General Yuzuru Chat

6 分, Hydrobladeさんが言いました:

It reminded me a bit of his "kuyashii gold" from Sochi too.

Though honestly i shared it because i remembered youngRomeo stealing the spotlight from the actual World Champion by shining like a thousand suns :P

Haha, I meant if he manages to win with clean skates (one could dream), whoever gets silver ought to feel like they won gold instead because they'd have measured up the closest against perfection. Only if the guy not just manages to win, but manages to win the way he said he wants to, of course.

6 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

someone please take me to Milan, i want to die by swanning:tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

ETA: I came across this haha and couldn't help remembering this bb:

rj2-b.png

But also :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::

Thanks for sharing! Several really interesting things articulated in here.

I remember BOrser saying in a CBC pre-Sochi(?) docu that it took him more than a decade before he could watch his silver medal performances - I think it’s definitely true that the kuyashii is greater the closer you are to the gold medal. Yuzu is one of the rare guys whose first response to gold was kuyashii lol and clearly continued to be a caveat for him after. Which is quite powerful because it suggests there wasn’t any doubt he COULD win the gold and that he was focused at least equally as much on the way he won. That level of perfectionism saddens me a bit only because I feel like it means he is rarely satisfied with himself but it’s probably also what spurs him to keep improving so

OH Brian. I can understand the not wanting to watch the Calgary long program but he won both the short and long programs in Sarajevo and should be proud of those.... but, yes, when you are a perfectionist and expect so much of yourself.. and you're so close... his success to others felt like a failure to himself... the 2 are very similar in many (not all) ways re: how they approached skating, which is yet another reason why Brian is the coach for Yuzu.

22 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Yuzu is one of the rare guys whose first response to gold was kuyashii lol and clearly continued to be a caveat for him after. Which is quite powerful because it suggests there wasn’t any doubt he COULD win the gold and that he was focused at least equally as much on the way he won. That level of perfectionism saddens me a bit only because I feel like it means he is rarely satisfied with himself but it’s probably also what spurs him to keep improving so

Going by the paper, it might be related to his desire to keep on going and improving, because of his ideal of a perfect skate:

Indeed, it has been shown that people who expect to perform again in the future are more likely to generate upward counterfactuals than those who expect to move on.

Hello , I just found this interview and it's really interesting for me, I wanna ask about his Lunge move, in this interview he said his Lunge is a little bit different than normal Lunge, as an amateur FS fan I wanna know more..........:10636614::tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

http://www.japanskates.com/interviews/Yuzuru_Finlandia2012_interview_en.htm

Japan Skates has been covering 2012 THE ICE: Mao/Kanako/Taka/Yuzuru/TAKAHASHI-TRAN mixed zone interviews, and reviews

http://japanskates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=87

4 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

It is kinda funny how the Korean media chose this picture of Yuzu to match their title for him as the "winter's emperor". The intimidativeness of the title was defeated by the picture of smiling boy posing cutely lol.:rofl:

is that a cropped selfie of him and a korean skater back when they were juniors?

6 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

It is kinda funny how the Korean media chose this picture of Yuzu to match their title for him as the "winter's emperor". The intimidativeness of the title was defeated by the picture of smiling boy posing cutely lol.:rofl:

Well, I just find it interesting that each country is in charge of hyping up their own skaters, like USA > Nathan for OGM and Japan is all "H3ll yea, let's go for that 1st and 2nd place finish on the podium with 2 OGM contenders" and then there's S. Korea, home of this upcoming Olympics, and they're like "Fck the rest, we know which guy really sells tickets. We're going to hype up Yuzu without anyone telling us to" Conclusion: King Yuzu. Yuzu is the boss. The real deal. :smiley-cool14: