:

4 minutes ago, xeyra said:

@yude translated a few more things from Shirota's book, aside from this, at GS. For example, and I'm quoting her here:

If Javi had told Brian he didn't want to train with Yuzu... we might have had Patrick & Yuzu instead! :laughing:

then what would've happen to Canada gold lol :rofl:

1 hour ago, Danibellerika said:

I've paid more to fly to Cali from DC than I paid to fly to Helsinki. I think Europe is just super cheap. 

It’s actually relatively cheap to fly from the east coast to Europe (I found this out as I was trying to see if a connection to Helsinki from the east coast to CA would be cheaper). 

Flights from west coast to Europe are expensive :( Although flights to Vancouver are reasonable for me, and I can also fly to Portland in about 1.5 hours and drive 2 hours to get to Vancouver. 

3 minutes ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

Ooops sorry. I don't know. I'll just delete this one. 

It's okay, no worries. But certain things in JPN media are probably better off discussed in other threads, for one's mental health. :laughing:

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

Thank goodness the stars aligned and conditions were perfect to choose TCC.. (Yuzu probably already decided on TCC even before it was offered as an option :biggrin:)....

"decided to go to Toronto because it was the safest place in terms of dealing with asthma."

This didn't turn out to be the case in his first year there :13877886:.

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

Now I'm tempted to buy this one, too... >_<

2 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Thank goodness the stars aligned and conditions were perfect to choose TCC.. (Yuzu probably already decided on TCC even before it was offered as an option :biggrin:)....

This didn't turn out to be the case in his first year there :13877886:.

My impression had always been that it was Yuzu who wanted TCC and it's the first time I hear there were other options and that they were given to him by Shirota. Then again, Yuzu said he liked TCC after reading about the club and its facilities, so it could be that the reading was of whatever Shirota had provided... (then again it's not the first time we have information that doesn't seem to fit what we knew before).

And I think he was bound to have health problems adjusting to a new environment no matter what, but maybe in Toronto they were less bad than they would have been elsewhere... Who knows... But I can't imagine how he would have worked with other coaches... Or how he would have performed without someone like Javi to motivate and help him get the images he needed when training. (Then again I'm not sure what other skaters were at the other clubs. But I doubt Patrick would have worked as well as Javi...)

(and a bit OT, I had a little heart attack at Hydro's reaction to the wedding dress, as I saw that before seeing what the post was about and thought "Oh, sh..., bad news?!" :13877886:I guess I'm more panicky than I thought...)