General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Anya said:

ALL THESE ADS FOR THE PHOTO AND POSTER EXHIBITIONS!! :smiley-love017::smiley-love017::smiley-love017:  I think the ads is already an exhibition by itself.  <3 Sorry, I had to put it under spoiler or else it will take up the whole page :laughing: 

Reveal hidden contents

Can someone explain about this exhibition please? Like where it is and what is it about? I think I miss the info. Thanks.

43 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I. Want. To. Go. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

6 minutes ago, Anya said:

ALL THESE ADS FOR THE PHOTO AND POSTER EXHIBITIONS!! :smiley-love017::smiley-love017::smiley-love017:  I think the ads is already an exhibition by itself.  <3 Sorry, I had to put it under spoiler or else it will take up the whole page :laughing: 

Reveal hidden contents

The photos from the posters are really nice...

There's a memorial photobook that can be purchased only at the exhibition right?

Gosh... another thing that makes me want to go to the exhibit.

I am loving these poster that advertise the poster/photo events and the catch phrase that come with them! 

They tailor to different metro station and add local flavor by linking Yuzu to the people/main attractions of that station! 

For example, this one is near Yuzu’s elementary and middle school so it says: 

"People from the 七北田中小學(Yuzu's elementary and middle school) , please come and admire your senpai (Alumini)'s courageous form as absolute champion!" 

And this one ,

Says “ people who are using the municipal hospital (probably at this station ),

The color that suits angels (referring to both the medical personnel and Yuzu )

Is white, of course !"

Complete with the white LGC yuzu photo haha

And there were more, but I didn't have time to compile all and translate all (some have play on words so are harder to translate) but I think these are so creative and heart-warming and needed to share some with you guys~

Tried rough translation of the article:

He decides the material as well:

Hanyu senshu is now in Canada for training after his first competition of Grand Prix Series in Russia.

Meanwhile, his SEIMEI costume is now back in Ito-san's atelier in Tokyo for minor modifications.  

"Hanyu san gives detailed requests even after the season has begun."  The costume is tailored in a simple way considering such modifications later on.  "But, I suppose this will be the last modification for this costume."  The work is being continued for the NHK Trophy beginning on 10th November. 

Ito-san started making Hanyu's costume from 2014-2015 season.   Initially, she was in charge of the spare costume, but "In the evening of the day that collision accident happened in China, I was asked to make the new costume right away."  As the costume had been stained with blood, he needed to make a new one immediately in 2 weeks time before the next event.  Ito-san hurriedly designed and prepared it in time.  

After then, they have been fighting as a team.  Ito-san says, "Hanyu-san is the designer, and I'm his assistant."  The measurement of each part is carried out in June every year.  The size is strictly confidential.  It is delivered in August.  The color, material, image..., Hanyu has decided all of them. 

SEIMEI is packed with Hanyu's strong preferences.  Early In the summer of 2015, Ito-san received the images of NOMURA Mansai, who played the main role of "Onmyoji" movie, and requests of Hanyu, that is, white garment with patterns, purple and light green, inclusion of "Gobohsei" (Seimei's symbol star).   The most difficult thing was to imitate Kariginu, traditional kimono in Heian Period.  It was difficult to express firm and supple silk texture with the synthetic material for figure skating.  She did fitting five times, and made it similar to flowing Kariginu.

As the same music is used as 2 years ago, the costume of this season has basically the same style, but focusing on the colors.  The collar part like a layered kimono consists of colors of purple, gold , green, and white, starting from the outside.  This order was also requested by Hanyu.  The purple chest part is made of mesh material, and it is less than 850g and very light.  The number of rhinestones is about 3,000.  

Because he ended in the 2nd in ACI, he wanted to change the mood, and modified the color of sleeves and collar from light green and purple to darker ones.  As the stones used in the patterns looked silver, they were changed to black.  Ito-san prepared two colors for the Gobohsei in the back; gold and silver.

