General Yuzuru Chat

8 分, Hydrobladeさんが言いました:

I think he does that a lot during interviews, but he has become a lot more fluent so i'm thinking he's starting to go beyond the japanese--> english route and starting to actually think in english what he wants to say.

He does the J->E thing more during press conferences. On-the-spot interviews is when he doesn't have time for that and has to go with whatever pops into his head, "regret" being one of them. "Happy" is another. So any improvements he may have in his English, this is likely where we'll be able to see and hear it most easily.

Just now, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

He does the J->E thing more during press conferences. On-the-spot interviews is when he doesn't have time for that and has to go with whatever pops into his head. So any improvements he may have in his English, this is likely where we'll be able to see it the most easily.

You know where we can see that too? On the K&C. I feel like he's nearing his usual speed when he talks to Brian there, although his vocabulary is still lacking haha

20 分, Hydrobladeさんが言いました:

You know where we can see that too? On the K&C. I feel like he's nearing his usual speed when he talks to Brian there, although his vocabulary is still lacking haha

I'm feeling generous so I'll believe his vocab is probably quite decent by now. But being able to use them at the drop of a hat requires a person to be speaking the newer language beyond their training environment and watching things that are beyond what's shown on Japanese TV. 

Speaking of k&c, there are some things he's said during that I have to decipher still to really get. And there are some which I still don't quite get. Like, do you remember that time at the K&C at Helsinki after his FS? The last thing we heard him say to Brian and Tracy before the focus switched was, "But I have to get more ten points, right?" To this day, I'm still not sure if he meant he could still get another 10 points beyond the scores he got that day (like does he seriously think he could do that much better than he did to think that he fell short of perfection by 10 whole points?), or if he meant that he thought he would've gotten 10 points higher than what he did. Lol. I'm leaning more towards the former but the latter doesn't seem impossible either, given the circumstances behind that score. 

1 minute ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I'm feeling generous so I'll believe his vocab is probably quite decent by now. But being able to use them at the drop of a hat requires a person to be speaking the newer language beyond their training environment and watching things that are beyond what's shown on Japanese TV. 

Speaking of k&c, there are some things he's said during that I have to decipher still to really get. And there are some which I still don't quite get. Like, do you remember that time at the K&C at Helsinki after his FS? The last thing we heard him say to Brian and Tracy was, "But I have to get more ten points, right?". To this day, I'm still not sure if he meant he could still get another 10 points beyond the scores he got that day (like does he seriously think he could do that much better than he did to think that he fell short of perfection by 10 whole points?), or if he meant that he thought he would've gotten 10 points higher than what he did. Lol.

He's lived in Canada for a while now, so yeah, i think he has improved but not to the point where he can use it confidently.

Lol, i think that maybe they have to think about what he just said too, but that he is starting to speak fast makes me think he's feeling a lot more comfortable with english now. I personally find those weird things he says endearing because he's trying so hard, i awww a lot (i feel bad for that but i can't help it:10636614:)

15 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Speaking of k&c, there are some things he's said during that I have to decipher still to really get. And there are some which I still don't quite get. Like, do you remember that time at the K&C at Helsinki after his FS? The last thing we heard him say to Brian and Tracy before the focus switched was, "But I have to get more ten points, right?" To this day, I'm still not sure if he meant he could still get another 10 points beyond the scores he got that day (like does he seriously think he could do that much better than he did to think that he fell short of perfection by 10 whole points?), or if he meant that he thought he would've gotten 10 points higher than what he did. Lol. I'm leaning more towards the former but the latter doesn't seem impossible either, given the circumstances behind that score. 

Maybe he meant he needed more than 10 points to catch up with the leader in the SP?

12 分, katoniceさんが言いました:

Maybe he meant he needed more than 10 points to catch up with the leader in the SP?

See, it could also be interpreted this way. Though I doubt this was what he meant cos this was after the FS, when his total score was already announced. Maybe he meant he needed 10 more points to the total itself to be really sure of victory because it was still possible he could be overtaken. Whatever he meant, we'll never really know for sure. >_<

2 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

"Please don't ruin him." <-- I don't get this. Like, why would she say that? Is she asking for him to not break the kid with overly Spartan methods?

I have seen it being translated as "please don't reject me" as in asking him not to reject her request of him teaching Yuzu once she leave.

37 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

See, it could also be interpreted this way. Though I doubt this was what he meant cos this was after the FS, when his total score was already announced. Maybe he meant he needed 10 more points to the total itself to be really sure of victory because it was still possible he could be overtaken. Whatever he meant, we'll never really know for sure. >_<

If I remembered correctly, he also said this after hugging Tracy just before the interview/ceremony, certainly after his victory was announced, so I think it is less of him catching up to the leader of competition, and more of him catching up or breaking his total score WR. 

Oops, I just went back and checked, and he said the "I have to practice more" after the hugging moment. So the "but I have to get more ten points right?" was only in the K&C. Well, I always thought it was of breaking his total score WR since his total score of 321 was just announced, so that's the first thought that came up to my mind. I mean, ten points seem to be quite specific and more associated with his WR than with anything else (maybe also the difference in score between his and Javi after SP), and he would not know how the others would be scored after his performance to know he needed ten more points to affirm his victory. (But then Brian contradicted my line of thought with his "yeah... it's not over until it's over" so now I am confused. >.<)

1 hour ago, katonice said:

I’m almost positive he was talking about the gap between his SP score and Javi’s. Basically he needed to overcome their 10 point difference to lead overall. Basically he was trying to say “but I need to get more than 10 points [to overcome the SP lead]”. 

10 minutes ago, kiches said:

I’m almost positive he was talking about the gap between his SP score and Javi’s. Basically he needed to overcome their 10 point difference to lead overall. Basically he was trying to say “but I need to get more than 10 points [to overcome the SP lead]”. 

Actually, I've always thought he meant he needed 10 more points to break his own total score record, being the perfectionist he is. I never thought he was talking about the SP lead Javi had.