General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Does Yuzu tend to heal slowly? Is it more serious then they really told us? Boyang sprain both ankles, did SA and got an inflammation of the bone WD from Nationals but right now is skating at 80 percent almost back to himself. I have to admit I’m getting nervous and anxious.  One more month and half to go  :13877886:

Someone please slap some sense into me.  :snapoutofit: 

A month and 8 days actually, considering he's doing the TE SP. I'm so helpful with that anxiety, right? :biggrin:

And well. We don't know how he's feeling right now as we don't get that type of information from his camp. Also about Boyang, it's best not to compare, especially as well, how to put this, Federations aren't always the most honest about some things, you know? I certainly hope Boyang's doing well, but we'll see. You saw how it was with Zhenya. We knew she was injured from other sources but the officials played mum for so long. 

Anyway, about Yuzuru, since his jumps do come back quickly, while I agree that it's doubtful he's doing full blown run-throughs right now, I actually would not be surprised he's already close to the 4T mark (I don't think Yuzuru really does doubles, unless he has to try and squeeze in a 2T/Lo). Of course, being able to jump that, and being able to skate a full blown free skate with 4 or 5 quads (I am genuinely wondering if we'll see H&L layout back) is still somewhat apart. He has to get his stamina back too. But considering the date, knock on wood his recovery is going well. And there's no reason to think it isn't! Just hang in there, it'll be just fine! 

41 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Seriously though, how come no director has yet bought the rights to film his biography? It doesn't even have to be called 'based on', he has a perfect mix of drama, pain, and protagonist always coming out on top in his life, EVEN WITH SPARKLES FOR ADDED EFFECT. Is it too perfect of a mix for scenario of a bestseller??Maybe there is no proper actor, but y'know, the kid technically has filming experience...

And I will be 100% voting to nominate it for Oscar.

If I watched such a movie without knowing Yuzu or that it is based on true events I would be the first to slam it for being over exaggerated and unrealistic :laughing:  When you think of all he's gone through it really is like an overdramatic movie that would make me roll my eyes every time they introduce a plot twist

To think that this is his reality and that he has come back after every set back is really admirable :bow:

So I finally added my pictures from ACI to the forum gallery.  I know some of us have been racking our brain on what Yuzu's height could be. I got a pic with Javi at ACI which could maybe help.  I'm 5'7 (or 170cm).  I had thinner tennis shoes on that day and so did Javi so that slight elevation in height could cancel out.   He's a little taller than me so he is definitely over 5'7.  It's just a matter of where Yuzu is in relation to that.  

I'm a bit late to the party but Happy new year everyone! :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

I wanna start off with saying that I'm so thankful to have discovered Yuzu and figure skating this year, although very late....
I never thought that this one sport (aka yuzu) would bring me all this sort of emotions, but it's still the best thing that has happened to me this year.

I'm so happy i found this planet, you guys are so funny and awesome! I can't believe i even got to see yuzu only within a few months after getting to know about him, and also even meeting some of you guys! I was really happy during these days and it felt like we were one big family :10742289::tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw::tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

And it still feels unreal!???
I feel like it's really a privilege to get know yuzu and being able to watch him live :')

May 2018 be a year fillled with happiness for Yuzu and everyone here!:0006:<3<3

(Wow this is the longest post i've ever made xD)

5 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Talk about momentum, or lack thereof, certainly has merit but I think this bit is very true. If the TE goes well, knock on wood and everything really, then I expect the buzz to really pick up. He has a buzz of his own, simply by being who he is, which is a tremendous help but it can be elevated much higher, if he shows signs of being ready for the individual. In that case, it's actually a bit of a media/PR wet dream tbh. A defending Olympic champion, reigning World Champion, who started the season by breaking his own World Record only to be cruelly stopped by injury, while attempting a quad Lutz, a new jump, that he has added in order to fight the young guns. 

A tale of hardship and success, all wrapped up in a mysterious package of space kitten meets Japanese warrior of old, and an attempt to replicate something that hasn't been done in decades. (The US media probably adding something like - young lion Nathan Chan will try to stop this force of nature....)
Tune in at 8PM to see the story unfold. 

Or you know, basically, it writes itself. Until then I think NBC will be focusing on Nathan, plus the younger guys, though admittedly their own momentum isn't exactly what it might have been, and what I too had expected, prior to the GPF. In that sense, it kind of played out well for Yuzuru.

If he does what he did in the Sochi team event at PC, the media will be fever pitch because you're 100% right - the story writes itself and, well, movie writers couldn't have dreamt up a more movie-like Olympic scenario going into the Mens event if it happens. I actually don't know if it'll be a good or bad thing but it'd be comparable to post NHK 2015 pressure except concentrated in a handful of days. So uh...make of that what you will (which is why I'm kind of nervous about him going into the team event but I'll be anxious either way so I'm just accepting this). But we just need to temper our expectations and accept whatever happens. This season has proved we can't predict anything lmao

Look what came in the mail...

dldBJEo.jpg

6ZtWXRz.jpg

HL1MVVJ.jpg

uhmm i think for the PH buttons, i sent them the wrong image bc the bg didnt appear? haha. and also they're a lot bigger than i expected, and are kind of obnoxiously large, LOL. But oh well. I love how the Chopin ones turned out. The Seimei ina bauer one is a little over-exposed, eh. but workable. Yay buttons :tumblr_m9ralgqmho1qdlkyg:

19 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

I'll take them all.  I think I've accumulated enough buttons to look like a girl scout with all her badges. Maybe I should start working on a vest :P

My skating bag functions like a vest. *hands you a skate guard* En guarde to see who gets those buttons!

9 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

So I finally added my pictures from ACI to the forum gallery.  I know some of us have been racking our brain on what Yuzu's height could be. I got a pic with Javi at ACI which could maybe help.  I'm 5'7 (or 170cm).  I had thinner tennis shoes on that day and so did Javi so that slight elevation in height could cancel out.   He's a little taller than me so he is definitely over 5'7.  It's just a matter of where Yuzu is in relation to that.  

the squishh

27 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

I'll take them all.  I think I've accumulated enough buttons to look like a girl scout with all her badges. Maybe I should start working on a vest :P

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

My skating bag functions like a vest. *hands you a skate guard* En guarde to see who gets those buttons!

Be prepared for more buttons... I finished 4 designs over the holidays :laughing:.

30 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'm nothing if not a sharer. Sharing is caring.  :P

22 minutes ago, kiches said:

Be prepared for more buttons... I finished 4 designs over the holidays :laughing:.

Oh I never had a doubt you'd be right on top of things. :laughing:

28 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

the squishh

:10636614:

2 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

I'm nothing if not a sharer. Sharing is caring.  :P

Well I'm actually not going to PyeongChang, so I will have to wait. Hope all the buttons find nice homes! With lots of love and Ghana-so-sweet-it-burns-hot chocolate. =D

him doing both team sp & fs is really worrying me because of possibility of him burning out because the gap bet team sp & fs with men's singles sp & fs is just a few days. hoping that they can make the best decision because whatever happens next month, i feel like i'm gonna cry. but i hope it'll be tears of joy