General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, katonice said:

Someone better at translating please correct me if I'm wrong here, but according to Kobayashi san Yuzu is still aiming for Japan Nats. However, they will continue to communicate with him to see how his condition is after 2 weeks and see if he can really participate.  

They said the same thing about Satoko 2 weeks before Worlds as well....

Aaaaaaannd now I'm sad. Half of me was already kind of expecting this sort of news considering we heard nothing and got zero footage of him despite the ten days passing, but the more hopeful half of me was thinking maybe he was just too focused on training to report.

Nationals seem like a problem now. He shouldn't push himself but we all know that missing out on both the GPF and Nationals won't be good, especially before the Olympics. Both for physical and mental reasons. Guess all we can do at this point though is pray for him.

I think the timing of that interview is because Shoma didn't win GPF. They put a reminder out there about who the World champion is, and that he's on track for the Olympics. And possibly nationals, though I hope he does not compete if he's not in good enough condition yet. I said a while back that if Nathan beats Shoma at the GPF, we might see the JSF suddenly talking about Yuzu a bit more.

We wanted news, we've got some. It's not as good as we wanted, but he is training and he's not going to be training on ice until he is healed. That's good.

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

I think the timing of that interview is because Shoma didn't win GPF. They put a reminder out there about who the World champion is, and that he's on track for the Olympics. And possibly nationals, though I hope he does not compete if he's not in good enough condition yet. I said a while back that if Nathan beats Shoma at the GPF, we might see the JSF suddenly talking about Yuzu a bit more.

We wanted news, we've got some. It's not as good as we wanted, but he is training and he's not going to be training on ice until he is healed. That's good.

Well when you look at it in this perspective... now would jsf tweeked something from an original statement? For certain purposes.. ??