General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Anyway... for people confused whether it was David or Ghislain who wiped Yuzu's tears here's a vid. Don't watch if you don't want to relive Worlds 2013 SP. (Spoiler: It's David)

Hide contents

It's like I have ESPn... (sorry, mean girls reference.. :biggrin:)

Thank you! You're very useful. And very scary.

Edit: When I first came across the gif of that moment I thought it was David too but subsequent discussions that came up about it mentioned Ghislain too, so I became convinced it was him and not David after all. 

12 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Anyway... for people confused whether it was David or Ghislain who wiped Yuzu's tears here's a vid. Don't watch if you don't want to relive Worlds 2013 SP. (Spoiler: It's David)

Hide contents

Oh no, I regret everything about watching that video T_____T may we never see that expression on his face ever again

8 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Thank you! You're very useful. And very scary.

Edit: When I first came across the gif of that moment I thought it was David too but subsequent discussions that came up about it mentioned Ghislain too, so I became convinced it was him and not David after all. 

Well... from the back they kinda look the same-ish :xD:

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

OT, I did it again... and couldn't resist temptation to add it right under Yuzu's (I did tuck it to the side after taking the picture though, as it seemed rude to leave it like that :snmouchotto:

25z55pt.jpg

How wonderful! Thank you so, so much for doing this for all of us! :sadPooh:  How was the pilgrimage? Many other fans around yet?

39 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

:consoling2: Just.... be glad you weren't following his career at that point because people were very very nasty about it.

I don't know how you guys did it ahhh that must have been awful; i don't begrudge fans for being a little protective when they've had to witness stuff like this (in any fandom). 

this is probably also why he tries so hard to sidestep attempts to build rivalry narratives between him and shoma/any of the younger kids which I've always appreciated ;;

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

OT, I did it again... and couldn't resist temptation to add it right under Yuzu's (I did tuck it to the side after taking the picture though, as it seemed rude to leave it like that :snmouchotto:

25z55pt.jpg

Amazing! May all the fan emas around his protect him against the werewolves this season, and all eternity.

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Hide contents

aww bb don't cry :consoling2: :sadPooh:

btw happy 1800 pages!

46 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

How wonderful! Thank you so, so much for doing this for all of us! :sadPooh:  How was the pilgrimage? Many other fans around yet?

Actually there wasn't really anyone there... one lady ahead of me who took a look at all the emas and a couple with a little girl in kimono. There had been some highschoolers and another group of ladies leaving then. But the rain and somewhat early hour (it was around 10-10:30am) might have kept people away.

However, most of the emas (even not around his) and most of the Yuzumaru were for him. (many Yuzumaru had gold medals drawn around their necks lol)

PS: faithfully sticking to google maps, finding it was easier than Seimei lol although it requires taking some smaller streets. The first 'entrance' I found wasn't the actual entrance though ^^; Also, it's a bit more expensive than Seimei (at Seimei, pretty much everything was 600yen. At Yuzuruha, pretty much everything was 800yen). They also don't take credit cards and it's not very tourist friendly lol (no English explanations and the staff didn't seem to know much English - I mostly spoke to them in Japanese, though it's at times like this I realize how limited it actually is ^^; )