General Yuzuru Chat

It pisses me off whenever writers, commentators and other competitors openly state or otherwise suggest that Yuzuru is only about the quads. As everyone in this forum knows, he is a complete skater and has always aspired to be so.

Most of you have probably seen this, but this is the link to a local Sendai TV interview which took place after he got his bronze medal at the 2012 Nice World Championships and just before he came to Canada to train with Brian Orser.

During the course of this interview, the male interviewer asked Yuzuru what kind of skater he wanted to be – a jumper, a spinner, a skater – and Yuzuru answered that he wanted to be all of them – a complete skater. To this, the male interviewer interjected and said of course everyone aims to be a complete skater, but realistically what kind of skater did he aim to become. Yuzuru continued to maintain that he wanted to be a skater that is able to do everything well.

1 час назад, Geo1 сказал:

It pisses me off whenever writers, commentators and other competitors openly state or otherwise suggest that Yuzuru is only about the quads. As everyone in this forum knows, he is a complete skater and has always aspired to be so.

Most of you have probably seen this, but this is the link to a local Sendai TV interview which took place after he got his bronze medal at the 2012 Nice World Championships and just before he came to Canada to train with Brian Orser.

During the course of this interview, the male interviewer asked Yuzuru what kind of skater he wanted to be – a jumper, a spinner, a skater – and Yuzuru answered that he wanted to be all of them – a complete skater. To this, the male interviewer interjected and said of course everyone aims to be a complete skater, but realistically what kind of skater did he aim to become. Yuzuru continued to maintain that he wanted to be a skater that is able to do everything well.

Our genus boy: he keeps proving he is on the way to his ideal. Always. How can anyone not see it? Or just not like him? I'll never get it. Every time I show his performances to my friends, they say this is FS, because this is complete. My friend who watched FS for the first time during CoR said the same thing: Yuzu has everything and that's why he is the best (I asked her about Nathan as he won, she said he was solid but all about jumps in FP, she even couldn't remember his music: this means he didn't express it properly, isn't it?). Actually, according to my experience, people without any prejudice or experience in FS usually don't doubt in Yuzu. This is great: at least he will always have general public support.

1 hour ago, Mastyaeva said:

New day - new interview. Plush this time. And of course journalist asked about Yuzu. :biggrin:

First question was about Plush's personal participation in different shows. Plush sad that he always participate in his own ones and "I always gladly accept the invitation of Yuzuru Hanyu. He is an accomplished athlete, his show is very popular in Japan". Indeed. :smiley-laughing021:

Then journalist asked if Plush knows Yuzu personally (come on, guy, are you serious now?).

"If I'm not mistaken, when he was eight years old, he intentionally came to my performances in Japan. And he still says that he looks up to Evgeni Plushenko, in spite of the fact that he already surpassed me in some components. We shouldn't be embarrassed by the fact that every next generation surpasses the previous one - in technique, in complexity. I admit it readily".

The interview in general focuses on Plushenko's plans and partly on Adelina. 

http://portal-kultura.ru/articles/sport/172590-evgeniy-plyushchenko-v-shchelkunchike-osobaya-rol-otvedena-adeline-sotnikovoy/

Respect! :clap::clap::clap:

It's a good thing that each generation surpasses the previous, and I admire Plushenko for openly embracing it rather than feel bitter about it. Just because the sport is evolving, it doesn't mean the history is erased, and Plushenko's legacy is still there.   

52 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Ha! Yuzu always prove his skeptics wrong! This reminds me of the interview at TCC earlier this year when Yuzu said his strength was everything! Indeed he is!

People say "Jack of all trade, master of none". I say Yuzu is "Jack of all trade, Master of tons"!  Yes, there are other skaters who might be a little better than Yuzu in terms of individual elements, but when you look at the big picture, Yuzu is the "Jack of all trade, surpassed by none"!

30 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Shouldn't Dumbledore be, like... Dick Button or something?

Not Brian? The wise mentor who teaches him everything? Then who is Brian?

I guess there's not a Snape around Yuzu though, a teacher who hates him but is secretly a good guy who saves him. Unless we force David Wilson in that role, minus the hate. 

Just now, Moria Polonius said:

I guess there's not a Snape around Yuzu though, a teacher who hates him but is secretly a good guy who saves him. Unless we force David Wilson in that role, minus the hate. 

Hahahah well, you could also say there are a lot of Snape around Yuzu... that turn into 'good guys' whenever they feel like it. 

In any case, Brian can be... Hagrid? :laughing: 

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Hahahah well, you could also say there are a lot of Snape around Yuzu... that turn into 'good guys' whenever they feel like it. 

In any case, Brian can be... Hagrid? :laughing: 

2 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

I thought someone mentioned that Brian and Tracy are Arthur and Molly Weasley? Which I think is pretty fitting...

9 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

I thought someone mentioned that Brian and Tracy are Arthur and Molly Weasley? Which I think is pretty fitting...

Nah... The more I think of it Brian must be Dumbledore. I mean, Brian's even in charge of a school! Tracy can be McGonagall. But then secondary parents Brian and Tracy are fitting. 

Lol, that's the reason I never read fusion fics, the characters just don't fit exactly.