When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, Songster01 said:

I see the Olympic Channel is trying to stir up 4A excitement by telling us a 4A from Keegan is "Possible", but honestly imo either the quote is old, or Keegan means "possible" as in "anything's possible! Yuzu could land a sept, I could bring out the 4A, aliens could invade the planet".  Of course, he could have been cagey in what he told Bev Smith in the early season, but he strikes me as a straightforward person.  And what he said is supported by his actions from August onward continued flirtation with the 4Lz in practice and competition.  I suppose he could have given up on the 4Lz after SCI, but then he'd have only 3 weeks to reacquaint himself with the 4A in harness, work on getting it out of harness, and then land it enough he feels he could trying in a program in practice and then competition.  But then the other aspects of his program might suffer when he's about to compete at an event where  has a real chance of qualifying for the GPF?  I doubt Keegan would want to jeopardize that on the off chance he might land a 4A.

And even his harness 4A is not fully rotated (at least from the video I saw).

On 11/15/2018 at 1:44 AM, IceWings said:

I know. :sadPooh: It's noted in the GPF website FAQ. I think people have written to Skate Canada asking them to reconsider, but I remember seeing their reply in a twitter (?) or maybe in the "2018 Grand Prix Final (Vancouver) Tickets and Discussion" thread (?) Basically they said they thought about it, but still decided to keep the practice closed to the public. They said something about in addition to the skaters needing to practice, the organizers needed to practice too. Don't know why they couldn't just let us watch them practice. :shrug:

I think it's because it's not really the same as the other practices, where skaters are just doing their own thing. It's really a rehearsal for the show, so they probably don't want the distraction of an audience, plus lots of it will just be people standing around talking, with nothing to see.

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, river said:

4A 3A 4Lz-3T is a perfectly valid (if crazy) SP jump layout. The 4A is the solo jump and the 3A fulfills the requirements to have either a 2A or 3A.

Edit: WAIT. He said he wanted to maybe add Nessie in the SP????? That's risky unless he's really confident about it... :smiley-scared003:

one benefit of it being in the short is that the short requires less energy though. if he's tight on stamina in the long, the short might make sense

4 hours ago, ICeleste said:

Is he actually allowed to perform Nessie in the short? I thought it'd be an invalid element? I might be wrong though 

According to ISU rules (can't link right now because their website is a mess). SP jump requirements for Men single senior skaters must have the following:

- a double or triple Axel

- one triple or quadruple jump

- a jump combination consisting of either a double jump and a triple jump, two triple jumps, a quadruple jump and a double jump, or a triple jump

So if Yuzu wants a 4A in the short he can put it in as his solo quad.

This is essentially what Mao did before. Her SP jumps were 3A-2T (jump combo), 2A (solo axel) and 3F (solo double/triple).

....to add fuel to the (nightmare) fire

Spoiler

...last night I dreamt that Yuzu jumped 4A in Otoñal (it was a HUUUUGE JUMP), followed by a 3A and then his supposed jump combo, but he decided not to jump the combo 😫 (he popped the first jump of the combo, then I saw his expression like "...ahaha I guess I'll just not jump this jump" :xD:. Other than that mishap he ended his program quite well though....

I don't remember the end of that dream (I saw no kiss and cry scene, I guess I did shut that out of my mind immediately). I was just left with the feeling that the score's gonna be disastrous because of the missed jump combo, but by the time I had that feeling the dream has already ended....

Judging by recent interviews, it seems that we were optimistic about the status of the quad axel if it's still in harness.  anyone have any stories of how long it takes to get a jump from harness to securely landed without it?

I actually think it makes more sense to put the 4 axel in the SP than the LP.  Now that there's no footwork requirement, it seems like it would be easier than doing it in the long.  Yuzu says that it takes so much of his energy - as Shanshani says, it might be smarter to do it when there's less stamina requirement.  I hope he's not serious about skating Origin until he lands the 4 axel on the gong. 

19 hours ago, holina said:

So, a quad-quad combo is not valid for SP according to the rules? 

Just saying...:idk:

What about a 3A+4T combo then? Would that be allowed in the SP? I'm wondering since Shoma already attempted it...

And I'm also wondering if Mr. Kuyashii himself has ever considered or even tried it. I think he'd have better chances at succeeding at it than Shoma. :peekapooh:

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

You can't repeat an element so I think you might be able to do it if you only do a 2axel as your axel type jump but it wouldn't be worth it.

Little correction: You are allowed to repeat a jump within the combo like the 3T+3T from Tuk. However, the top men won't do that, because 3-3 has a too low BV and 4-4 is not permitted.

The Axel jump must be different from the solo jump and both must be different from the two jumps in the combo. That's it.

@SparkleSalad "It's the kind of jump that hurts like crashing into a school bus when you fall."   L.O.L.