When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, airi said:

Don't kill me but I'm excited to see any 4A attempt, also from Dmitriev. I don't think he will be succesful, but if he is, yay! (and ISU won't ratify it lightly, so no way he gets away with it if it's UR)

Yuzu will do his thing in his time :) 

I agree - as long as no one gets injured in the attempt or in any attempt to respond to the challenge....

7 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I agree - as long as no one gets injured in the attempt or in any attempt to respond to the challenge....

Yes, and it's scary, especially if Yuzuru really would want to respond to it, I hope I can trust him more than that... 

As for Dmitriev, I fully understand why he's doing it, even if it's so dangerous and the chances are so small. He's not really a player, no chances for a place in Russian team, nothing distinctly exciting about his skating... But here's his chance for a place in figure skating history, forever. If he's confident that he's not killing himself with trying - I'm all for it.

Again, please Yuzuru don't do it for wrong reason, your place in history is set :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

3 hours ago, airi said:

Yes, and it's scary, especially if Yuzuru really would want to respond to it, I hope I can trust him more than that... 

As for Dmitriev, I fully understand why he's doing it, even if it's so dangerous and the chances are so small. He's not really a player, no chances for a place in Russian team, nothing distinctly exciting about his skating... But here's his chance for a place in figure skating history, forever. If he's confident that he's not killing himself with trying - I'm all for it.

Again, please Yuzuru don't do it for wrong reason, your place in history is set :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I got so curious about this Dmitriev that I binge watched a lot of his videos on youtube.

And imagine my surprise when I find out that he -no offense here- is just an ordinary skater. I mean, the guy obviously still has problems with some of his triples. But well, that doesn't necessarily mean he can't do the 4A tho. Watching his skates really convinced me that him putting 4A into his layout was meant more for boosting anticipation for his skates. If he can do it then it's history, if he can't then it won't matter much since he's not even in the league of the elites. I just don't like the way Mishin is trying to make him bigger than he actually is. Nahh...probably I just don't like Mishin after all.

I mean, I'm still a little skeptical after "I will not attempt the 4Lz during the Olympic season" :sipping:

But I don't want him to rush it so I hope he only attempts it when he's healthy and ready for it

tho when that 4A shows up in his planned program components I will straight up die there's no way I won't :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

16 hours ago, Maya said:

Another scenario: Yuzu just won his 5th GPF gold medal. At gala practice, he's so happy he debuts Nessie. Everybody gasps. :knc_tracy1:  Dead silence ...

... before screaming erupts. :volcano:

Unfortunately GPF gala practice is closed to the public this year :yznotimpressed:, so we're not going to see this scenario.... well unless the screaming is from the other skaters.

7 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

:knc_yuzu1:

(Btw, does that mean he plans to attempt it at Rostelecom too?)

Very doubtful. If you look upthread for my posts on Keegan you’ll see by late summer he had shelved it to concentrate on the 4Lz. He hoped that later on that jump would allow him to turn back to the 4Lz and hopefully work on getting it out of the harness. It would be extremely foolish to suddenly take a jump that dangerous at that stage of development and suddenly yolo it.  In all his interviews since late summer all focus has been on the 4Lz and he clearly was still focusing on it at SCI so I doubt he gave up and suddenly brought out the 4A, moved it out of harness and started landing it consistently in 3 weeks. Not utterly impossible, but very unlikely especially considering he has a definite chance to make the podium and the GPF. 

16 hours ago, IceWings said:

Unfortunately GPF gala practice is closed to the public this year :yznotimpressed:, so we're not going to see this scenario.... well unless the screaming is from the other skaters.

We're not going to see GPF gala practice???!!! How come???!!!  It's :offtopic2: but ... but ... :sorrow: Should we start a petition? :hachimaki:

4 hours ago, Maya said:

We're not going to see GPF gala practice???!!! How come???!!!  It's :offtopic2: but ... but ... :sorrow: Should we start a petition? :hachimaki:

I know. :sadPooh: It's noted in the GPF website FAQ. I think people have written to Skate Canada asking them to reconsider, but I remember seeing their reply in a twitter (?) or maybe in the "2018 Grand Prix Final (Vancouver) Tickets and Discussion" thread (?) Basically they said they thought about it, but still decided to keep the practice closed to the public. They said something about in addition to the skaters needing to practice, the organizers needed to practice too. Don't know why they couldn't just let us watch them practice. :shrug:

12 minutes ago, IceWings said:

I know. :sadPooh: It's noted in the GPF website FAQ. I think people have written to Skate Canada asking them to reconsider, but I remember seeing their reply in a twitter (?) or maybe in the "2018 Grand Prix Final (Vancouver) Tickets and Discussion" thread (?) Basically they said they thought about it, but still decided to keep the practice closed to the public. They said something about in addition to the skaters needing to practice, the organizers needed to practice too. Don't know why they couldn't just let us watch them practice. :shrug:

That is almost word for word what GP Helsinki organizers said, too...

As for 4A, I, too, think it's impossible to predict when he'll bring it, mostly because we don't know how far along he is with it.

In his defense, for 4Lz, he never actually said he wouldn't do it. He just said he wasn't thinking about it, at the times he was asked. Which can simply mean he was obsessing over it. But he never said "I will not do 4Lz in Olympic Season". However, for 4A he did say he wants to bring it and I personally doubt he would say that if he didn't already have a certain level of success with it. Definitely landing without harness. I cannot imagine a world in which Yuzu would say he wants to bring in a jump that he has yet to land cleanly. So it's possible that neither Keegan nor Artur even trying 4A in front of him would do much for Yuzu either way, because I imagine he's farther along than both of them. I imagine maybe his 5% is more about integrating 4A in the program, rather than just being able to jump it. (In the new Team Brian book, I think, Brian talks quite a bit about the difference between being able to land a jump in itself and being able to do it in a program. I think he was talking about 4Lz, but surely that applies to 4A, too. Probably even more so.)

Yuzu knows he only has, at most, 3 competitions left after Nationals. He wouldn't talk about putting 4A in a program this year if he would only start practicing seriously after Nationals. That would be very unlike him. So, I suspect, if everything goes according to his plans, we should see it this season...

8 hours ago, IceWings said:

Exactly! why couldn't they let us watch them practice? And, we need practice, too, on how not to faint seeing Haru yo koi live. I hope they will change their mind.:snonegai:

I see the Olympic Channel is trying to stir up 4A excitement by telling us a 4A from Keegan is "Possible", but honestly imo either the quote is old, or Keegan means "possible" as in "anything's possible! Yuzu could land a sept, I could bring out the 4A, aliens could invade the planet".  Of course, he could have been cagey in what he told Bev Smith in the early season, but he strikes me as a straightforward person.  And what he said is supported by his actions from August onward continued flirtation with the 4Lz in practice and competition.  I suppose he could have given up on the 4Lz after SCI, but then he'd have only 3 weeks to reacquaint himself with the 4A in harness, work on getting it out of harness, and then land it enough he feels he could trying in a program in practice and then competition.  But then the other aspects of his program might suffer when he's about to compete at an event where  has a real chance of qualifying for the GPF?  I doubt Keegan would want to jeopardize that on the off chance he might land a 4A.