General Yuzuru Chat

i was reading that shoma's interaction with the Nagoya major (which disturbed me a bit, the major is kinda :roll: ), and then i remembered something, is it true that at one point Sendai and Shizuka was the one financially suporting yuzuru's skating career? i feel like i read that somewhere but i dont know if it was actually coming from his mouth or people figured it out themselves or something.

Shizuka didn't financially support his career.. what she did was to use her influence as 2006 OGG to reopen the ice rink where Yuzuru trained, which resulted in him being able to get good results in novice category and onwards. It's a pretty indirect form of support lol.

Here's a super blurry video of Shizuka visiting the reopened rink in 2006 and little Yuzu stating his future ambitions:

Say, anyone have any recommendations for how an english-speaker can learn Japanese? I don't need to speak it but would like to understand what Yuzu says, and also what is written (so have to learn kanji I guess?) I don't mind spending money on some program BUT I would like to try it and see if it seems doable before it gets too expensive...

I would recommend the Memrise app, it's helped me out a lot. I only use the free version of it, but you can pay to unlock the premium version which gives you more features. The HiNative app is also really good, you can ask native speakers questions, though I'd say it's more useful if you're looking to speak or get conversational.

I think that at one point, after the 2011 Earthquake, Shizuka helped financing Sendai's Ice rink reconstruction. I don't know if her help extended to Yuzuru in particular though.

Shizuka didn't financially support his career.. what she did was to use her influence as 2006 OGG to reopen the ice rink where Yuzuru trained, which resulted in him being able to get good results in novice category and onwards. It's a pretty indirect form of support lol.

Here's a super blurry video of Shizuka visiting the reopened rink in 2006 and little Yuzu stating his future ambitions:

Ohhh thanks so much guys!!!

i was reading that shoma's interaction with the Nagoya major (which disturbed me a bit, the major is kinda :roll: ), and then i remembered something, is it true that at one point Sendai and Shizuka was the one financially suporting yuzuru's skating career? i feel like i read that somewhere but i dont know if it was actually coming from his mouth or people figured it out themselves or something.

Such a little show off already :laugh:

It has to be Patrick's hand... no doubt in my mind.

And in that suit in those pictures, yup, Yuzu is wearing someone else's suit again. I know people said it didn't fit him well before, but in the bottom photo with Mai his sleeves look super big on him, lol.

liv said:
It has to be Patrick's hand... no doubt in my mind.

And in that suit in those pictures, yup, Yuzu is wearing someone else's suit again. I know people said it didn't fit him well before, but in the bottom photo with Mai his sleeves look super big on him, lol.

You're right, that's definitely Patrick's hand, and I think his sleeves are way too big. Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but I think the best fitting suit he's worn (I'm not an expert) has to be at the Big Sports Award in early 2016?

shohei-and-yuzu-pic3.png?w=547

Source: SportyMags's new blog/SANSPO

It's such a blurry video but I could spot baby Yuzu right away :rofl2:

the tall kid with the mushroom cut

(well it also helps that he tends to like standing in front of everyone else)

Say, anyone have any recommendations for how an english-speaker can learn Japanese? I don't need to speak it but would like to understand what Yuzu says, and also what is written (so have to learn kanji I guess?) I don't mind spending money on some program BUT I would like to try it and see if it seems doable before it gets too expensive...

I recommend taking formal classes to solidify grammar, intonation, pronunciation, etc with someone else that is a native speaker or completely fluent. But there are probably a lot of youtube videos you can use as well as a ton of Google Play or iPhone apps to use on your phone or tablet. I do self study myself nowadays with a couple of apps, but I feel better about it because I at least had that foundation. I feel like with most apps, if I tried them out without knowing the grammar I'd be lost.

Ah makes sense, thanks!

Ok, I'm starting to miss the Church... ugh, I'm better at lurking than posting but I guess I'm gonna have to work on it if I'm ever getting back :-)
Ok, I'm starting to miss the Church... ugh, I'm better at lurking than posting but I guess I'm gonna have to work on it if I'm ever getting back :-)

Bro! I miss it, too.

I haven't been to forums for ages, and now it seems kinda difficult to catch up with everything and comment (I much more like reading lol).

But we'll manage to get back! I know that :pbow:

The purple bananalord is waiting for you

Me too! I just get so distracted reading I forget to post. It is just gonna take as long as it takes. :coffee: :pbow:

I would recommend the Memrise app, it's helped me out a lot. I only use the free version of it, but you can pay to unlock the premium version which gives you more features. The HiNative app is also really good, you can ask native speakers questions, though I'd say it's more useful if you're looking to speak or get conversational.

Thanks!

It's such a blurry video but I could spot baby Yuzu right away :rofl2:

the tall kid with the mushroom cut

(well it also helps that he tends to like standing in front of everyone else)

omg so true :rofl2: his needs to be on top (or this case in front) is hilarious, and sometimes very relatable :rofl2:

I know I also wouldn't like being at the back of a photo but I don't have his shamelessness to move and stand in front of everyone else :rofl2:

Ahem, bringing this back into track. From FaOI, whichever year it was.

Now I want to see it died red or green...

I wouldn't mind seeing him with blue again. As i understand, ISU doesn't mind different hair colors as long as they're not too much?

Looks like it's from 2013. Good times, great hair.

I can't even imagine him going into competition like this :laugh: As for the ice shows - why the hell not? Both blue and red strands would look awesomesauce in his hair.