When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

That leaves 4CC, Worlds, and WTT. Debuting at Worlds would be unlikely which leaves 4CC or WTT, doesn’t it?

Yup. Trying for the first time at Worlds is a no-go which means 4CC or WTT. We don't even know if he'll go to 4CC though tbh, I expect so. He might try there but then WTT is really without any stress so that might be the best. But who knows with him.

I’m beginning to feel a bit ‘que sera, sera’ about 4A.  It will happen when it happens, and I’m happy to be in the losing team on Helsinki being the place because I (and I don’t think I was the only one) was getting carried away with the ease ( relatively speaking) with which he managed last years programmes - which were repeats thankfully in the circs.  Now I remember early versions of others and how long it takes to get them right and it’s unreasonable to expect 2 brand new programmes ( 3 if you count the ex) in a new scoring system  and a new quad - the new quad because we all know that  4A is a different beast, all in the same season. Jokes about aliens apart, he might well still do it but let’s just try and be patient and less frantic about it.  The media are being frantic enough for several fandoms.

I feel like WTT is the competition with the least pressure to win? I imagine he'd want to win 4CC. With the silver curse and stronger competition, might not want to risk it. I really thought Rostelecom was most likely before, if not until 2019, then it will be WTT. 

Ultimately, I want to see more of otonal and Origin, not that attached to the 4A. Give us an intense dramatic Origin Yuzu!:10636614:

23 minutes ago, Salior said:
Damn I was thinking more of 60%.

Isn't 20% still risky though? By 20% completion did he mean that he'll land the 4A 20% of the time? 

I wonder whether by 20% he means 20% not just landed but landed with +GOE

1 minute ago, makebelieveup said:

Thats too risky! I dont want him to try it if its only 20% successful. If he can land it perfectly the following seasons I will take that any day! That also means he will continue to skate for a couple seasons haha!! but I doubt he has that patience. 

Especially not when other skaters have announced they are gunning for it as well! The feeling I get is that he REALLY wants to be the first one to land it! 

Just now, OonsieHui said:

Especially not when other skaters have announced they are gunning for it as well! The feeling I get is that he REALLY wants to be the first one to land it! 

He def wants it. He said he doesnt need to be the first one but he would like to land it in competition. But I dont believe that statement. He may have meant it when he said it but knowing his competitive nature, he wouldnt be happy if he isnt the first one. I think he does have his priorities tho, like how he said he wants to perfect his programs first. I do believe he will wait after nationals since the skaters who have announced they want to land it arent really real threats to him. 

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

He def wants it. He said he doesnt need to be the first one but he would like to land it in competition. But I dont believe that statement. He may have meant it when he said it but knowing his competitive nature, he wouldnt be happy if he isnt the first one. I think he does have his priorities tho, like how he said he wants to perfect his programs first. I do believe he will wait after nationals since the skaters who have announced they want to land it arent really real threats to him. 

Yeah I felt bad, but honestly I legit laughed when I heard that Dimitri said he was putting it in his free skate is Rostelecom! Because in general the quality of his jumps aren't the greatest. It feels like he is going to just try it, because what's there to loose? If he fails, whatever. If he manages to somehow fully rotate one and stay on his feet, he makes history! And given that he doesn't really have any other claim to figure skating history at present, he's got nothing to loose. 

That said this is purely all my completely outsider, knee jerk reaction. Who knows? Maybe he's a lot further on than I think he is.... 

21 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Yeah I felt bad, but honestly I legit laughed when I heard that Dimitri said he was putting it in his free skate is Rostelecom! Because in general the quality of his jumps aren't the greatest. It feels like he is going to just try it, because what's there to loose? If he fails, whatever. If he manages to somehow fully rotate one and stay on his feet, he makes history! And given that he doesn't really have any other claim to figure skating history at present, he's got nothing to loose. 

That said this is purely all my completely outsider, knee jerk reaction. Who knows? Maybe he's a lot further on than I think he is.... 

You never know because you don't have to rotate a jump to have it called clean.

Also, more (similar) translations: