General Yuzuru Chat

Where did you guys get the idea that Phil Hersh doesn't like Yuzu? I've never had that impression. He's said some wonderful things about him over the years.

Unlike hack Christine Brennan, Phil's done a good job of covering figure skating. As an American journalist, he's been pretty much alone in doing that here.

I haven't posted in a long time because the past weeks have been devastating for me. On top of worrying about Yuzu hearing pessimistic news about him, one of the people I loved most commited suicide last month. Jonghyun brought so much happiness and strength to my life. It's been so hard to cope with losing him and seeing my favorite group suffering deeply.

The first SHINee concert since Jonghyun's death will be on February 17th... which is the same day as the Men's FS at Pyeongchang- the day the OGM winner will be defined. I'm scared that day will be too stressful and emotionally exhausting for me, and I don't know how I'll deal with everything happening at the same time without breaking down.

I know that second OGM is Yuzu's dream and he's worked hard his entire life for it, so it breaks my heart that he's had to deal with many hardships this season. Whether he wins or loses is not my main concern anymore, though. I just hope the pressure and stress isn't affecting his mental health. I hope he knows that his worth and our pride and love for him is unchangeable.

4 hours ago, SydneyH said:

he's just going insane that all :peekapooh:

4 hours ago, MrPudding said:

He can't keep his inner fanyu for long :mischief:

Turned his time machine and Phil Hersh from the time Yuzu was 'Young, utstanding, fresh' rising star hacked the 'he's past his glory time' Phil Hersh, maybe?

Also, agreed with Forcefield on the topic on putting stuff under spoiler

Also, I've checked off enough points on @Fay's translation of that psychologist's Champion Criteria to award Yuzu +3 GOE-is that enough I wonder?

2 hours ago, GreatLakesGal said:

Where did you guys get the idea that Phil Hersh doesn't like Yuzu? I've never had that impression. He's said some wonderful things about him over the years.

Unlike hack Christine Brennan, Phil's done a good job of covering figure skating. As an American journalist, he's been pretty much alone in doing that here.

I actually don’t think Phil dislikes Yuzu but he’s said some questionable things about figure skating. I think his recent comment about Japanese fans being partisan just demonstrates how little he knows and understands of the sport and it’s fans. I’d be shocked if he’s actually talked to any Japanese fans or is even able to identify a Japanese from a Chinese one or an Asian-American. Couple that with his comment about Canadian Nationals and the inflation the US Nationals not being out of hand this year just shows he either doesn’t follow this sport very deeply or he’s got major national bias that he’s not willing to admit during the Olympic hype. 

2 hours ago, GreatLakesGal said:

I agree completely and don’t understand people’s comments. I sometimes cringe when reading Phil’s blog and see comments from Yuzuru ubers. Phil Hersh is a respected journalist who is rare among sportswriters in covering figure skating. He has been much more balanced than many American sports commentators.  I also think Jackie Wong is very fair and he’s had to face attacks from Yuzuru ubers as well. 

1 hour ago, Aotoshiro said:

Just dropping by to help I think @WinForPooh and anybody else drying out in wait for new Yuzuru axels- this vid starts with almost half a minute of Axels from across different competition programs of Yuzu. You're welcome.

His 3As are the best !

i saw  movie yesterday and there was this coach describing the difficulty of jumping a good 3A and I was thinking to myself “ Yuzu jumps the most beautiful and difficult 3A and makes it look very elegant and effortless !”

That’s ma boy !:knc_brian1:

Thanks for this amazing video !

2 hours ago, Aotoshiro said:

Just dropping by to help I think @WinForPooh and anybody else drying out in wait for new Yuzuru axels- this vid starts with almost half a minute of Axels from across different competition programs of Yuzu. You're welcome.

He really suits that music. Chills over here! (Can't wait to see Waka again!)

I made a compilation of last season's 3As but can't post it here. PM me anyone who might want it.