"Yes, it was gold, as was expected," she says.

The fight for targeting the gold is still continuing both in the rink and atelier. 

:13877886:

I noticed it has been already translated. Everyone's so quick.

11 minutes ago, chiraya said:

Can someone explain about this exhibition please? Like where it is and what is it about? I think I miss the info. Thanks.

It's like what it says on the poster, a Yuzuru Hanyu Photo and Poster Exhibition, taking place in second floor of Sendai metro East-West  line’s International center station from 11/3~21.

I believe these photos are taken by our beloved Noto Naoto san who followed Yuzu as cameramen and is also from Sendai.

And yes, memorial photobook will be sold at the exhibition! (Me want :sadPooh:)

9 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Thank you @gladi! <3

This is why I didn't comment much on his 'new' costumes. He is someone who thinks of every detail - or to put it more succinctly, every detail has meaning. Whether the end products lives up to people's expectations and tastes is another matter though. haha

Apart from the whole 3000 thing, it really must be something to work with him. 
He's quite obviously a perfectionist so while rewarding, it is probably exhausting as well! 

And I do think they changes they made there are for the better, it looks fab on some of the better fancams.

12 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

He's quite obviously a perfectionist so while rewarding, it is probably exhausting as well! 

And I do think they changes they made there are for the better, it looks fab on some of the better fancams.

The costume looks amazing in real life... it's glittering and so majestic... 

Regarding the sparkles, I remember there was a fan cam of when he took off the jacket in Moscow and it looked like he had a led net over the top, that's how much it sparkled, continuously.  (Like a very elegant Christmas Tree :P) I think the TV cameras don't even come close to doing it justice...

31 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I think you either get exhausted/exasperated or see it as a challenge :biggrin:

I think it's wonderful that he found people who are used to his ways and are actually even motivated /challenged by him.

Like that of Sound Designer Keiichi Yano (an article in which gladi also translated) 

In the end, 33 versions of “SEIMEI” were made. Yano-san laughed as he reminisced about [the experience].

“The requests ballooned quickly. But, I cannot say it is impossible as a pro!”

“Did you see the Niigata performance the other day? It’s Hanyu-kun again, but he asked me, ‘Yano-san, do you have the source for Pari-San?’”

Yano-san, eyes crinkled, already immune to Hanyu-senshu’s outrageous ideas and suggestions...

He said he wanted to collaborate on “Pari-San” on the very last day of the ice show. Just for that, it’s necessary to consult with the musician’s side. We also had to talk to the agency. Above all, it would be awful if it isn’t all conveyed through the show organizer.

“'If everyone is okay with it, I’ll also help.’ The organizer passed on my message to Hanyu-kun. Thereupon, I also heard news that guitarist Takeo Konno said he’d be ‘honored.’

51 minutes ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

I am loving these poster that advertise the poster/photo events and the catch phrase that come with them! 

They tailor to different metro station and add local flavor by linking Yuzu to the people/main attractions of that station! 

For example, this one is near Yuzu’s elementary and middle school so it says: 

"People from the 七北田中小學(Yuzu's elementary and middle school) , please come and admire your senpai (Alumini)'s courageous form as absolute champion!" 

And this one ,

Says “ people who are using the municipal hospital (probably at this station ),

The color that suits angels (referring to both the medical personnel and Yuzu )

Is white, of course !"

Complete with the white LGC yuzu photo haha

And there were more, but I didn't have time to compile all and translate all (some have play on words so are harder to translate) but I think these are so creative and heart-warming and needed to share some with you guys~

So much thought and attention to details even with just the adverts... Sendai really loves him :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I think you either get exhausted/exasperated or see it as a challenge :biggrin:

I think it's wonderful that he found people who are used to his ways and are actually even motivated /challeneged by him.

Like that of Sound Designer Keiichi Yano (an article in which gladi also translated) 

Wait... he refers to Parissienne Walkways as "Pari-san"?? That's so cute?????