When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

You never know because you don't have to rotate a jump to have it called clean.

Also, more (similar) translations:

Oooooooo so things might be further back then we thought for Yuzu! I thought he was waiting because he needed to focus on his current layout to skate clean to win. But if he's talking about feeling like he's hit a wall..... That speaks of something quite different. 

1 minute ago, OonsieHui said:

Oooooooo so things might be further back then we thought for Yuzu! I thought he was waiting because he needed to focus on his current layout to skate clean to win. But if he's talking about feeling like he's hit a wall..... That speaks of something quite different. 

Yes, but so that's skating, every new thing is a wall, really, until you break through. I think he felt the same about his 4Lo, the summer before that season when he landed it, he was only landing 1 per day. But he figured it out.

So I have faith that he will figure this out too <3

6 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

You never know because you don't have to rotate a jump to have it called clean.

Also, more (similar) translations:

Ah, the wording of this article makes it clear that it's the 4A that's 5% complete, not his programs.

I mean, of course his programs are more than 5% complete but his standards are crazy so I wasn't sure. 

My guess is WTT or after that even. I think i am probably not risking much by saying he wants J Nats back, a home World title again.... Who knows about 4CC....  The 4A might become next year's show practice project if he gets better in practice at home... it took years for him to put in 4loop and 4lz... and we know 4A is a far more elusive, and dangerous, beast. I just feel he will be cautious with it, unless he has a sudden breakthrough between Nats and World's... I bet Brian watches him like a hawk when training and won't let him try it if he notices anything off about yuzu that day (after what happened with 4lz when he wasnt there). I guess it is stay tuned until we hear otherwise.... 

Pffft now I'm like he's not even far enough along on Origin to put his sit twizzles in and land all the jumps, let alone the 4A. At this rate the first time we see 4A will probably keep up the grand tradition of him whipping out a new jump at WTT post-gala quad-off. 

Did he say if he gets to 20% then he can consider putting it in, because that's just landing one in five, he only skates a total of seven competitions in a season including WTT and 4CC, right?! 

A more complete translation is out now.

Some excerpts 

Yuzuru will likely attempt 4A at the World Championships 

“At ACI, Yuzuru won the competition, but he didn’t skate well. This set a fire to his motivation to achieve clean skates and win, so he’s put aside 4A for now. Now he needs to prepare for CoR in 2 weeks, followed by GPF, and Japanese Nationals. He will resume training for 4A in January 2019. 

He says his 4A is at 5% of what it needs to be. ‘If I can get it up to 20%, maybe I can do it.’ 

The author thinks that since Hanyu intends tends to skip 4CC, it’s likely that he will attempt the 4A at World Championships. There will be enough time to prepare for this competition, which is an appropriate stage to attempt this jump that nobody has landed.” 

Also: maximum kuyashii --> 

15 minutes ago, Salior said:

Some excerpts 

“At ACI, Yuzuru won the competition, but he didn’t skate well. This set a fire to his motivation to achieve clean skates and win, so he’s put aside 4A for now. Now he needs to prepare for CoR in 2 weeks, followed by GPF, and Japanese Nationals. He will resume training for 4A in January 2019. 

He says his 4A is at 5% of what it needs to be. ‘If I can get it up to 20%, maybe I can do it.’ 

Hanyu intends to skip 4CC, and thus it’s likely that he will attempt the 4A at World Championships. There will be enough time to prepare for this competition, which is an appropriate stage to attempt this jump that nobody has landed.” 

He said he plans on skipping 4CC? Too bad, I was really hoping he'd go. I really have a hard time seeing him putting that 4A at WC unless he's that confident in it/ have that big of a lead after SP. WC in Japan just feels like too important of an competition to try the 4A for the first time.

My bet is still on WTT. :68468287:

EDIT:

Change of question, because I totally screw up the first one! :embSwan:

Yeah, I am sorry, my energy is depleted after this thrilling weekend, so my brain is working on low battery.

So, what do you think Yuzu will do, if Artur Dimitriev jumps 4A in CoR practice?

And sorry again, to everyone who did read the first version of my question. :headdesk:

46 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Just a thought - and I, myself, cannot figure out the answer. What do you think? 

What would Yuzu do, if Dima really tried 4A and he jumped it successfully to some extend at NHK practice this week?

Pretty sure "Dima" in question is Artur Dmitriev and not Dmitri :laughing:

2 hours ago, Salior said:

Some excerpts 

Hanyu intends to skip 4CC, and thus it’s likely that he will attempt the 4A at World Championships. There will be enough time to prepare for this competition, which is an appropriate stage to attempt this jump that nobody has landed.” 

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

So, who said he will not attempt it at major competition?

2 hours ago, jinxxoo said:

He said he plans on skipping 4CC? Too bad, I was really hoping he'd go. I really have a hard time seeing him putting that 4A at WC unless he's that confident in it/ have that big of a lead after SP. WC in Japan just feels like too important of an competition to try the 4A for the first time.

My bet is still on WTT. :68468287:

Why too important? He want it BECAUSE it's that important.

Yuzu, I love you. Please, don't change.:tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw:

3 hours ago, Salior said:

Some excerpts 

Was it a transcrition error? The translation says that he tends to skip 4CC, not intends?

3 minutes ago, kelly said:

Was it a transcrition error? The translation says that he tends to skip 4CC, not intends?

Now it makes me curious. Just a small difference and the meaning completely change. So, what did he actually say?

If our axel overlord Yuzu has 5% completion of 4A, Idk if anyone else can come close to that. 

IMO the biggest problem is the height, I saw Dima's attempts, and in all of them, he could not get enough height to come anywhere close to even 4 revolutions? (edit: seems like he is 270 degrees underrotated). Like he's still mid-rotation when both his feet hit the ice, imagine doing a quad where the ice needs to be 20cm below surface level for you to land it, that's my impression of his 4A. 

Here's his last attempt https://www.fsrussia.ru/results/1718/cor1718/MMC__Scores.pdf he's no. 5 

Here's the video (click next)