When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

I think I'm going insane because now I think it would be smart to put the 4A in the SP, at least if it makes him bomb, it's only one-third of the whole thing he'd bomb.

Which is a lot actually. Especially if the fall is called a UR, what he would get for that is pittance. 

4A is 12.50 now. 4A < 9.38. Then add the -5 GOE that's tied to the BV. 

One fall also means PCS scores under 9.5 now.

If he bombs the SP that badly, then that competition is pretty much over. 

@Xen I have no idea what happens if 4A jumps into the first slot. He may want to keep the 4Lo and dump one of the 4Ts. Or he might go wilding and try 5 quads.

It'd actually be interesting if he has decided to adopt Brian's up the content as the season goes tactic, as he hasn't really done that before and yet, it's so difficult to implement with this difficulty. I have a feeling we'll end up with every possible LO permutation here and still be left going ummm.

8 hours ago, LadyLou said:

anyway, I'm a bit surprised at how many satellites are betting on a 4A debut at earlier events...considering we know for sure that his ankle isn't really really really at its pre-injury status yet, and that Yuzu

I'm taking my stance on an early 4A with the caveat that it depends on his physical condition. But I say that if he's able at all, he'll do it ASAP. Boy's trying to be Zen, but my gut says he really really really wants to be first.

2 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Which is a lot actually. Especially if the fall is called a UR, what he would get for that is pittance. 

@Xen I have no idea what happens if 4A jumps into the first slot. He may want to keep the 4Lo and dump one of the 4Ts. Or he might go wilding and try 5 quads.

It'd actually be interesting if he has decided to adopt Brian's up the content as the season goes tactic, as he hasn't really done that before and yet, it's so difficult to implement with this difficulty. I have a feeling we'll end up with every possible LO permutation here and still be left going ummm.

How can 4A be only 12.50? I don't get it. Sorry it's :offtopic2:

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm taking my stance on an early 4A with the caveat that it depends on his physical condition. But I say that if he's able at all, he'll do it ASAP. Boy's trying to be Zen, but my gut says he really really really wants to be first.

Yeah, totally agree w you on this one. He wants to be first, eg look at that story Brian revealed on 4Lo. Plus, ACI is totally ok to bomb, but not GPF or National, or World Plus I'm suspicious why he didn't demo his SP on media day. 

9 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Well actually he does get into an interesting situation if he does it in the LP and pops the 4A into a 3A. If he's not comfortable with 3F or 3Lz yet, he'd have to modify one of the 3As in the second half to a 3Lo. So then his layout would be 3A 4T 4Lo 4S3T//4TLo3S 3A2T 3Lo?  If so wouldn't the higher value LO be 3A 4T 4Lo 4S3T//4Tlo3S 3A2T 3Lz?

On 9/18/2018 at 12:38 PM, Yatagarasu said:

He said it'd be the first jumping pass in the FS, where the 4Lo is now.

Yes, where did he say this? Well, looking at today's FS run-through, if I'm not mistaken, the beginning suspiciously looks like Yuzuru is skating toward the corner and then forward along the long side in preparation for a big jump.  Plushenko did his super quadruple-triple-double combination in the beginning after a long setup, but this reminds me more of Trusova's 2017-18 FS, since she starts with kneeling position, skates forward along the long side in prep for her quad, and the beginning of her music has similar sound effects too!  :68468287:  Do any of Plushenko's programs start from kneeling position?

Anyways, if it looks like Yuzuru doesn't leave room for a 4A setup in the sp, it'll be further proof that the 4A could very well be in the FS.

On 9/20/2018 at 8:32 AM, wingman said:

Yeah, totally agree w you on this one. He wants to be first, eg look at that story Brian revealed on 4Lo. Plus, ACI is totally ok to bomb, but not GPF or National, or World Plus I'm suspicious why he didn't demo his SP on media day. 

Media day always focus on LP and layout, not much on SP. In 2016, there's only a few second of LGC. 

IMO if he's gonna do 4A this season, the earliest might be in 2nd half, maybe WTT. For now, seem like he's still need to adjust the condition for 4mins LP. And a big no for 4A in SP. 

4 minutes ago, Katt said:

Media day always focus on LP and layout, not much on SP. In 2016, there's only a few second of LGC. 

IMO if he's gonna do 4A this season, the earliest might be in 2nd half, maybe WTT. For now, seem like he's still need to adjust the condition for 4mins LP. And a big no for 4A in SP. 

so origin repeat next season?

Also, 4A will never be in the SP. Remember the old adage: you can't win a competition with the SP but you sure can lose it, so losing the SP is just dumb and a 4A there is a dumb risk. 4A will appear in the FS if at all this season. 

Edit: Plus, yesterday's practices did show us his SP jumps, if one was paying attention: 4S and 4T3T. 

ok, I changed my conspiray thepry about Nessie placement:biggrin:

after the first FS jump he's taking a bit of choreo time (the long besti) and he's jumping 'only' a 4T after that so he'll have time to recover from a 4A (or eventual mistake on 4A). 3Lo might remain 3Lo or go to 3F or even 4Lo, if he's feeling inhuman and wants to have a 5 quads layout:13877886:His short preparation for 4Lo could probably fit, tho it wouldn't be as disguised as the 3Lo or 3F...

but I still think Nessie won't say hi for a while...

and I also thought about Sasha's 4S last season (before they ruined the placement to add 4T), it was a good example of using music in a smart way to make preparation for a jump (and skater looking focused) look exciting instead of boring

2 hours ago, Xen said:

His 3F is back, so even if he pops the 4A, he could go 3A 4T 4Lo 4S3T//4TLo3S 3A2T 3F or something like that, or maybe 3A 4T 3F 4S3T//4TLo3S 3A2T 3Lo

what if he's going to evolve the LP layout to 4A 4T 3F 4S3T//4TLo3S 3A2T 3A? :13877886:

If that's worth a :13877886: I guess I should add some more:13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886: to my speculation about swapping 3Lo with 4Lo :10814716:

Zu if you're reading I'm not challenging you plz:14066882:

10 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

ok, I changed my conspiray thepry about Nessie placement:biggrin:

after the first FS jump he's taking a bit of choreo time (the long besti) and he's jumping 'only' a 4T after that so he'll have time to recover from a 4A (or eventual mistake on 4A). 3Lo might remain 3Lo or go to 3F or even 4Lo, if he's feeling inhuman and wants to have a 5 quads layout:13877886:His short preparation for 4Lo could probably fit, tho it wouldn't be as disguised as the 3Lo or 3F...

but I still think Nessie won't say hi for a while...

and I also thought about Sasha's 4S last season (before they ruined the placement to add 4T), it was a good example of using music in a smart way to make preparation for a jump (and skater looking focused) look exciting instead of boring

If that's worth a :13877886: I guess I should add some more:13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886: to my speculation about swapping 3Lo with 4Lo :10814716:

Zu if you're reading I'm not challenging you plz:14066882:

I would imagine 5 quad layouts would be problematic. With 4 mins, stamina is at a premium. If 4Lo is included, he'd have all quads in the first half and open the second half with a quad combo. The other variance that could work is if he did //3ALo3S 3A2T 3F/3Lz/3Lo in the second half, that might be more feasible stamina wise, and maximizes points for triples.