When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, Salior said:

If our axel overlord Yuzu has 5% completion of 4A, Idk if anyone else can come close to that. 

IMO the biggest problem is the height, I saw Dima's attempts, and in all of them, he could not get enough height to come anywhere close to a decent landing? Like he's still mid-rotation when both his feet hit the ice, imagine doing a quad where the ice needs to be 20cm below surface level for you to land it, that's my impression of his 4A. 

Here's his last attempt https://www.fsrussia.ru/results/1718/cor1718/MMC__Scores.pdf he's no. 5 

Here's the video (click next) 

Wow, I didn't expect that to actually happen...  Now I am a bit uneasy. I really wanted Yuzu to be the first to master the beast. :yznotimpressed:

59 minutes ago, Salior said:

If our axel overlord Yuzu has 5% completion of 4A, Idk if anyone else can come close to that. 

IMO the biggest problem is the height, I saw Dima's attempts, and in all of them, he could not get enough height to come anywhere close to a decent landing? Like he's still mid-rotation when both his feet hit the ice, imagine doing a quad where the ice needs to be 20cm below surface level for you to land it, that's my impression of his 4A. 

Here's his last attempt https://www.fsrussia.ru/results/1718/cor1718/MMC__Scores.pdf he's no. 5 

Here's the video (click next) 

Well, he got more height on that than expected after seeing those initial crossovers and the speed into that jump....kudos to him for trying though, and if he lands it I will be extremely impressed. I just hope that bogus calls won't be made for something this important.

I am trying hard to see the mythical beast in that video, but I don't know... I realize it was underrotated, but anyway, it should look like it was a HUUUUGE jump. I watched it a lot and still, it looks like any other Yuzu's 3A... or am I wrong?

Edit: And I don't want to be nitpicking, just to say that this was bad and only Yuzu has nice jumps. I am still impressed, but I am bad at recognizing jumps. Just being curious, if this is how Nessie should look like. Because the 3A I know looks huge as it is.... 

38 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

And I don't want to be nitpicking, just to say that this was bad and only Yuzu has nice jumps. I am still impressed, but I am bad at recognizing jumps. Just being curious, if this is how Nessie should look like. Because the 3A I know looks huge as it is.... 

Well, if you pause at the right time, you can see that he was about 270 degree underrotated on that, which is probably also why he had a bad fall. So it wasn't really very close. 

11 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Well, if you pause at the right time, you can see that he was about 270 degree underrotated on that, which is probably also why he had a bad fall. So it wasn't really very close. 

Thank you. Took me a lot of squinting to figure out how much underrotated he was, and my fingers aren't that fast rip. 

48 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Took me way too many tries :headdesk:

This was the best I got:

Takeoff

07UMHy2.png

Landing

sFxKr9X.png

As you can see his blade was already completely on the ice by then and not just the toe pick.

So that's basically a rotation like any other quad, right?

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

So, who said he will not attempt it at major competition?

Why too important? He want it BECAUSE it's that important.

Yuzu, I love you. Please, don't change.:tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw:

He wants to win more lol. I feel that unless he's comfortable enough with his chances of winning/landing 4A, 4A takes the backseat. That's how I interpret his interviews after Helsinki. :68468287:

Winning is still the priority lol.

37 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Yeah i'd say it has slightly less rotation than a fully rotated quad (without looking at prerotation).

Thank you. Regarding jumps, I have still much to learn. :68468287: But I am glad my instincts are not so bad.

Seeing the relative state of Dmitriev's 4A attempts, I could see Keegan probably getting the 4A faster than Dmitriev even if the only attempts of his we've seen have been on an harness. However, Dmitriev has all the time and opportunity in the world to train it, while Yuzuru and Keegan actually have to concentrate on not killing themselves and medaling at their competitions.

10 hours ago, jinxxoo said:

He wants to win more lol. I feel that unless he's comfortable enough with his chances of winning/landing 4A, 4A takes the backseat. That's how I interpret his interviews after Helsinki. :68468287:

Winning is still the priority lol.

Me too. I think even if we see him try it in practice at a competition, it will depend on how well his SP goes. If he gets one of his 20-point leads on his SP, which he can if he does perfectly and hits 115, then he might feel like he can go for the 4A and still know he can win even if he messes it up? You know, this emergence of the old Yuzu we know and love ruins all previous calculations based on the unexpected 'scores do not matter, the 4A is my dream and my true goal for this season' Yuzu.