General Yuzuru Chat

i'm starting to get so worried and anxious abt his condition. i used to be optimistic but can't help the anxiety. he usually bombs his 1st comp after a long break and olys will be his first after months and coming back from injury. maybe doing the team event is a good idea but i'm also worried that he might get burn out and 😥 gosh hope he and his team are working tgt to produce beautiful results

1 hour ago, ainjxx said:

i'm starting to get so worried and anxious abt his condition. i used to be optimistic but can't help the anxiety. he usually bombs his 1st comp after a long break and olys will be his first after months and coming back from injury. maybe doing the team event is a good idea but i'm also worried that he might get burn out and 😥 gosh hope he and his team are working tgt to produce beautiful results

I don't think 'bombs' is right here.  Actually, since his breakout season of 2013/14 Yuzu has won his initial competition (with the exception of this season's ACI, where he came in second).  Everybody who's feeling discouraged because of this very lengthy period of uncertainty should remember that Yuzu has battled back from disaster before.  He came back after he almost left skating because of the 2011 earthquake.  He came back after all the adversity of the crash and the 4th place NHK in 2014 to win the GPF by some 35 points and came in just points short of setting a FS world record.  He came back last season after his fifth place SP at Worlds by winning it with a world-record FS.  It seems to me that Yuzu, when the chips are down and he is at a real disadvantage, seems to tap into some hidden reservoir and comes out of it better than ever.  I remember what this NBC commentator after Yuzu's FS at World's last season said - Just when you think he can't get any better he proves you wrong.  Remember that - just when you think he can't get any better he does do better.

1 hour ago, ainjxx said:

Calming remainder (also, trigger warning for older fans-sorryyyy...:facepalm:) that after he was off-ice after Boston for more than two months, where he was basically starting learning jumps from zero (a thing that most likely won't repeat itself here, with the right conditioning he should stabilize up to triples in a week-two I think?), he came out and, while of course not delivering his preferred ideal skate, wet and landed first 4Lo in history. After a situation where instead of kuyashii he had mostly uncertainty whether he will be able to skate again or not. Here, at least he KNOWS he will skate again, he has had ankle problems before (which could be a drawback orz but experience-wise, it's not new) and came back from them, so at least he can focus on that and not on the I don't even know if I touch the ice competively feel he probably had after Boston.

And, well...it's not like Japanese men are prone to giving in to injury, even grave ones, as one certain Yuzu fanboy has shown on the Nationals this year.

So, let's leave worrying to his actual doctors and help them with what we can help-Yuzu (and his fans) support!And if we can't do that, at least we can spam skating gods with :snonegai::snonegai::snonegai::snonegai::snonegai::snonegai:...

3 hours ago, ainjxx said:

I understand that concern, but nobody has counted Yuzu out, and I'm sure Yuzu isn't counting himself out. Just doesn't seem to be a part of his DNA.  No matter what happens though, February has not defined him until this point and the result there won't define him. We know what he's been up against and we know he's given this sport 200% of himself. 

Am I the only person who finds it highly ironic and hilarious that our memelord has cat versions if himself on twitter, yet based on asian zodiac, he's actually a dog? 

Where are the Yuzu and dogs/puppies version? 

37 minutes ago, Xen said:

Am I the only person who finds it highly ironic and hilarious that our memelord has cat versions if himself on twitter, yet based on asian zodiac, he's actually a dog? 

Where are the Yuzu and dogs/puppies version? 

Yuzu doesn't care, he's said he's more like a cat hahaha

Am here to add my shallow comment that the shape of Hanyu's eyes seem cat-like and mischievous. First time I see someone that's not a cartoon with such curve shaped eyes. I love his eyes so much. :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

If he's not smiling the first thing I look at Hanyu is his expressive eyes and ngl I spend some time staring at them in his photos.

38 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Took a quick look at the article. Not only do I love her for the Purple Yuzu Prince promo, but for once there's an article that doesn't focus on FS costumes or how "unsporty" or "gay" figure skating is or the other "it" thing in FS to argue about which is artistry vs athleticism. Thus promoting Figure Skating for the Olympics by taking up another angle making good points for the Casual viewers - hurrah.

One of my friends is at Nats watching practices right now and she was kind enough to get an Edea card for me. Only one type for Yuzu was there she said. She also got Mirai (who had 2) and Dennis V for me. But anyway, they've at least updated it to include his latest world title. But they don't list all his GPF wins.  Is 2013-2016 so hard to write?  The formatting in general isn't consistent. "World Champion 2014 2017", but "World Silver Medalist 2015 & 2016" right below it? But I won't complain...much.  I'm just happy there's a little Seimei in the house and I'll take it and put it with my Helsinki ones :smiley-happy085: (which were a lot more hard-earned to get a copy of I must say; we had to wait in line for up to 20 minutes and they kept running out!)

1685puf.jpg